Martin Mcguiness steps down.

Political Debate
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

pint vulger wrote:Cheers mate ,a cracking summary may I suggest you missed out the bit that convicted murderers were freed early in order for the 'peace ' process to work ( apologies if thas not right)
A bridge to far for my liking .
What happens now ,has Mr McGuiness used the 'green' debacle as an excuse to force an election.
For me, this is stony ground as I openly admit to knowing fuck all about it, aside from a few horror stories told to me by a very good mate in Canada, and that the great Irish famine was a misnomer... but "convicted murderers" is really a matter of perspective, is it not?

Just saying like... I mean Tony Blair could easily be labelled a murder, depending in your perspective...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
pint vulger
Legend

3 years ago

I do label Tony Blair a murderer or indeed anyone who gives orders to send a missile down some poor persons street without guarantying that innocents will be safe.
The hypocrisy is astonishing ,he ( and the maj of others) wouldn't vote in favour of capital punishment for convicted waste of space,yet will chance killing innocent children 5,000 mile away . Hilary Benn inc .
I vote for someone who wont press the button.
Sorry as usual I digress ,McGuiness has a dodgy background.
FuB
Legend

3 years ago

Why are you continually making statements under the guise of wanting to be educated? Normally, wanting to be educated is better served by asking questions.

Thankfully, Zebs answered a question you didn't ask and made this thread wholly more interesting as a result.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
pint vulger
Legend

3 years ago

Its called a conversation,why did you feel the need to ask when it has nothing to do with the subject ,if you have a problem drop me a line.
Snoopcousins
Legend

3 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
pint vulger wrote:Cheers mate ,a cracking summary may I suggest you missed out the bit that convicted murderers were freed early in order for the 'peace ' process to work ( apologies if thas not right)
What happens now ,has Mr McGuiness used the 'green' debacle as an excuse to force an election.
For me, this is stony ground as I openly admit to knowing fuck all about it, aside from a few horror stories told to me by a very good mate in Canada, and that the great Irish famine was a misnomer... but "convicted murderers" is really a matter of perspective, is it not?

Just saying like... I mean Tony Blair could easily be labelled a murder, depending in your perspective...
You say matter of perspective....over here it's only a matter of wether you are a loyalist or a republican.
Unionists and nationalists are the ones than can see past differences but it doesn't matter, there will never be 'peace' over here.

I see and work with both sides every day and I see the hatred bred into their kids-
it's actually frightening....5 year olds throwing stones at police calling them black bastards, 7 year olds building bonfires shouting for 'taigs' to be burned on top of it...
The two sides will NEVER come to a peaceful resolution- it's too deep, anyone just needs to walk down Sandy Row on the 12th (and many tourists do) and you'll see that....or go into Andystown on the Easter Rising anniversary...

I was brought up a Prodestant and have family in the orange order and the Blacks and used to go to all the 12th's but now I work with it I despise it all - I despise both sides of it.
Anywhere other than greater Belfast is generally ok- but Belfast with all its interface points will never move forward.
It's one social housing area against another...all they do is indoctrine their kids to hate the other side and to hate the police
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
pint vulger
Legend

3 years ago

Is there any trouble Fri / Sat night down town ?
Snoopcousins
Legend

3 years ago

pint vulger wrote:Is there any trouble Fri / Sat night down town ?
Oh yes....city centre is littered with 'religious' assaults etc
The hardcores have their own bars in their own estates or close to them ...but other bars in town can still be affiliated with a side.
A lot of Door staff are from these sides

A lot of the local football teams are affiliated with one side or the other....
Police are everywhere for matches like Linfield Vs Cliftonville
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:

You're talking about the difference Alf between imperialism centuries ago and my dads mate being blown up by dissidents last year in sheer futility, condemned by men on both sides who have done time during the actual troubles, or the UVF blowing up the Miami show band for fuck all.

I married a Catholic girl from a Republican area and when we would go to funerals you'd see the graves of Catholics killed. Then when you've heard screams and night terrors of people who've mates have been killed by the IRA, it puts our class war, collenialism shit into perspective.

The only perspective is whether the combatants were soldiers or terrorists and I don't get into that because I can understand both sides. I've no bitterness, it's the tit for tat bull shit of point scoring and when you're fucked, when either side gets caught with the hand in the cookie jar? They blame "them uns" over there.

If you look at the major English parties, when they get caught in a scandal, they call their mates and throw fuck loads of lawyers at a problem and bury it.

When we have a problem, we blame whichever other religion is on the other side that's called us on it.

Then, unfortunately, there are enough knuckle draggers come July, to kick the shite out of each other and the police. They are only starting to understand corruption and that the politicians are self serving cunts here as much as anywhere else.

E.g. Martin McGuinness resigns. I'm not going to comment on that, I think it was a mixture of all three theories, the scandal, I'll Health and probably deep down, some politics.

Arlene Foster gave her reply which she is entitled to do and I have no issue with, if it's bull shit, people can make up their own minds.

But at the end, she chucks in, and we will always defend Unionism. Now most unionists will go, how dare you chuck that in because you were a fuckin tube. But there are enough, sadly, people, including young people who have been raised that way, that think wood pellets are what you put in the cats litter tray, so they'll hear that last part and go it's them uns again! Fuckin cunts, that's when the murdering scum slandering starts up again.

Like on a Facebook page I was reading, just hatred back and forth, pure bile.

E.g. Say a pretty safe Tory seat is next to a pretty safe labour seat. At the next fuck up of either party, the two towns or villages aren't going to kick the living shite out of each other.

There's too many factors but fuck me lol, don't drag up the plantations or the famine, we are still trying to move on from the fuckin 1990s ffs!
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
FuB
Legend

3 years ago

@Zebs and Snoop: based on what you've both been saying (and, truly, thanks to you both for shedding light on something that would be pretty impenetrable for me if I was there - i.e. i'd just be a tourist) do you worry that this current political scandal will get out of hand and result in more violence than democracy?
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Lazarus
Legend

3 years ago

redzebs wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:Ah, Zebs... you do know, Laz and Coop are the same dude... yeah???
Yeah but it's ok because I've got my mirror on front of me and my Laz mirror on the left because he's a left footer and my Snoop to the right because he's a hun :D

So all three of me are here yes.
:))

Some good posts by Zebs and Snoops. I'm sure, like Fub, people have picked up on Pints bullshit and therefore i'm out, this is way to personal for me. I will be happy someday to sit down to a pint with Zebs and Snoops and talk about this stuff.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X