Re: Manchester, and now London

Political Debate
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

Fella said he reported one of the london attackers to police 2 years ago but they didn't get back to him http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-4015936 ... back-to-me

Since Theresa May became home secretary in 2010 total police numbers in England and Wales have fallen by 46,700 or 19.5% - https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... dge-attack

The number of armed police officers has also been falling, including as a proportion of all police officers, from 4.9% in 2012 to 4.4% in 2016 (1300 less) - https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... er-budgets

And all this while they're arming the fuck out of terrorist regimes in the middle east. And what's May's solution? To stop us using the internet, to ed our encryption, to spy on us.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

Sid wrote:Fella said he reported one of the london attackers to police 2 years ago but they didn't get back to him http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-4015936 ... back-to-me

Since Theresa May became home secretary in 2010 total police numbers in England and Wales have fallen by 46,700 or 19.5% - https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... dge-attack

The number of armed police officers has also been falling, including as a proportion of all police officers, from 4.9% in 2012 to 4.4% in 2016 (1300 less) - https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... er-budgets

And all this while they're arming the fuck out of terrorist regimes in the middle east. And what's May's solution? To stop us using the internet, to ed our encryption, to spy on us.
Starting to see why some suspect a conspiracy, Sid?
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

Well it's just the neoliberal way; cut everything, all the services, and that includes police and armed forces

Meanwhile being capitalists they sell weapons to anybody and everybody regardless of the implications whilst bombing foreign lands for oil and the like because that's what our capitalist shitholes run on. And when that inspires terrorism here, they use it as an excuse to clamp down on our freedoms, it's one of the perks

It's been this on repeat since way since at least the 80s when they paid and armed Bin Laden to smash the soviets. But then 8 years later he smashed down the world trade centre. But the governent won't "learn" because there's nothing to learn.

Events like this just reveal how the world really works, how capitalism operates.
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

One of the attackers was banned from a mosque and physically thrown out of another for his beliefs and associations with a banned extremist group https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... huram-butt

He was also a massive Arsenal fan. What are Arsenal fans doing to combat extremism in their own ranks eh?

He was another "peripheral" figure that the police didn't have the resoruces to investigate
Snoopcousins
Legend

3 years ago

Sid wrote:One of the attackers was banned from a mosque and physically thrown out of another for his beliefs and associations with a banned extremist group https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... huram-butt

He was also a massive Arsenal fan. What are Arsenal fans doing to combat extremism in their own ranks eh?

He was another "peripheral" figure that the police didn't have the resoruces to investigate
And how would you want police to investigate him before he did something like that?! Honest question.
He hadn't committed any offenses other than Pre-meditating it ...only way would have been to back all his phones and communication - stuff you say they shouldn't be allowed to do!
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
pint vulger
Legend

3 years ago

You tell us Snoop ,you have more experience in these matters ,it's real tricky one. But under T May watch extremism and actions of have increased ,we can't keep having pop concerts and floral vigils,when is someone going to get mad ?
Snoopcousins
Legend

3 years ago

pint vulger wrote:You tell us Snoop ,you have more experience in these matters ,it's real tricky one. But under T May watch extremism and actions of have increased ,we can't keep having pop concerts and floral vigils,when is someone going to get mad ?
I have no experience with counter terrorism intelligence tho.....
The height of my knowledge is of our local known dissedent terrorists and what we do to counter them...but for me it's stop and search stuff , putting in sightings etc...can't really do that in the UK when they are face-less people
There's obviously stuff going on up the chain like CHIS's etc...

I'd say internment would have to come in to deal with these suspected terrorists in the U.K. ...powers to do stuff with only suspicion....
But then you'd get many complaining about that kind of regime
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
pint vulger
Legend

3 years ago

On that note if I am sneaking around my area in the. Middle of night armed with a crow bar and a screwdriver I would hope that if collared red handed I would expect to be locked up ? No .
I have sought of no problem with stop and search ,on the basis nothing to hide etc.
We have a dogs dinner and can only see it getting worse tbf ,racial tension in the areas around here Oldham,Ashto,Hyde,Rochdale etc is mainly covered hushed up and just to contradict in the grand scheme even though there are plenty of incidents it not that bad yet,but.
I,m not confident some of the words spoken in th Mosques is not what you would want to hear.
As a Catholic I cannot remember any political dialogue come from the pulpit at mass on Sunday during th trouble in NI.Although I have absolutely no idea what goes on within the Mosques.
Bombing foreigners will not help though.
FuB
Legend

3 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
pint vulger wrote:You tell us Snoop ,you have more experience in these matters ,it's real tricky one. But under T May watch extremism and actions of have increased ,we can't keep having pop concerts and floral vigils,when is someone going to get mad ?
I have no experience with counter terrorism intelligence tho.....
The height of my knowledge is of our local known dissedent terrorists and what we do to counter them...but for me it's stop and search stuff , putting in sightings etc...can't really do that in the UK when they are face-less people
There's obviously stuff going on up the chain like CHIS's etc...

I'd say internment would have to come in to deal with these suspected terrorists in the U.K. ...powers to do stuff with only suspicion....
But then you'd get many complaining about that kind of regime
but that's precisely the point... he wasn't "face-less". If you actually bothered to read the link Sid posted, you'd have known that they've admitted he was known to them for about 2 years. The problem that Sid has highlighted is that the police have had their resources cut to the point where they have to prioritise away from said "peripheral" figures. You're just assuming that Sid is being all anti-police and jumping on that. I'd suggest you pay more attention instead.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
FuB
Legend

3 years ago

pint vulger wrote:On that note if I am sneaking around my area in the. Middle of night armed with a crow bar and a screwdriver I would hope that if collared red handed I would expect to be locked up ? No .
I have sought of no problem with stop and search ,on the basis nothing to hide etc.
We have a dogs dinner and can only see it getting worse tbf ,racial tension in the areas around here Oldham,Ashto,Hyde,Rochdale etc is mainly covered hushed up and just to contradict in the grand scheme even though there are plenty of incidents it not that bad yet,but.
I,m not confident some of the words spoken in th Mosques is not what you would want to hear.
As a Catholic
I cannot remember any political dialogue come from the pulpit at mass on Sunday during th trouble in NI.Although I have absolutely no idea what goes on within the Mosques.
Bombing foreigners will not help though.
you'd also do well to stop being such a divisive assuming twat.

read the link, pint. The local mosque turned him away precisely because they didn't want him politicising things.

but, you know, as a Catholic you'd be well versed in thinking you're the righteous one so a lot becomes clear
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit