David Cameron had sex with a dead pigs head

Political Debate
User avatar
redzebs
Legend
Posts: 11409
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

swampash wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
redzebs wrote:Haha, Id rather be a working class hero than a well paid left wing cunt.

I am not suggesting thats what you are in anyway shape or fashion, I respect and admire you (and Laz) but Sid does take the complete piss sometimes, look at the fuckin name of this thread, would a left wing politician even get this attention? No? Load of hypocritical wank then.

I'm sorry I got dragged into this shite load of wank by purists who think they know what class or secterianism is. England's a gift, love it, planning on moving when we can afford it, get over yourselves, plenty of hard luck stories to do me a lifetime. Be grateful.
See, there you go again... "be grateful"... for what? That I've got a house and a car, and 3 squares??? Is that the limit of what I'm allowed to complain about?

How about, I can't walk down the fuckin street without being on fuckin camera... I can't make a phone call, and KNOW, that it's private... I can't turn on the pissing telly and not be bombarded with shite, all aimed at my daughter, to buy the latest piece of shit fuckin crap, and the closer it gets to Christmas, the more fuckin aggressive it gets... how about my government telling me that times are tough, and I've got to suck it up because they have to deal with a financial crisis created by the banks and the rich, while the banks and the rich, carry on with the same fuckin practices that created this mess in the first place... and by the way, "we also need a £100bill to pay for 4 fuckin submarines"... and I can't trust most of the news, because it's been shown to be politically biassed... and it turns out that there's a fuckin deep level conspiracy going back decades, involving senior political figures, and government heads, and the police and justice officials, covering up a massive, almost industrial scale, child abuse horror!

What do you say Zebs... am I allowed to complain about these things??? Or am I just a spoilt cunt?
I've got a view on this zebs, but it's really addressed to you, so I'll defer for now...
Please don't. Please don't tell me that is, not please don't defer
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 4309
Joined: 5 years ago

4 years ago

redzebs wrote:
swampash wrote: I've got a view on this zebs, but it's really addressed to you, so I'll defer for now...
Please don't. Please don't tell me that is, not please don't defer
Okay.
Alf actually makes some valid points (and I'm not particularly trying to have a go at him); I just get fucked off by people who whinge on about how terrible things are when they are often complicit in the very problem they complain about, or fail to do the obvious thing.
Simple example: if TV is shit, turn the fucker off.
My bigger concern, though, is the growth of what I would call narcissistic individualism. Again, a simple example: two days ago I was within a whisker of a head-on collision with someone who was driving the wrong way up a one-way street. When asked what she thought she was doing, the mid-20s female driver's justification (and that of her 2 passengers) was that it was where her parking space was and that she was only driving 100 meters the wrong way, so what was the problem? The whole tone of the conversation was that I was somehow infringing her individual rights by suggesting she should conform to the convention that you shouldn’t be driving the wrong way up a one-way street. Her individual right to kill someone was more important than the collective right to safety.
I honestly fear there’s a huge and horrible awakening down the track for a generation that are obsessed with themselves and their trivial hologram, Facebook, world and that they are going to be the very architects of that horrible awakening. The only hope, imho, is a greater sense of collective responsibility amongst those who care about where society is heading, which is why I get frustrated with people who moan about how terrible it all is but can’t be arsed to vote. Simple example again: if you want to see the back Trident you should, logically, vote labour at the next general election rather than claiming voting doesn’t change anything. But we've been here before, and most of you don't seem to agree with me. So fuck it, let them carry on amusing themselves to death.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 23039
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

Steggo wrote:
Sid wrote:I only know a rough history of the civil war with the odd detail here & there because I taught myself when looking through England's radical history. I read the Putney Debates but that was ages ago when I was at uni but I might go over them today seeing as I've fuck all to do at the minute. Also I learned a bit from local history as my hometown of Hull played an important role in the Civil War (the Siege of Hull) as we refused the king entry to the city, which caused a bit of a kerfuffle. You can't not get excited at the image of Thomas Rainsborough sailing down the humber on a warship intended for royalists proclaiming "peace and anarchy".

