Just 24 hours left

Political Debate
Sid
Legend

8 months ago

Right winger sent shitloads pipe bombs to democrats, right winger shoots 11 people at a synogogue, anti semitism crimes on the rise in the UK

Fascism is back
Sid
Legend

8 months ago

Bolsonaro winning the brazil presidency is terrible. He's basically a fascist and doesn't try to hide it. There's a vid of him promising to punish "reds" and those that aren't patriotic enough.
Lazarus
Legend

8 months ago

Sid wrote:
8 months ago
Fair play, Laz

Can someone explain the results in the american elections? I don't get it
Which part do you not get, it's a very broad question?

Three branches of US politics , Legislative (State reps), Executive (the White House) and Judicial (Supreme Court).

The Legislative branch ( also know as the Congress) was what was being voted on last night. There are two parts of the Legislative Branch, the House of Representatives and the Senate. The Dems won the House of Reps and Trump held the Senate. This is a massive topic.... Let me know what parts you want to know about.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Sid
Legend

8 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
8 months ago
Sid wrote:
8 months ago
Fair play, Laz

Three branches of US politics , Legislative (State reps), Executive (the White House) and Judicial (Supreme Court).

The Legislative branch ( also know as the Congress) was what was being voted on last night. There are two parts of the Legislative Branch, the House of Representatives and the Senate. The Dems won the House of Reps and Trump held the Senate. This is a massive topic.... Let me know what parts you want to know about.
Still don't understand tbf. Nah, I get it a bit. So what does the democrats winning the house of reps mean for Trump and the republicans? Is he limited in what he can do now? Is it an accurate indication of what might happen at the next election, aka the dems winning?
Lazarus
Legend

8 months ago

Sid wrote:
8 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
8 months ago
Sid wrote:
8 months ago
Fair play, Laz

Still don't understand tbf. Nah, I get it a bit. So what does the democrats winning the house of reps mean for Trump and the republicans? Is he limited in what he can do now? Is it an accurate indication of what might happen at the next election, aka the dems winning?
The Dems winning the House gives them subpoena power which allows them to hold the Reps in check. But Trump can veto them, veto's are usually seen as the President overstepping the wishes of the people, But Trump doesn't give a fuck so it's more of the same really. It's just going to make everything more contentious. It's not an accurate reflection of what it means for 2020, it just gives Trump a punching bag to continue to rile up his base, but I believe his personality is wearing thin and his one trick pony act will eventually run out of maneuvering room. He'll have to push hard on getting a strangle hold on immigration and law and order or his base will fall away, so more and more of the same it seems. He's still well on course for a complete power grab.
Lazarus
Legend

8 months ago

As if to prove the point Trumps just tweeted.....

Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

If the Democrats think they are going to waste Taxpayer Money investigating us at the House level, then we will likewise be forced to consider investigating them for all of the leaks of Classified Information, and much else, at the Senate level. Two can play that game!
Sid
Legend

8 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
8 months ago
Sid wrote:
8 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
8 months ago
Sid wrote:
8 months ago
Fair play, Laz

The Dems winning the House gives them subpoena power which allows them to hold the Reps in check. But Trump can veto them, veto's are usually seen as the President overstepping the wishes of the people, But Trump doesn't give a fuck so it's more of the same really. It's just going to make everything more contentious. It's not an accurate reflection of what it means for 2020, it just gives Trump a punching bag to continue to rile up his base, but I believe his personality is wearing thin and his one trick pony act will eventually run out of maneuvering room. He'll have to push hard on getting a strangle hold on immigration and law and order or his base will fall away, so more and more of the same it seems. He's still well on course for a complete power grab.
Perfect, cheers

"His base will fall away" - aye, steel workers are super pissed off that despite the tariffs work still hasn't come their way. So the United Steelworkers union voted overwhelmingly to strike.
FuB
Legend

8 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
8 months ago
Sid wrote:
8 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
8 months ago
Sid wrote:
8 months ago
Fair play, Laz

So he's finally sacked Sessions to try and silence the probes into him.

... and he's taking further steps to silence any press that criticises him… watch how Jim Acosta "lays hands on a woman" or, err, doesn't. But that doesn't matter nowadays because the accusation carries more weight than the truth.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46133268
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Lazarus
Legend

8 months ago

Strangely the Acosta thing is more surprising than the Sessions sacking. It's a bold step he's strongly disliked Acosta for a long time. This is just the start....
Lazarus
Legend

8 months ago

....and another mass shooting in Cali last night. 12 dead.