Labour 'Party'

Political Debate
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

Corbyn wins with a bigger majority than last time - depite attempts to sgut him down by increasing the voting fee, purging of members, not sending in ballots preventing shitloads from voting
pint vulger
Legend

2 years ago

What is there not to like / disagree with in Corbyns policies.
redzebs
Legend

2 years ago

Sid wrote:Corbyn wins with a bigger majority than last time - depite attempts to sgut him down by increasing the voting fee, purging of members, not sending in ballots preventing shitloads from voting

He's a selfish prick, despite having no backing from his MPs, he's getting the Union vote along with enough naive young voters who are either still convinced the world can be changed by holding hands and singing or the ones throwing him a pity vote, the fact he still thinks he'll ever, ever, get any kind of mandate is staggering, he's either the biggest optimist on the planet or the biggest eejit!
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
pint vulger
Legend

2 years ago

redzebs wrote:
Sid wrote:Corbyn wins with a bigger majority than last time - depite attempts to sgut him down by increasing the voting fee, purging of members, not sending in ballots preventing shitloads from voting

He's a selfish prick, despite having no backing from his MPs, he's getting the Union vote along with enough naive young voters who are either still convinced the world can be changed by holding hands and singing or the ones throwing him a pity vote, the fact he still thinks he'll ever, ever, get any kind of mandate is staggering, he's either the biggest optimist on the planet or the biggest eejit!
Selfish ?? Its the members of the party who vote for the leader not the useless MP,s who have got into this dogs dinner ,i suggest mate it is you that is the fool ,you need to cease reading the Daily Mail et al.
Btw have you ver listened or read any of his politics ?
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

Ha Redz you're so full of right wing guff
redzebs
Legend

2 years ago

Sid wrote:Ha Redz you're so full of right wing guff

You've known that for years!!
redzebs
Legend

2 years ago

pint vulger wrote:
redzebs wrote:

Selfish ?? Its the members of the party who vote for the leader not the useless MP,s who have got into this dogs dinner ,i suggest mate it is you that is the fool ,you need to cease reading the Daily Mail et al.
Btw have you ver listened or read any of his politics ?

Yeah I have actually, and I agree with a lot of his ideals, but that's what they are, ideals.

Most of his policies make sense but how feasible they are is another thing,

Plus I don't agree with his stance on the monarchy, I don't agree with his view that Northern Ireland should be cut loose and set to join the Republic. And I don't think leaving NATO makes sense either.

Trident is a matter of personal opinion but there's no point in keeping it when he's already said he would never use it so he might as well scrap it if that's how he thinks and I wouldn't criticise him for it.

But things like renationalising RBS doesn't really make sense to me and a few other things like women only carriages on trains surely will only hide the problems on trains instead of tackling the issues of assaults etc.

But my point was, the people of the country vote their MPs in, he has fuck all support from his MPs, you can bitch about them all you want and call them traitors and whatever else but the fact is simple, he's never going to be electable and with most of his own MPs not backing him, if by some crazy turn of events labour got into power, he'll get fuck all through because no one will support him so what's the point of him? Plus he's going to be nearly 70 when the next election happens and he's got no experience of being more than a rabble rouser so how the fuck do people think an inexperienced 70 year old is going to run the country and make important decisions on the world stage?
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

But the MPs that don't support him have no support from Labour voters anymore. Everybody hates em for their relentless bitchy whining smear campaign of the most popular Labour leader in decades. They're now seen as middle class careerist self interest anti democratic little spad fucking scum, which is exactly what they are.

Labour voters want Labour to be about Labour, not this middle class careerist job toss it haa become. The days of the blairites, the middle class careerists, the neoliberals, the right wingers, are done.
redzebs
Legend

2 years ago

Sid wrote:But the MPs that don't support him have no support from Labour voters anymore. Everybody hates em for their relentless bitchy whining smear campaign of the most popular Labour leader in decades. They're now seen as middle class careerist self interest anti democratic little spad fucking scum, which is exactly what they are.

Labour voters want Labour to be about Labour, not this middle class careerist job toss it haa become. The days of the blairites, the middle class careerists, the neoliberals, the right wingers, are done.
Well I agree with you there Sid, if you and pint are arguing that there could be a seismic shift and that people will vote for alternative labour candidates who back Corbyn then fair enough.

I just think it's like local elections where people use their votes to scare the shit out of those in charge and at the next election, you'll have too many traditional voters voting for the same punters they've voted for for the last 10+ years, better the devil you know etc.

So Corbyn might be admirable in some of his stances but he's not going to come close to ousting the Tories or uniting his party so again, is it really worth it to stick two fingers up at the other labour MPs?
pint vulger
Legend

2 years ago

Not if the Establishment have their way. Cant see where he is a 'Selfish prick' though?