Alf to Sid...

Political Debate
Lazarus
Legend

1 month ago

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... it-meeting

I wonder how well the Leave voters will deal with this dirt, they'll probably join the Trump apologists and bend over backwards to normalise this right wing power grab bollocks. It must feel great to be sooooo right about voting Leave.....
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

Who voted for and against brexit? I can't remember off hand
Robbo
Legend

1 month ago

Sid wrote:
1 month ago
I didn't even get a vote the bastards regardless of where I live I am still a British citizen and as such should have a vote.
-----------------------------------------------------
Robbo
Legend

1 month ago

Lazarus wrote:
1 month ago

I wonder how well the Leave voters will deal with this dirt, they'll probably join the Trump apologists and bend over backwards to normalise this right wing power grab bollocks. It must feel great to be sooooo right about voting Leave.....
Lets be honest Brexit has been a clusterfuck from day one and the showers of shite on both sides dont have a clue, even better its getting closer and closer and I dont have a clue how it will affect me as a British citizen living and working in Germany.
Lazarus
Legend

1 month ago

Robbo wrote:
1 month ago
Lazarus wrote:
1 month ago

Lets be honest Brexit has been a clusterfuck from day one and the showers of shite on both sides dont have a clue, even better its getting closer and closer and I dont have a clue how it will affect me as a British citizen living and working in Germany.
I live on the border on the southern side and and we work and pay tax in the North and we have no clue wtf to do...... Which is exactly what I said would happen. I called the border being the big issue on here way before the government or press worked it out. It is an utter clusterfuck...... The irony for over here is that it's put a united Ireland on the agenda way better than the IRA ever managed and it's been a Tory creation. Where's the pig fucker these days?
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X
Lazarus
Legend

1 month ago

Sid wrote:
1 month ago
I think most 'for' have moved on if you mean on here.....?
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X
swampash
Legend

3 weeks ago

I voted remain.
Living in Germany I have a serious voting issue coming up. In 2020 I will have been living here for 15 years, at which point I lose the right to vote in UK general elections. Being British, rather than German, I am not allowed to vote in German national elections. Thus in 2020, despite paying taxes in both the UK and Germany, I will be disenfranchised.
Welcome to selfdom...
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Robbo
Legend

3 weeks ago

swampash wrote:
3 weeks ago
I voted remain.
Living in Germany I have a serious voting issue coming up. In 2020 I will have been living here for 15 years, at which point I lose the right to vote in UK general elections. Being British, rather than German, I am not allowed to vote in German national elections. Thus in 2020, despite paying taxes in both the UK and Germany, I will be disenfranchised.
Welcome to selfdom...
Been in Germany as a civvie since 91 and got no vote for Brexit etc. nor as you say can I vote in Germany. In all honesty its a cheek that after 15 years we lose the right to vote as we are still British citizens.
swampash
Legend

2 weeks ago

'Votes for Life' was in the previous Tory Party manifesto, but seems to have been dropped following last year's election and the resulting Brexit mess.
I'm going to start writing to my notional MP and the Home Office to seek guidance on what they plan to do and what recourse I have. It did even cross my mind that 'taxation without representation' could be an interesting topic for the European Court...
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Lazarus
Legend

1 week ago

So the world waits with baited breath on the kids trapped in the caves getting out........ While other kids all over the world are murdered, raped, starved, worked too death, traded, beaten, poisoned, bombed, drowned, stabbed, mutilated, hunted, orphaned, driven from their homes, starved, neglected, sexually abused, prostituted, abducted, washed up on beaches, dead........
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X