The Election

Political Debate
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Sid wrote:Yeah Red, nice to hear from you again

Me and Alf are currently recruiting for decent Tory hating individual to carry the fight against the Tory sympathisers and pig fucker justifiers

Uniform will be provided but you'll have to fill out your tax forms etc.

You can fill them online n all these days
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

Sid wrote:I don't know, Alf. The CND is a small issue to most people. The priority is always jobs, education, economy. Cameron has his little fucking personal crusades too, like the fox hunting ban which makes him appear really right wing and evil, like the CND shit makes Corbyn appear really left wing and studenty. The idea that Corbyn is persuing some personal agenda is more than likely Tory spin.

The theory is this: a lot of working class people will go back to Labour if they stick to a left wing principles and possibly tie it in with some patriotic nonsense. They'll bring back the left wingers from the Lib Dems who are finished and have shitloads of voters looking for a new home, and the SNP who despite being the Scottish Tories have convinced Scotland which is massively left wing and working class that Sturgeon is a hero. Then there's the proles in UKIP who got about 6 million votes at the last election, and the BNP before them. Labour lost out by just over 2 million votes in the last election, so they probably need around 2 million from this lot, which I can see happening tbf.

And if it doesn't happen then it's a sign that party politics is a bag of shite. It's admitting that you have to be Tory Lite to win an election. And if that's the case then Corbyn might as well step down now and join real struggle outside of politics to bring about change. Like those knobs in Syriza - should have jacked it in.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34625487

Labour is fucked as any kind of opposition to the Tories... Cameron and Osborne will have a free hand for years... the lower classes in this country are in real trouble now!
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

Labour shouldn't miss a barrister and master of Clare College Cambridge

If that lot want to fuck off and die it's fine by me
Steggo
Legend

3 years ago

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/11 ... lsignoutmd

More names to add to the list come the revolution.
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

Scum

The bloke who made his money in Next wants you and your family to have less money, to live in poverty

Sebastian fucking Coe n all
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34732282

This is exactly what I was afraid of,,, it was one thing when Labour was just a joke, for the Tories to take the piss out of... at least Millipede tried to put Cameron on the back foot once in a while... so when the Tories were being cunts, Labour would at least try and make them answer for it... Corbyn is just so concerned with making parliament child friendly that the Tories are getting a free ride... this is the worst thing to happen to this country since Thatcher... the Tories can literally do whatever they want...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Steggo
Legend

3 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:... the lower classes in this country are in real trouble now!

And yet the Mori figures for the 2015 election show that 27% in the D/E social demographic that voted,voted for the Tories.Without going too deeply into the statistics that group showed the second highest swing from Labour to Tory (2.5%) (C2 being the highest with 4%). How that transfers into votes I don't know but it shows that a significant number of the 'lower classes' contribute,for whatever reason, to there being a reactionary Tory government in power.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

Steggo wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:... the lower classes in this country are in real trouble now!

And yet the Mori figures for the 2015 election show that 27% in the D/E social demographic that voted,voted for the Tories.Without going too deeply into the statistics that group showed the second highest swing from Labour to Tory (2.5%) (C2 being the highest with 4%). How that transfers into votes I don't know but it shows that a significant number of the 'lower classes' contribute,for whatever reason, to there being a reactionary Tory government in power.
What I believe that showed is that people believed the Tory spin, that marketing strategy, of repeating a point over and over... "economic chaos" under Labour... they hammered that into the collective consciousness for months, and Labour under the dynamic leadership of Millipede couldn't shake it off... by the time the debates came around, Cameron didn't need to "win", or even convince anyone... just not say anything stupid...

The Tories had the money, and the press... they hired the best campaign strategists, and blew the rest out of the water...
Lazarus
Legend

3 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Steggo wrote:

What I believe that showed is that people believed the Tory spin, that marketing strategy, of repeating a point over and over... "economic chaos" under Labour... they hammered that into the collective consciousness for months, and Labour under the dynamic leadership of Millipede couldn't shake it off... by the time the debates came around, Cameron didn't need to "win", or even convince anyone... just not say anything stupid...

The Tories had the money, and the press... they hired the best campaign strategists, and blew the rest out of the water...

There's also an aspirational working class that don't want to be seen as working class. They're well paid IT, accountant, solicitor, teacher, manager jobs may have gone but they still have they're pride and social circle and things are going to get better. It's just that they now fit into a much lower pay bracket, they don't have the holidays or two cars or meals out anymore but they still buy into the bullshit.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

Aye, spot on Laz.They're show offs, giving it loads about how they bought one item from John Lewis, generally insecure, and concerned with how they appear to others. We live in an aspirational society were you're told to better yourself by breaking out of your social class - even though it is virtually impossible. I came across someone recently who was giving it loads about how they know people in Kensington, and I just absolutely do not give two fucks. That stuff holds zero traction wth me.