Scottish Independence

Political Debate
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

Just wondering if anyone cares even less about this, than me?

Aside from the fact that I want Salmond to fall on his arse... horrible cunt...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Spudiator
Star Man

4 years ago

I'm in two minds really, from a political perspective I couldn't really give a fuck, politics bore me to tears anyway. I am kind of curious to see what will happen to Scotland from a social and financial standpoint though if they do get the "yes" vote. For all this talk of them thinking they're entitled to keep the pound even if they break away, I would laugh if they then couldn't, because there's no certainty they'd be accepted into the Euro either.
Lazarus
Legend

4 years ago

Watching Alistair Darling scare No voters away and encourage Yes voters is fascinating he's a fucking gleep. This only really gets interesting now. What happens the mighty Union Jack? Politicians are arseholes and people are sick of it and that may swing it in the Yes direction.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
sheesh

4 years ago

Although I'm not arsed either way about the vote, I never would have thought that full-blown independence was a realistic possibility.

It seems to me that Labour have the most to lose if the Scots vote for independence, as they derive a substantial proportion of votes from them. Outside of Scotland, the Tories are haemorrhaging support to UKIP.

Both parties seriously need to get their act together before the next election.

Edit - I would like to point out that I have no affiliation to any party and am right bang in the middle on the political spectrum (Sid :) ).
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

I think it's fucking hilarious. I'm having a great time trolling British people. I fucking love it. You'll not see the state in such a panic again. The monarchy are hugely pissed off, Liz will have slapped Cameron about silly. She's put them in charge of keeping her empire together, and they've failed. The Daily Mail are in hysterics, aggressively lashing out all over the place. PMQs cancelled as 3 of the most unpopular leaders of all time travel north in a desperate bid to save the union. Even David fucking Moyes has been wheeled out to convince proles who like football that we're better together.

But tell me, how the fuck are they better together when Westminster, London, has shit on Scotland like it has the north. It's cut their hospitals, schools, libraries, put loads out of work. In one fucking place in Glasgow the average life expectancy is 53/4 years old - that's less than Fallujah. You don't see these cuts happening Oxford, Cambridge, the home counties, the rich boroughs in London. Poverty illnesses not seen since Tudor times are on the rise again: gout, rickets and malnutrition. That's true of all the working class and poor in the UK, and it's as a direct result of government cuts http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 02394.html

Scotland is generally left wing and theyr'e terrified of another Tory government - of more cuts, more unemployment, more suffering. Duncan Smith, Johnson, Cameron are political monsters who scare people. They're violent. And this is what's making the "undecided" working class think they're better off alone.

Thing is, independence won't bring the working class what they desire; freedom, jobs, a better life, healthcare, security etc. A new ruling class will emerge (Murdoch has already said "everything is up for grabs") and not a lot will change for them. Trickle down economics, neoliberalism, is a total bag of shite.

But still, they're better off alone than being "subject" to another country that shits on them. All these patriotic English pricks wouldn't tolerate being subject to Scotland, and ruled by Edinburgh, under the banner of a Scottish royal family. And that's one of the most hilarious contradictions of this whole thing.
sheesh

4 years ago

What I don't get is that the polls initially seemed to indicate that there was little chance of the Scots voting for independence, but now it seems to be a realistic possibility.

This time last year reputable US pollster Nate Silver considered that there was little chance of the yes vote succeeding: http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... referendum

Did the TV debates change opinions that much? Was the 'no' campaign complacent?
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

Sid wrote:
Thing is, independence won't bring the working class what they desire; freedom, jobs, a better life, healthcare, security etc. A new ruling class will emerge (Murdoch has already said "everything is up for grabs") and not a lot will change for them. Trickle down economics, neoliberalism, is a total bag of shite.
That's it right there... all this patriotic separatist crap from Salmond... it's money that's driving this whole thing... in the shadows, greedy swine are waiting to get their hands on Scottish potential without any interference from London...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Red legend
Star Man

4 years ago

Cameron is everything the scots detest about the ruling british classes. salmond must have thanked his lucky stars hes head of the Tory's during the vote .

Personally , I think the scots , long term will get fucked over regardless of what they decide .

Vote yes, just to fuck the queen and the other royal leeches off.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

The yes vote will win, and I couldn't care less... except that it will irritate me no end to see Salmond so smug, and proud of himself...
Spudiator
Star Man

4 years ago

For all the Scots out there who think this is gonna be a good move for them if it goes ahead, I'd suggest they should probably be careful what they wish for, because I reckon they're gonna be financially fucked if they go break away from the UK.