Manchester United claimed the club’s third Carling Cup win in just five seasons, with Patrice Evra lifting the trophy at a damp Wembley Stadium in North West London. With supporters decked in green and gold as the Glazer family watched on, Wayne Rooney and Michael Owen scored the goals to win the cup for United.
Also worth reading:
- Rooney – It’s an unbelievable feeling
- Rooney heads United to Cup glory
- Carling Cup final: preview
- Carling Cup final: head-to-heads
- Fergie defends Carling Cup policy … sort of