Salisbury Poisoning

Political Debate
bman2
Legend

1 year ago

I've yet to hear anyone suggest a plausible alternative to the Russian state in terms of method or motivation. There's not some great conspiracy here. Who else would even want to bump him off? Who else would be able to use a nerve agent that would also want to? The whole point of using the nerve agent (or polonium) is to make is to send a clear message. It's obviously Russia ffs, bumping off ex spies who changed sides.
marlon
Legend

1 year ago

Sure, but the reaction last time was v different last time. The whole inquiry thing and I think we eventually identified the people who did it as well. There was a proper investigation and then we basically did nothing. This time we reacted before the investigation. May was quite happy to kick Grenfell into the long grass but she goes two footed on foreign policy with barely a second thought.
FuB
Legend

1 year ago

marlon wrote:
1 year ago
Sure, but the reaction last time was v different last time. The whole inquiry thing and I think we eventually identified the people who did it as well. There was a proper investigation and then we basically did nothing. This time we reacted before the investigation. May was quite happy to kick Grenfell into the long grass but she goes two footed on foreign policy with barely a second thought.
...almost as if it suits the status quo to demonise the Russians further. Whether the accusations are correct and justified or not, the whole deal is highly compromised by the speed that they came to these conclusions. It will be interesting to see what the OPCW says in the end but one certainty is that they won't be able to determine the source of the toxins any more than Porton Down can.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit