Re: Manchester, and now London

Political Debate
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Sid wrote:How bad is this, Kensington and Chelsea council are going to relocate some of the survivors outside of London which takes them off the council's books. This was the plan all along, to get rid of the poor in that borough. And if they refuse to be relocated out of the city they work in, grew up in, they'll be classed as homeless.

But don't worry that 5,500 grand will go a long way to getting a new home and replacing all of their possessions. You get more on dole ffs.

It's just outrageous. There's two crimes, the initial fire and then the treatment of them after the event
I'm not sure about that Sid... you know me, I definitely think the establishment is callous enough, but I don't think they'd be that stupid... not yet, when the anger is still so raw... from what I read, there was an offer of accommodation from some MP in Northumberland, and it's a genuine offer of help, so some are being relocated there, but I don't think anyone is being forced...

I get the social cleansing thing though... this has been going on for centuries actually... different locations all around the world, but the basic tactics remain the same... once the rich identify a location they fancy, then whoever is currently there is on borrowed time...

New York, LA, London, Paris... when a warehouse district becomes trendy, or a river front with views, or whatever... the rich always get their way, and the way they want it, in the end...

It's called progress apparently...
Aye, I guess we'll see. But the govt are making all the right noises. The tories have just lurched from one outrageous thing to another without repercussions. May is still fucking there. I can't believe it. The government would have toppled in most other countries, let alone a fucking leader who is universally hated by her own party and the rich who fund it. It's just staggering.

I can only think enough tories/rich cunts want May to stay because a new leader would increase calls for another election because he/she would have been voted in by tories not the general public. This on top of the calls for an election to get rid of the tory/DUP alliance which the british electorate absolutely didn't vote for and doesn't want - an alliance with bunch of right wing christian lunatics ffs. But the momentum is with labour so they don't think they'd win. So better May and be in power than another leader and be out of power.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

2 years ago

I don't think there's any doubt that this disaster will have a silver lining for the wealthy locals... it won't happen immediately, because they'll need to tread with some bogus empathy for the time being... but that tower won't get rebuilt, and I've no doubt that most of the people who survived it, will end up living elsewhere... that tower will probably be replaced by a lovely memorial park, for the rich to walk their dogs...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

2 years ago

"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Lazarus
Legend

2 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:I don't think there's any doubt that this disaster will have a silver lining for the wealthy locals... it won't happen immediately, because they'll need to tread with some bogus empathy for the time being... but that tower won't get rebuilt, and I've no doubt that most of the people who survived it, will end up living elsewhere... that tower will probably be replaced by a lovely memorial park, for the rich to walk their dogs...
I said exactly that to my wife last night.......
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

Without a doubt, Alf
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

2 years ago

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/sur ... ocid=ientp

That'll be Duncan Smith... making sure they're not out eating pizza, and playing bingo... been what, nearly a week now??? Time to get a fuckin job...
pint vulger
Legend

2 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:I don't think there's any doubt that this disaster will have a silver lining for the wealthy locals... it won't happen immediately, because they'll need to tread with some bogus empathy for the time being... but that tower won't get rebuilt, and I've no doubt that most of the people who survived it, will end up living elsewhere... that tower will probably be replaced by a lovely memorial park, for the rich to walk their dogs...
Bogus empathy????? That's a bit of a sweeping statement for one as politically correct as you ain't it ?
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/sur ... ocid=ientp

That'll be Duncan Smith... making sure they're not out eating pizza, and playing bingo... been what, nearly a week now??? Time to get a fuckin job...
He'd take the donations off them n all if they were to sign on
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

2 years ago

pint vulger wrote:
Bogus empathy????? That's a bit of a sweeping statement for one as politically correct as you ain't it ?
Yeah, I've called you out in the other thread shit head... don't let me down...
FuB
Legend

2 years ago

Lazarus wrote:
I said exactly that to my wife last night.......
Not to disagree with the sentiment of your post Alf (and agreement, Laz) but I think - and I made an allusion to it a long way back in this thread - this is a LONG time after some palms have been greased and EXTREMELY lucrative contracts have been "won" by corrupt council procurement to firstly demolish the site and do any environmental "clean up" (read "charge a shitload for dumping stuff in a landfill"). Then the redevelopment contracts will be up for grabs but will be a foregone conclusion because some cunt is greasing palms RIGHT NOW... right in the shadow of a disaster. Of this I am sure.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit