Brexit

Political Debate
Robbo
Legend

4 weeks ago

I´m now at the stage they should leave with no deal and that the EU should if needed stop flights from/into the UK, Ferries etc. etc. if I have to jump through hoops to stay in Germany so be it never have I seen so an incompetent bunch of politicians than this bunch be it Tory or Labour. Whilst I still feel that as a British citizen regardless of where I live I should have had a vote in the referendum , I dont see the point of a second referendum because more than likely "Remain" will win then the leavers will want another referendum and so forth only plus of that would be being stuck in the EU due to Britain ping ponging from one referendum to another.

Great Britain pull the other one even Little Britain is to much.
-----------------------------------------------------
Sid
Legend

3 weeks ago

I don't understand the petition. What's it on about?
Sid
Legend

3 weeks ago

6 months til we leave and it's starting to kick off. EU countries have dismissed May's chequers plan in seconds, and then spent all week taking the piss out of it. Now she's fighting back saying "Throughout this process I have treated the EU with nothing but respect. The UK expects the same."

I'll be honest I haven't paid too much attention to the negotiation shite until now, because it's all manuvering and bollocks. But now it's getting nearer I'm going to start paying attention. Int looking too good at the minute. If the EU get what they want it could tear the tories apart, which would force an election.

What do you lot think?
Lazarus
Legend

3 weeks ago

What i think is the Tories are about to fuck over NI and the Irish border. And for what? When people are being blown up over there in years to come I hope it's remembered that in the years since the Peace process none of us over here were remotely interested in this shit happening again or harming anyone in London or elsewhere in England.

As for Brexit itself, none of them have a fucking clue what is going on which if you look back at the start of this thread is exactly what most of us said would happen. The Pro Brexiters have all fucked off..... typical. Just like the pig fucker.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
sheesh
Legend

3 weeks ago

British politics is so fucked that we're basically relying on the EU to save our arses from the shitstorm that is heading our way. Emmanuel Macron is a better representative of our interests than most of the dickheads in Parliament.

I am particularly angry at Labour. We need an opposition to stand up to this government. On the biggest issue facing this country, Corbyn is absolutely fucking nowhere. This is on his Twitter page today:

I mean, fuck me. It's taking the unions to nudge him towards a second referendum (although he's still not committed). Show some leadership or fuck off. Look at the state of the Tories, who are a toxic mix of dangerously thick (Nadine Dorries) and evil (JRM), and you can't even resemble an opposition.

I don't want an election. This past two years has shown us that this current class of politicians isn't fit to run a bath.
Robbo
Legend

3 weeks ago

Sid wrote:
3 weeks ago
It is that after Brexit Sid the likes of me, Swampash or others can retain EU Citizenship
Robbo
Legend

3 weeks ago

sheesh wrote:
3 weeks ago
British politics is so fucked that we're basically relying on the EU to save our arses from the shitstorm that is heading our way. Emmanuel Macron is a better representative of our interests than most of the dickheads in Parliament.

I am particularly angry at Labour. We need an opposition to stand up to this government. On the biggest issue facing this country, Corbyn is absolutely fucking nowhere. This is on his Twitter page today:

I mean, fuck me. It's taking the unions to nudge him towards a second referendum (although he's still not committed). Show some leadership or fuck off. Look at the state of the Tories, who are a toxic mix of dangerously thick (Nadine Dorries) and evil (JRM), and you can't even resemble an opposition.

I don't want an election. This past two years has shown us that this current class of politicians isn't fit to run a bath.
Totally agree Sheesh that the politicians of today are not fit for the job that they are supposed to be doing and that they with their posturing regarding Brexit is going to disrupt untold peoples lives both in the UK and Europe, alone the horror stories you read about the home office refusing to give people who have lived in the UK for decades or are married to UK nationals makes you wonder what successive Governments have been doing.

Going back to a post you made then deleted after my second previous post after I said that I am slowly past caring and you said but the youth of today I totally agree with your sentiments and hopefully at some point the youth will rise and say that enough is enough but as long as the House of Commons is filled with these Oxbridge fools and idiots I wont hold my breath.

And as for Comrade Corbyn that man is as odious as Theresa May is and being honest I would not want him to lead Britain as much as I would not want the likes of Rees Mogg or that cretin Johnson.

Regarding Brexit I cant even have a decent conversation over it with my parents who were born in the thirties and forties as all you get is we never wanted in, didn't vote lets get out and as always the "I" word Immigration always pops up and even when I say that immigration is a problem in other countries as well I dont get through despite these waves of migrants be it from war or those who see dollar signs are coming generally due to problems caused by the major powers.

