General Election June 8 th

Political Debate
marlon
Legend

1 year ago

Not really sure - my understanding of antisemitism is pretty superficial and it's hard to judge when you're learning along with the accusations. Obviously there's nothing wrong with criticising Israeli policy, but is that all this is? That he's been commited to the Palestinian movement for so long that there's bound to be some dodgy stuff? Given the opinions of (what seems like) most Jews in the uk, who suggest that Corbyn may not be antisemitic but he tolerates/enables it, it seems at least likely that Corbyn's understanding of antisemitism is flawed.
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

marlon wrote:
1 year ago
Not really sure - my understanding of antisemitism is pretty superficial and it's hard to judge when you're learning along with the accusations. Obviously there's nothing wrong with criticising Israeli policy, but is that all this is? That he's been commited to the Palestinian movement for so long that there's bound to be some dodgy stuff? Given the opinions of (what seems like) most Jews in the uk, who suggest that Corbyn may not be antisemitic but he tolerates/enables it, it seems at least likely that Corbyn's understanding of antisemitism is flawed.
......and his own personality makes it hard to like him. He has that lefty intellectual arrogance that is very annoying. I've not gotten the feeling that there is a big grassroots anti Jewish movement among Labour supporters, if there was i'd be against it and expect it to be shut down just like the alt-right shite.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
swampash
Legend

1 year ago

Why does being pro-Palestinian get automatically labelled as being antisemitic?
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
marlon
Legend

1 year ago

swampash wrote:
1 year ago
Why does being pro-Palestinian get automatically labelled as being antisemitic?
Where'd you hear that?
swampash
Legend

1 year ago

Seems to be the default judgement these days - any legitimate criticism of the Israeli government with respect to its actions in Palestine seems to draw the accusation. Can't help feeling that it is the core of the accusations being levelled at the Labour Party at the moment.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Sid
Legend

4 months ago

US threaten coup if Corbyn is elected prime minster https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/0 ... t-uk-jews/

If he does the evil communist stalinish maoist thing of diverting a little bit of wealth to feed people and fund hospitals, they're going to "push back" against the UK
Sid
Legend

4 months ago

Tbf the UK is basically a satelite state for the US. US money is funding the british far right, it's paying for UKIP, Tommy Robinson, Milo etc it's directly influencing the tory leadership and now it's threatening to "push back" against Corbyn because he plans to create state run monopolies that US companies won't be able to penetrate (NHS, energy, insurance etc)

What's mad though, is that people think the EU is any better - when it also demands services be open to private tender, has a brutally racist immigration stance which has led them to privatised genocide etc.

Which ruthless neoliberal imperialist monster do you go with when all you want is a warm house in winter, some nice food and a nice classroom for your kids.
Lazarus
Legend

4 months ago

First of all you pick the least worse option, which for me is the EU then you set about trying to change it from within..... but there's a feeling about that we've already gone too far down the path of madness and conflict and social breakdown seem inevitable. ffs......
Robbo
Legend

4 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
4 months ago
First of all you pick the least worse option, which for me is the EU then you set about trying to change it from within..... but there's a feeling about that we've already gone too far down the path of madness and conflict and social breakdown seem inevitable. ffs......
A civil war now that could be fun to watch on TV better than football :-BD
-----------------------------------------------------
Lazarus
Legend

4 months ago

Robbo wrote:
4 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
4 months ago
A civil war now that could be fun to watch on TV better than football :-BD
:)) How long before sponsorship and advertising ruin it though....... "The Civil War " Sponsored by Radox, Refreshing relief after a hard day or night on the barricades.