England international Ashley Young completed the formalities on a £15 million transfer last week, adding to Sir Alex Ferguson’s options in attack. The transfer caps a memorable year for 25-year-old former Watford player, who has broken into Fabio Capello’s England team after missing out on selection for the 2010 World Cup squad. However, despite the player’s progress with Aston Villa over the past 12 months not all Manchester United supporters are happy with the acquisition, questioning Young’s quality.
Moreover, with Nani and Antonio Valencia both preferring United’s right flank, Young will likely be used on the left – a position that Capello does not believe brings out the best in the new recruit. So, will the £15 million man be a success at Old Trafford or do the critics have it right?
Also worth reading:
- Young deal close so what now for Nani?
- Young deal on the cards; will he fit?
- Poll: Is Ashley Young an embarrassment to United?
- United to go for Huntelaar? But better with Young
- Poll: how should United approach the summer transfer market?