A second referendum I dont know but if there would be one then you would have to say a certain percentage wins no going back as the last one was to close to call.

All in all the land of my birth is well fucked and there are no signs that things will improve.
sheesh
Legend

3 weeks ago

The thing is, Robbo, I'm sure a lot of people will have voted Leave without knowing what that actually entailed. 17m people won't have voted for the exact same type of Brexit. Some people will have voted for us to stay in the Single Market and Customs Union (but stay outside of the political union), other people will have wanted a clean break. The beauty (if you can call it that) of the Leave campaign is that it attempted to be all things to all people. Leave campaigners have gone on record with lies about the NHS, immigration, staying in the SM/CU, etc. Unfortunately, not enough people saw through all that.

Why should any politician respect the outcome of a referendum that was very narrowly decided in one side's favour, off the basis of lies and cheating? Why should any politician respect the outcome, where the result will leave most people worse off financially, and potentially destroy the UK as an entity? Only a coward would think we should respect the outcome; it's nonsense like that, which really winds me up. Some people will say "that's democracy", but democracy doesn't sit in a vacuum. That's the beauty of it. If democracy ceases to be fluid, it isn't democracy. Our negotiating strategy has been to negotiate off unrealisable fantasies. Now that we can see where all things are headed, we NEED a second referendum (not a general election) to stop Brexit.

I think the media have done a pretty piss-poor job of exposing the failings of Brexit, and the lies we were all told during the referendum, all in the name of balance. The likes of the BBC spend more time focusing on Westminster politics than actually addressing the realities of what Brexit will mean, and holding Brexit supporters to account for their bullshit.

I feel so sorry for the Scots and the Northern Irish, as well as UK citizens in EU/EU citizens in the UK. Who stands up for them?
Sid
Legend

3 weeks ago

Robbo wrote:
3 weeks ago
Sid wrote:
3 weeks ago
It is that after Brexit Sid the likes of me, Swampash or others can retain EU Citizenship
Ah okay, I'll sign it then
Robbo
Legend

3 weeks ago

sheesh wrote:
3 weeks ago
The thing is, Robbo, I'm sure a lot of people will have voted Leave without knowing what that actually entailed. 17m people won't have voted for the exact same type of Brexit. Some people will have voted for us to stay in the Single Market and Customs Union (but stay outside of the political union), other people will have wanted a clean break. The beauty (if you can call it that) of the Leave campaign is that it attempted to be all things to all people. Leave campaigners have gone on record with lies about the NHS, immigration, staying in the SM/CU, etc. Unfortunately, not enough people saw through all that.

Why should any politician respect the outcome of a referendum that was very narrowly decided in one side's favour, off the basis of lies and cheating? Why should any politician respect the outcome, where the result will leave most people worse off financially, and potentially destroy the UK as an entity? Only a coward would think we should respect the outcome; it's nonsense like that, which really winds me up. Some people will say "that's democracy", but democracy doesn't sit in a vacuum. That's the beauty of it. If democracy ceases to be fluid, it isn't democracy. Our negotiating strategy has been to negotiate off unrealisable fantasies. Now that we can see where all things are headed, we NEED a second referendum (not a general election) to stop Brexit.

I think the media have done a pretty piss-poor job of exposing the failings of Brexit, and the lies we were all told during the referendum, all in the name of balance. The likes of the BBC spend more time focusing on Westminster politics than actually addressing the realities of what Brexit will mean, and holding Brexit supporters to account for their bullshit.

I feel so sorry for the Scots and the Northern Irish, as well as UK citizens in EU/EU citizens in the UK. Who stands up for them?
Good points Sheesh mate and regarding your last point from the UK regarding people like me nobody at all possibly the EU will do more for EU Citizens but at the end of the day both are pawns in this disgusting game of one-up-man-ship. With regards to a second referendum according to May no way but how can the people make it be known that they want another referendum, going to their MP will bring nothing as these people are in the main interested in two things making money and getting a seat on aboard somewhere. The most interesting thing will be what happens with Northern Ireland and the worries many now have, the likes of Laz can probably add more regarding that than I can.

These days the North against South divide gets bigger by the day these glorified Oxbridge cretins think that they know best and not one of these has ever had to turn a pound five different ways to pay the bills and put food on the table, we really are in dire need of a new generation of politicians that can actually see the whole picture and do something for the good of the people and not the few.