Salisbury Poisoning

Political Debate
Lazarus
Legend

8 months ago

Jeez Fub that was more readable than that Hawking hack!!!!!

....now the russkies are claiming they've never made the Novichuk, they don't have any.

The dividing factors between the differing factions in the world are becoming increasingly blurred, lying and propaganda have become the new reality. Richness has become the only distinguishable, reliable tell tale sign..... Dirty Bastards!!!
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Lazarus
Legend

8 months ago

"Russian spy Sergei Skripal’s pet guinea pigs and cat have died after being sealed in his Salisbury home by the police."

Bastards! I once had a Russian Hamster who came back to life..... Wonder did the cat eat the guinea pigs before it snuffed it ....?
FuB
Legend

8 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
8 months ago
"Russian spy Sergei Skripal’s pet guinea pigs and cat have died after being sealed in his Salisbury home by the police."

Bastards! I once had a Russian Hamster who came back to life..... Wonder did the cat eat the guinea pigs before it snuffed it ....?
Seems to be the order of the day for Russians that should supposedly be dead
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Lazarus
Legend

8 months ago

He wasn't moving so we got a Ship matchbox and wrapped him in tissue and put his lifeless corpse in. We went out to bury him but it was dark and raining. So we left him on the windowsill until the morning, two children went to bed with tears in their eyes..... Came down next morning, went to bury him and the box moved. I opened it and out he popped....!!!! He lived for a whole six months after that.
Sid
Legend

8 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
8 months ago

Has anybody ran a blood test on the guinea pig and cat? Where they also spies? If so they might have been the intended target and Sergei and Yulia just got caught in the crossfire

If so you have to say it was a highly successful assassination
Lazarus
Legend

8 months ago

:-o
bman2
Legend

8 months ago

The dead animals makes me really sad.

Sounds like the policeman, the target, and his daughter were all very lucky. All just goes to show that these elaborate modes of assassination are misguided. So much that could go wrong. If the nerve agent was applied to the door knob as claimed, it’s well outside of laboratory conditions. Maybe they were out for longer than expected and the stuff degraded. Maybe a cold spell like the UK has had degraded it. Maybe there was a polish on the door knob that affected it, or simply the metal itself reacted with it. Who knows. (Well, someone probably does).

Surviving is one thing though, will they fully recover? I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re invalided and die younger than they otherwise would have.
Sid
Legend

8 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
8 months ago

:-o
Spot on, that could be documentary footage
FuB
Legend

8 months ago

bman2 wrote:
8 months ago
The dead animals makes me really sad.

Sounds like the policeman, the target, and his daughter were all very lucky. All just goes to show that these elaborate modes of assassination are misguided. So much that could go wrong. If the nerve agent was applied to the door knob as claimed, it’s well outside of laboratory conditions. Maybe they were out for longer than expected and the stuff degraded. Maybe a cold spell like the UK has had degraded it. Maybe there was a polish on the door knob that affected it, or simply the metal itself reacted with it. Who knows. (Well, someone probably does).

Surviving is one thing though, will they fully recover? I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re invalided and die younger than they otherwise would have.
I agree with you that the fate of the animals makes for an even sadder story. The Russians clearly know the general British psyche (I know you're of Irish decent bman) regarding animals and they're milking that one as much as they can for propoganda. I can understand the need to seal off the house as a crime scene and likely contaminated, so it's a shame the rodents died from neglect. I really don't understand the decision to put the cat down though... it was "distressed" so the vet decided to put it down. Fuck me! Our cat gets distressed if I pop to the shops for five minutes so I'm glad we don't let that vet anywhere near him.

Re the possibility that the substance degraded due to environmental conditions, etc.: that's always a possibility but I would have expected a toxin developed with military money would be tested for that sort of thing as a matter of course, especially one that was supposedly developed to be weaponised even in bombs. Even so, you can't test for every eventuality so it's a good hypothesis. In the end, I think the actual "problem" (for the assassins) is that they just didn't deliver a high enough dose. I would assume, also, that the length of time between likely contact with the toxin and them being discovered on the park bench (not sure how long this actually is but seems at least a couple of hours) was that it needed to be ingested or maybe inhaled - no one sniffs or licks their door knob. It might be that they didn't ingest any until they ate at Zizzi so maybe they were discovered quite soon after hence the fact they survived.

I'm pretty sure no one is ever going to be forthcoming with all the details anyway so it'll always be a degree of conjecture. I do hope they make as full a recovery as possible but, having been targeted, even if they make a full recovery they're going to be looking over their shoulders forever now. I assume to a degree they would have been already, at least the father.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
marlon
Legend

8 months ago

That's the thing with this case - it was always going to be hard to prove and the kind of evidence intelligence services might use was probably never going to be shared with the public. So for the government to react so quickly and decisively with nothing to back it up was always going to look dodgy - I guess they were relying on jingoism to underpin public support.