Re: Manchester, and now London

Political Debate
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

Laz is right, the tories will benefit from this and so will the terrorist states in the middle east who we've been throwing weapons at for the last 7 years
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

2 years ago

Horrific. So many kids, clearly targeted by design.

Two lads at work had a niece and daughter there respectively, fortunately both ok. But listening to some radio interviews of family members waiting outside who rushed in to search for loved ones, having to search through dead bodies. Awful.

It's really upset me has this. I have a 17 year old and 12 year daughter and this is exactly the type of event they often go to.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

2 years ago

redzebs wrote:Not the time Laz,

Enough time for that later.

Feel so bad for the parents who still don't know where their kids are.
This is EXACTLY "the time"... moms and dads will be heartbroken, and grieving, and outraged as well... outraged at the heartless cunt who killed their babies... but they should also be outraged at our own culpability in all this...

Until we accept our own responsibility, and actually deal with the issues that created the hatred that inspires these atrocities, then you better just get used to it, because it will happen, again, and again...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
redzebs
Legend

2 years ago

Yeah but can we get the kids who are missing and identify the dead first ffs, like I'm talking a few days, should be preoccupied with that poor woman you pointed out for example, I think she'd rather have closure than politically astute people going well we've only ourselves to blame, we know that, and it shouldn't be allowed to be swept under the carpet but I agree this is inadvertently going to benefit the Tories especially after Corbyn interviews yesterday I think or Sunday which I don't think were that bad but did come across as slight empathy for IRA who did what on the mainland? Yip, bombing. Not his fault but definitely not fine for political point scoring.

Think media should make reference though to amount of Muslim taxi drivers giving free lifts and Muslim doctors and nurses and emts who saved lives. That needs to be highlighted like fuck.

Laz I wasn't going on at all about bull dog spirit and all that shite, I'm just saying having loads of Northern and Southern (England mates), Mancs are notorious for being practical, really dry, I was just pointing out the lack of hysteria in so many interviews whereas some other parts of the world, fuck, other parts of the UK wouldn't bounce back so quick.

Could be working class City and it's roots but they just don't take shit.

Same as Glasgow that time, remember the airport porter grabbed a bomber and punched the head off him when a lot of people would be running the other way.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

2 years ago

redzebs wrote:Yeah but can we get the kids who are missing and identify the dead first ffs, like I'm talking a few days, should be preoccupied with that poor woman you pointed out for example, I think she'd rather have closure than politically astute people going well we've only ourselves to blame, we know that, and it shouldn't be allowed to be swept under the carpet but I agree this is inadvertently going to benefit the Tories especially after Corbyn interviews yesterday I think or Sunday which I don't think were that bad but did come across as slight empathy for IRA who did what on the mainland? Yip, bombing. Not his fault but definitely not fine for political point scoring.

Think media should make reference though to amount of Muslim taxi drivers giving free lifts and Muslim doctors and nurses and emts who saved lives. That needs to be highlighted like fuck.

Laz I wasn't going on at all about bull dog spirit and all that shite, I'm just saying having loads of Northern and Southern (England mates), Mancs are notorious for being practical, really dry, I was just pointing out the lack of hysteria in so many interviews whereas some other parts of the world, fuck, other parts of the UK wouldn't bounce back so quick.

Same as Glasgow that time, remember the airport porter grabbed a bomber and punched the head off him when a lot of people would be running the other way.
Don't be daft Zebs... no one is going to front up to a grieving mother and tell her to see this from "a different perspective"... but it's something that has to be talked about, which is what we're doing here...

You want to hear a very cynical idea? What do you think our authorities would do, if any of these grieving parents actually already had the perspective that, we've helped to create this tragedy, and tried to speak out about it, crying, "this is our fault, we created this hatred, I'm ashamed of our government"... I'm telling you right now, the authorities would try to keep them quiet... THAT, is the fucked up reality we live in...

Every time one of these incidents happen, it's all about, "the terrorist", and the rest of the "bad guys, in black turbans", and "the great spirit that will get us through"... and every time, voices of reason TRY, to make sense of it, and point out how we've played our part in creating this mess... and every time, they're shot down for being unpatriotic, unsympathetic, and every other, "unsomething"... nothing changes, except local Muslims feel more threatened, and rabid nationalism gets a bit bolder...

