Coronavirus

Political Debate
User avatar
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend
Posts: 5254
Joined: 6 years ago

4 days ago

Yeah hopefully it's done and dusted for me.

I see Prince Charles has now tested positive. Watch the media frenzy. Its not as if the cunt will struggle for a ventilator.
User avatar
FuB
Legend
Posts: 5858
Joined: 4 years ago
Location: Littlewoods Data Entry Department

4 days ago

i bet all the cunts who want him to cede the throne straight to William are in two minds now.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 7646
Joined: 6 years ago

4 days ago

Sid wrote:
5 days ago
bman2 wrote:
5 days ago
Ironically, strictly from a beds/doctors perspective, the UK is probably better off than it looks. There's quite a large private healthcare system that has grown in recent years from all those with the means to escape the ever shittier NHS. Apparently the government has done a deal to use the private hospitals, which is a lot of additional beds and resources. Still far from ideal, and I would expect that the private sector would still be holding back resources so that for-pay patients can continue to get operations and procedures that the rest of the population won't have access to for quite a while.
Yeah private health companies are charging the NHS millions for beds. It's fucking disgusting. Profiting off a deadly pandemic. Capitalism has no shame. And anybody that condones this shite needs to sort their life out. A two tier health system were those with more money get better treatment is immoral. They should be nationalised in this crisis so more people can get treatment and survive. They've done this in Spain.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronav ... own-2020-3
They government has taken over the private health system in Ireland, but they're being run on a strictly non-profit basis. It could well end up being the permanent nationalisation and unification of the Irish health system.
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 7646
Joined: 6 years ago

4 days ago

Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
4 days ago
Yeah hopefully it's done and dusted for me.

I see Prince Charles has now tested positive. Watch the media frenzy. Its not as if the cunt will struggle for a ventilator.
Another famous person in the UK gets tested with few or no symptoms at all. Idris Elba posted about it a while ago "tested positive, no symptoms". Oh yeah, then how'd you get fucking tested?
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 24183
Joined: 6 years ago

3 days ago

bman2 wrote:
4 days ago
Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
4 days ago
Yeah hopefully it's done and dusted for me.

I see Prince Charles has now tested positive. Watch the media frenzy. Its not as if the cunt will struggle for a ventilator.
Another famous person in the UK gets tested with few or no symptoms at all. Idris Elba posted about it a while ago "tested positive, no symptoms". Oh yeah, then how'd you get fucking tested?
They're being prioritised and the rest of us just have to wait

Too late for some https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... t-priority
User avatar
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend
Posts: 5254
Joined: 6 years ago

2 days ago

Boris Johnson now has it, as does the Health Secretary. Other key experts who they've been working with will now have to self isolate.

They'll all be connected remotely, but it can't be good that the people leading our response can't be in the same room for the next 14 days.
User avatar
FuB
Legend
Posts: 5858
Joined: 4 years ago
Location: Littlewoods Data Entry Department

2 days ago

Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
2 days ago
Boris Johnson now has it, as does the Health Secretary. Other key experts who they've been working with will now have to self isolate.

They'll all be connected remotely, but it can't be good that the people leading our response can't be in the same room for the next 14 days.
To be fair, not having to be in the same room as that fuckwit might help them work better.

How are you now, mate? And your colleagues that took a turn for the worse?
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
User avatar
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend
Posts: 5254
Joined: 6 years ago

2 days ago

FuB wrote:
2 days ago
Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
2 days ago
Boris Johnson now has it, as does the Health Secretary. Other key experts who they've been working with will now have to self isolate.

They'll all be connected remotely, but it can't be good that the people leading our response can't be in the same room for the next 14 days.
To be fair, not having to be in the same room as that fuckwit might help them work better.

How are you now, mate? And your colleagues that took a turn for the worse?
All seem to be on the mend, though we have a new case that tested positive yesterday. Currently hospitalized but as of this morning, stable and didn't need a ventilator. The most serious case we have though.

I'm feeling ok today. Yesterday was a bitch though in terms of fatigue. Completely floored me. Physically and mentally I had nothing in the tank. had to stop working around midday, was in bed at 7pm and didn't wake till 8am this morning. Must've needed it though. Feel bright and breezy today.

You still well and healthy? How close are you to the Lombardy area?
User avatar
FuB
Legend
Posts: 5858
Joined: 4 years ago
Location: Littlewoods Data Entry Department

2 days ago

Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
2 days ago
FuB wrote:
2 days ago
Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
2 days ago
Boris Johnson now has it, as does the Health Secretary. Other key experts who they've been working with will now have to self isolate.

They'll all be connected remotely, but it can't be good that the people leading our response can't be in the same room for the next 14 days.
To be fair, not having to be in the same room as that fuckwit might help them work better.

How are you now, mate? And your colleagues that took a turn for the worse?
All seem to be on the mend, though we have a new case that tested positive yesterday. Currently hospitalized but as of this morning, stable and didn't need a ventilator. The most serious case we have though.

I'm feeling ok today. Yesterday was a bitch though in terms of fatigue. Completely floored me. Physically and mentally I had nothing in the tank. had to stop working around midday, was in bed at 7pm and didn't wake till 8am this morning. Must've needed it though. Feel bright and breezy today.

You still well and healthy? How close are you to the Lombardy area?
My wife and I have been fine throughout this. As I said earlier on (at the very beginning of the thread) we'd both had a bit of a cold prior to this all kicking off but it was nothing at all like what you've described.

The thing is, though, I work from home anyway so I've by default been out and about less than most. My wife is a teacher and they shut the schools straight away so she's been home (teaching over skype) too. My 86 year old father-in-law had a pretty heavy cold and cough more-or-less as this thing all kicked off (which worried us of course) but he's pretty much sorted now and it's just me and my wife with a - hardly worth mentioning - "cough" that's persisted for a couple of weeks or more. Nothing that bothers me and with no other symptoms whatsoever. It was pretty painful, but not excessively so, to cough for a day or two at the very outset.

We both have a science background (my wife is a science teacher) and have both, in the past, worked in microbiology so that may also contribute to us sort of knowing how to conduct ourselves.

We live in Veneto which is to the north east. we're a good 200km from Milan... however, Veneto is not free of problems by any means. As I said, the first old man who died in Italy was from Vo' Euganeo and that's about 5km from me.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 24183
Joined: 6 years ago

2 days ago

Just seen a professor from Nottingham say that at the start of the crisis Italy had twice the number of critical care units the NHS has. Doesn't bode well does it?

That was said in a convo about the latest Italian death toll: 919 in a day
Post Reply