Brexit

Political Debate
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

Give it up, Sid. FFS. If you can just accept that you and Corbyn have been force fed a lot of exaggerated shite about the EU, you'll be able to see where the real bad guys are. The EU's not perfect, but it's what we'll make of it.

As long as you keep clinging to this "exterminate the middle class, the EU is the same as Trump" shite, you're just easing the way by Bojo, Farage, and Le Pen to take over the whole place.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

The EU will only force us to open up the NHS to competitive tender on contracts over 750k - quite reasonable eh?

https://www.nhsconfed.org/regions-and-e ... rocurement

That's the actual NHS & EU saying that, not Corbyn, not the well known brexiter and fascist Tony Benn, not the "looney left"
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

bman2 wrote:
1 month ago
Give it up, Sid. FFS. If you can just accept that you and Corbyn have been force fed a lot of exaggerated shite about the EU, you'll be able to see where the real bad guys are. The EU's not perfect, but it's what we'll make of it.

As long as you keep clinging to this "exterminate the middle class, the EU is the same as Trump" shite, you're just easing the way by Bojo, Farage, and Le Pen to take over the whole place.
This thread is basically

You: the EU is beautiful and magnificent

Me: hang on these well researched academic articles I've found suggest it int

EU: yeah it's true we're awful we tried to privatise the entire continent via TTIP, attacked workers right, constitutionalised austerity, privatised genodicde in the med, agreed to sell your NHS to the yanks...

NHS: yeah ithey tried to privatise us and again on contracts over 750k

You: err lies! It's all a left wing fantasy!
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

OK then, I tried. Enjoy Bojo's Brexit then! Good luck!
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

We're fucked either way, that's only ever been my point

We we were weeks away from losing the NHS under liberal Obama and the EU via TTIP, now we're months away with Johnson and Trump

In this day and age nationalised institutions like the NHS have no future with so many neolibs in the establishment
Robbo
Legend

1 month ago

Congratulations on soon becoming the 53rd State of the USA and Trumps biatch, enjoy it whilst it lasts =))
-----------------------------------------------------
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

Robbo wrote:
1 month ago
Congratulations on soon becoming the 53rd State of the USA and Trumps biatch, enjoy it whilst it lasts =))
It's always been that way. We killed hundreds of thousands in Iraq on their command.

The best comment I heard from Trumps visit was by a woman that said him coming to the UK is like queen Victoria visiting her colonies in India etc
Lazarus
Legend

1 month ago

1,700 Ford jobs are going and 1,800 Aviva insurance jobs...... GREAT britain.....
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

Lazarus wrote:
1 month ago
1,700 Ford jobs are going and 1,800 Aviva insurance jobs...... GREAT britain.....
It's not just britain, it's happening all over the world. 38,000 car workers have been laid off in the US.

'The pain is just the beginning:' Wall Street wakes up to 'peak car' https://www.businessinsider.com/peak-ca ... ?r=US&IR=T

Car sales are expected to decline globally by 3% because of a perfect shitstorm - the main one being cars are literally killing the planet and us - so expect massive fucking lay offs and a big increase in poverty globally because under capitalism we're all dependent on bullshit consumerism
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

Looks like neolib shithead Macron has defeated the french rail strikers and is set to open up their railways to private companies in accordance with the EUs 4th rail package https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-franc ... KKBN1J719I

Some of you lot will be cheering him on like presumably you did Thatcher when she defeated the miners and sold off the country