Was just reading about the 1848 Treason Felony Act that you mentioned. It's the kind of thing people will say is harmless and outdated now. But there's a reason it's still in existence as it basically protects the Queen against any attempt at being overthrown. And you just know they'll pull that act out of their arse to shut down a bunch of peaceful anti monarchy protesters. However it's interesting how even back then they couldn't get juries to convict people of it.
Sid,that's the great thing about English history-you can find it everywhere and can be very,very localised. You would think that places like Hull,Hartlepool,even Newcastle have no history but the North is steeped in it.As regards to Rainsborough you might be interested in this-http://www.mikeprior.net/pdf/rainsborough.pdf. English radical history is fascinating although my own area of expertise is Late English Anglo-Saxon. As i used to live quite near the site of the Battle of Naseby (and Bosworth Field) I became enthralled by the English Civil Wars and up to the age of about 11 quite fancied myself as a romantic 'Cavalier' riding around Leicestershire in a floppy feathered hat (plus other clothes) and rescuing people from the nasty 'Roundheads'. However I then came into contact with a history teacher who was slightly left of centre and my perceptions were changed forever!John Lilburne then became my hero.

Very interesting about the 'Treason Felony Act'. I didn't know about the Guardian challenge. As far as I'm concerned if an Act has no relevance to modern thinking it should be repealed. There can only be one reason they are not and that is there may be a future need for them.You only have to look at the ancient law Thatcher used to restrict the movement of flying pickets during the miners strike to realise that if an Act is on the Statutes Book it can be used no matter how long it has been on there.
That link is class. Some of the stuff gets the hairs standing on the back of your neck. The rebellious nature of Hull gets me going, although like the link says, it was merchants who inspired the refusal of the king thanks to high taxes.

When it talks about the largest arsenal of munitions assembled - that was reportedly stored in the cellar of The Olde White Harte pub where I used to drink. There is a secret room called the Plotting Parlour were Cromwell and other key figures were rumoured to have plotted against the king. If you're ever up this way have a pint in there because it's lovely and steeped in history (like the skull behind the bar). Also the tomb (not body) of John Hotham is close by in a little town called South Dalton, which is lovely place to visit anyway.

Do you know of any decent dramas about the Civil War? It seems to be underrepresented to me. The Putney Debates would make great TV.
User avatar
Lazarus
Legend
Posts: 15427
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

So that's it Swampy? That's all? You stepped up in peoples faces and that's the extent of your argument? A personal anecdote, some nonsense about voting Labour to get rid of Trident, another go a blaming Facebook and the riff raft who use it and another reference to the one book it seems you've read.....

Regarding all these things Sid and Alf have owned you (apart from the one way street thing, which kind of describes your attitude) every time. And don't get me wrong they both have their moments and i've had my share of rows with Sid (and no doubt will again) but at least they make their point well and in a knowledgeable way and they don't run from the fight, unlike an increasing number of posters on here.

You have hinted in a few of your posts at quite extreme approaches to people who don't help themselves and suggested a few likely recipients of your scorn. But every time you duck out of elaborating any further. It's time to put up or shut up and answer many of the questions you continually duck.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Steggo
Legend
Posts: 1732
Joined: 5 years ago

4 years ago

Sid wrote:Do you know of any decent dramas about the Civil War? It seems to be underrepresented to me. The Putney Debates would make great TV.
'Winstanley' is a very good film about the 'Diggers'. It's available on DVD. Some background before you decide.http://www.theguardian.com/film/2008/oc ... rade-jacob and http://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/de ... ious-group.

You are right,it is really a period of history that is ignored by the arts. Have you watched 'A Field In England'? http://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/ju ... review.The most popular are the stories like 'The Children of The New Forest', 'By The Sword Divided','The Witchfinder General' 'Cromwell' etc but all are rather weak on detail and plot.

Hull has many interesting connections to history and 'The Plotting Room' is vastly important but hardly anyone knows about it.Still,it can go on the same list as 'The Land of Green Ginger'!

You might like to try a book called 'The World Turned Upside Down-Radical Ideas During The English Revolution'' by Christopher Hill. His idea of a 'bourgeois revolution' can be argued against because of the sources he uses but it is still a great read. Also try E P Thompsons 'The Making of the English Working Class'.
Last edited by Steggo on Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steggo
Legend
Posts: 1732
Joined: 5 years ago

4 years ago

[quote="swampash"My bigger concern, though, is the growth of what I would call narcissistic individualism.[/quote]

I think a very good and valid point is made here and Swampy used a very personal anecdote to illustrate it. Basically we are living in a country where individual rights are sacrosanct. Everybody has a 'right' to do as they please. This is dangerous because it breaks down community and social stability,destroys morality and leads to a society that is all about 'rights' without responsibility (as the anecdote labours to point out).Society,to function fairly and properly,must combine individual rights within a framework of collective responsibility. The 'I AM' society is well and truly with us and only 27 years after Thatcher famously said there was no such thing as society. Dangerous times lay ahead.
User avatar
Lazarus
Legend
Posts: 15427
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

Same as it ever was.

