General Election December 12th

Political Debate
swampash
Legend

6 months ago

Sid wrote:
6 months ago
Some reading for those who're arsed

This explains brilliantly how labour became so toxic during the neoliberal Blair days

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... vern-votes

Another great read from the same journo explaining why some working class people voted leave

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ion-brexit

And this is explains the tories super effective Trump esque online campaign tactics

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... retweeting
Good articles Sid - thanks for posting them. Chakrabortty's two are especially interesting; I'll have to read more of his stuff.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

Now brexit's over you lot can stop voting for useless centrist twats and get with the programme
marlon
Legend

6 months ago

Labour's vote share decreased every election from 1997-2010 then increased in both 2015 and 2017. 2019 was higher than 2015 and 2010. It's not really her point, but why start with a lie
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

marlon wrote:
6 months ago
Labour's vote share decreased every election from 1997-2010 then increased in both 2015 and 2017. 2019 was higher than 2015 and 2010. It's not really her point, but why start with a lie
That's your only takeaway from that? Not the point about the climate crisis, the death of the neoliberal consenus, poverty etc?

If I was a lib dem I'd feel called out by that too tbf
swampash
Legend

6 months ago

What’s “the programme” I need to get with Sid?
Is it like what they’re doing to the Uighurs in China?
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

swampash wrote:
6 months ago
What’s “the programme” I need to get with Sid?
Is it like what they’re doing to the Uighurs in China?
lol what?

The programme being dire poverty, decimated services, no NHS, and the fact people are buying mortgages on houses that are going to be under water before they're paid off

Show me a centrist government that has a suitable plan to tackle all that
marlon
Legend

6 months ago

Sid wrote:
6 months ago
marlon wrote:
6 months ago
That's your only takeaway from that? Not the point about the climate crisis, the death of the neoliberal consenus, poverty etc?

it wasn't that interesting? how are the centrists supposed to take back labour anyway? or are you going to say the membership will do whatever centrist cokeheads tell them to do again
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

marlon wrote:
6 months ago
Sid wrote:
6 months ago
marlon wrote:
6 months ago

it wasn't that interesting? how are the centrists supposed to take back labour anyway? or are you going to say the membership will do whatever centrist cokeheads tell them to do again
How in the good fuck are those urgent dire fucking issues not that interesting??

What is interesting to a liberal then, just brexit? 5p plastic bags?

If one of your centrist careerist cokeheads take over again the membership will fall like it did under Blair as people leave, as will belief in unions if they back another neolib
swampash
Legend

6 months ago

Are you with momentum Sid?
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

swampash wrote:
6 months ago
Are you with momentum Sid?
No

What did you mean about the muslims in china comment?