Coronavirus

Political Debate
FuB
Legend

1 month ago

two months?

i'd have hoped they'd have got hold of cctv showing the cunt stopping somewhere and interacting with (infecting) other people by now if they were going to wait that long.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

FuB wrote:
1 month ago
swampash wrote:
1 month ago
Cummings must surely be toast?
My guess is they will try to bluff it up until the next PMQs, which are not due until 03/06/20 I think.
you'd hope so but fuck me are they rallying around to show how him breaking fundamental rules that he himself must have been a part of devising wasn't really him breaking the rules

the thing is, though... this was weeks ago. why now to break the story? what's being buried by this?
It's my understanding it came out cos of an insider leak. It could be cos Cummings is hated, particularly so inside his own party. He's a cunt's cunt. Like Alastair Campbell but worse. He's pissed off a lot of people, including many in the media who he regularly bullies, blackmails and manipulates, who make no secret of the fear he commands - and now it's come back to bite him.

You can see the character of the man by his speech - "I have no regrets", and didn't apologise. He won't even pretend to be sorry, even though it would put the fire out and probably guarantee his job, cos he sees it as weakness.

I particularly liked the question asked of Johnson later (think from the Times hack?) which basically you didn't sack him because you can't run the government without him aka he's basically in charge.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

swampash
Legend

1 month ago

Johnsons' performance at the press conference was awful. My guess is that Hancock will be fielded for today's press briefing to try and bring attention back to controlling the outbreak. Cannot see it working though, as the questions will again focus on Cummings.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

He doesn't seem bothered by the fuss or inclined to resign. It's like the Trump White House, the old rules of politics don't apply. There's no concept of resigning as a point of principle. You can do or say what you want, apparently. The fact that they made the scientist Ferguson resign makes the hypocrisy even more flagrant.