But if you believe something needs to be done about it i suggest we start with Bankers, Politicians, Corporations, etc. Then we can start on corruption in the NHS, Police, local councils, Planning, Charities, Press, etc. Then i'd be happier making narcissistic individuals accountable, the only thing is there'd be more money about cause Taxs would be paid and the skimming the cream would be stopped. Less reason to worry about the narcissists (otherwise previously referred to as the smokers, fatties, Facebookers. The poor! You know the people who need the NHS and Police).
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13446
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

swampash wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
swampash wrote:Where's Alfwe'veallgotricketscostheymadeuseatthisshite? Must be time for him to wade in with a tory boy jibe, surely?
Maybe he's consulting his script writer about the new routine...
No, fuckwit!

I was taking my daughter to her after school club... so wind your fuckin neck in...

You know what... I'm genuinely sick of you pal... I haven't been this pissed off at some cunt on here, since Dannii the fuckhead had a go at my family... you're a clueless cunt... a smarmy gobshite, with a vocabulary nearly as big as your ignorance...

Enjoy yourself... I'm done... and Zebs... you disappoint me mate... I had more respect for you, but you're just as bad as this knob!
:ymapplause: hope you feel better for getting that off your chest Alf. Love you too, mate.
Right... first of all, I want to apologise... I wigged out a bit there... no need for that shit at all...

You set me off, with that nonsense about smoking and eating shit and deserving what happens... I've lost good people in my life to booze and drugs, and probably fags and junk food as well, as have most people, no doubt... and I've heard that argument about it being their fault before... I don't like it... no one chooses to be a junkie, or an alcoholic... people don't choose to be addicted to smokes and they don't intend on ending up 30 stone... fact is we live in a world where big money is made exploiting the vices and addictive natures of some people...

Anyway... that's no excuse for all those insults... thing is, this feud I'm in with Dannii has got me thinking... it's not even an argument anymore, it's just ridiculous... it's become a competition to see who's the bigger arsehole, and it's not a game I want to win!
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
User avatar
redzebs
Legend
Posts: 11409
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
swampash wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
swampash wrote:Where's Alfwe'veallgotricketscostheymadeuseatthisshite? Must be time for him to wade in with a tory boy jibe, surely?
Maybe he's consulting his script writer about the new routine...
No, fuckwit!

I was taking my daughter to her after school club... so wind your fuckin neck in...

You know what... I'm genuinely sick of you pal... I haven't been this pissed off at some cunt on here, since Dannii the fuckhead had a go at my family... you're a clueless cunt... a smarmy gobshite, with a vocabulary nearly as big as your ignorance...

Enjoy yourself... I'm done... and Zebs... you disappoint me mate... I had more respect for you, but you're just as bad as this knob!
:ymapplause: hope you feel better for getting that off your chest Alf. Love you too, mate.
Right... first of all, I want to apologise... I wigged out a bit there... no need for that shit at all...

You set me off, with that nonsense about smoking and eating shit and deserving what happens... I've lost good people in my life to booze and drugs, and probably fags and junk food as well, as have most people, no doubt... and I've heard that argument about it being their fault before... I don't like it... no one chooses to be a junkie, or an alcoholic... people don't choose to be addicted to smokes and they don't intend on ending up 30 stone... fact is we live in a world where big money is made exploiting the vices and addictive natures of some people...

Anyway... that's no excuse for all those insults... thing is, this feud I'm in with Dannii has got me thinking... it's not even an argument anymore, it's just ridiculous... it's become a competition to see who's the bigger arsehole, and it's not a game I want to win!

Can you not use your mod powers to get his email and I'll sign the cunt up for so much spam he won't have time to post.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13446
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

I don't have any powers... Dannii likes to make out like I do, but the only "modding" I do is approve new members and weed out the spam...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Post Reply