You're right, that now is the time for the grieving to grieve... but the rest of us should be shouting from the fuckin rooftops, that this has to stop!
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Snoopcousins
Legend

2 years ago

I honestly don't get all this "it's our fault, we brought it on ourselves" stuff....
Maybe I'm not as politically astute as some on here but I think that's bullcrap...
Yes maybe we don't need to get involved in everything around the world but these people believe in their "cause" and Christianity is in the way of that

The only way I see us bringing anything on ourselves is letting everyone and anyone into the UK and not kicking out those that we know are inciting hatred and stirring things up- they can't live here and also preach against the ways of the UK.
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
redzebs
Legend

2 years ago

Well IS are claiming direct responsibility so you don't know if this guys been and seen the shit in Syria and Iraq. No excuse but his head was probably away after seeing shit and having the same cunts repeat their doctrine over and over again.

What annoys me is the lone wolf uk born, 2nd generation cunts that see the shit being perpetrated around the world on the internet but have never been on a holiday to fuckin Egypt never mind been away fighting in Syria, practises his religion but hasn't a fuckin scoobie what's really going on, going out and killing a white person and/or a peeler with a car or a knife, because they are white or in the police, haven't been to Church since Sunday School but yeah, they are Christian infidels, that'll show 'em.

That shouldn't be reported as terror attacker, that should be crazed lunatic kills innocents in violent criminal attack.

But last night was terrorist, IS claimed, too sophisticated for a you tube job. I'm more worried that there's some cunt somewhere making belts, you don't get a professional ied maker in to make one bomb/belt.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Lazarus
Legend

2 years ago

redzebs wrote:Yeah but can we get the kids who are missing and identify the dead first ffs, like I'm talking a few days, should be preoccupied with that poor woman you pointed out for example, I think she'd rather have closure than politically astute people going well we've only ourselves to blame, we know that, and it shouldn't be allowed to be swept under the carpet but I agree this is inadvertently going to benefit the Tories especially after Corbyn interviews yesterday I think or Sunday which I don't think were that bad but did come across as slight empathy for IRA who did what on the mainland? Yip, bombing. Not his fault but definitely not fine for political point scoring.

Zebs the thing is i'm sick hearing about the spirit of the people and the emergency services, the taxi firms taking people home for free, the people bringing people into their houses, the people digging through bodies..... That's what ordinary people do, everywhere!!!! Why trumpet it? The pain, the loss, the heartbreaking personal stories we've heard it all before.

I'm not involved in trying to identify the dead, i don't have to wait to hear their names or ages to give my opinion, they'll be similar to all the other victims of all the other atrocities. They're deaths won't change my mind about what's going on.

As for Corbyn and his IRA comments. He gets dogs abuse yet all the while the British government were talking to the IRA whilst denying they were, they even did it during the ridiculous media ban. They were neck deep in spies and operations against both sides. The bullshit was astounding then and it's the same now.

You say you aren't going on about Bulldog spirit but your posts are shot through with it, "I was just pointing out the lack of hysteria in so many interviews whereas some other parts of the world, fuck, other parts of the UK wouldn't bounce back so quick", "Tough as nails", "Could be working class City and it's roots but they just don't take shit.", "Could be working class City and it's roots but they just don't take shit." ..... Who has bounced back? Jesus Christ the people here who lost people 40 years ago haven't bounced back, society might bounce back because life goes on but the families involved in this attack will not be bouncing back. Those people have taken shite!!!! Pity those people didn't get the chance to 'punch the head off him'.....

As Alf says now is the time to be shouting from the rooftops.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Lazarus
Legend

2 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote:I honestly don't get all this "it's our fault, we brought it on ourselves" stuff....
Maybe I'm not as politically astute as some on here but I think that's bullcrap...
Yes maybe we don't need to get involved in everything around the world but these people believe in their "cause" and Christianity is in the way of that

The only way I see us bringing anything on ourselves is letting everyone and anyone into the UK and not kicking out those that we know are inciting hatred and stirring things up- they can't live here and also preach against the ways of the UK.
But you don't see anything wrong with Britain letting itself into other peoples countries, taking over and then calling the people who lived there terrorists... "I honestly don't get all this "it's our fault, we brought it on ourselves" stuff...." Remember Maggie called Mandela a terrorist, remember the Queen meeting Martin McGuinness?
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Snoopcousins
Legend

2 years ago

Lazarus wrote:
Snoopcousins wrote:I honestly don't get all this "it's our fault, we brought it on ourselves" stuff....

But you don't see anything wrong with Britain letting itself into other peoples countries, taking over and then calling the people who lived there terrorists... "I honestly don't get all this "it's our fault, we brought it on ourselves" stuff...." Remember Maggie called Mandela a terrorist, remember the Queen meeting Martin McGuinness?
Don't remember seeing any UK attacks targeting just innocent people....

Plenty of people think Mandela is a terrorist including my family (I am African)....
I'm not a fan of Queen meeting McGuiness but can see why was done.
Only issues I see are maybe getting involved in too many squabbles and trying to fix places that are way too complicated
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018