Olympics

Discuss other sports here
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

2 years ago

Right, I know some of you lot have been turned off the Olympics, and I wasn't paying it much attention either... but I've just discovered track cycling... fuckin hell, that is my new favourite Olympic event... exciting as fuck, and some of the events are just outright cool... like the eliminations races, and some of the sprints... great fuckin racing, and BRITAIN ACTUALLY FUCKIN RULES AT SOMETHING! MEN AND WOMEN!

Jason Kenny... outstanding!

From now on, I'll be looking out for that...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

2 years ago

Oh, and he took his gold, stood on the podium, and DIDN'T blub the fuckin anthem... quality!
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

A lot of other athletes have basically come together and said we're doping, because we're shit at regular tournaments like the World Championships, but then clean up at the Olympics. The 4 year plan they work to is legit (so our athletes peak at the Olympics). But still, you have to wonder. If they are doping I'd imagine it's more systemic than than individual - like where it's built in to the system rather than a choice for each individual rider. Possibly state sanctioned n all.

Outside of the Olympics, the Sky team with the big names and the big money Sky pumped into it, along with Prem style hype and marketting, put a shitload of extra pressure on those riders, and I would bet anything that they were doping in order to get a competitive edge.

But as a sport aye it is exciting. The atmosphere in the velodrome is class.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

2 years ago

I don't think they're doping, if they were, I think they'd get exposed... what they are doing though, is pushing the limits of the tech, as well as the riders... every year, the Brits develop new aerodynamic tech for the bikes and the suits, and every year, the other countries follow their lead, only to discover the Brits have pushed it even further... on top of that, we take nutrition, physio, and training to new levels... several years ago, we discovered a sport we're very good at, and instead of just sitting back and enjoying our success, we took a very professional, almost German approach to the whole sport... not only developing the athletes, but the science as well...

Whoever is in charge of this revolutionary philosophy, the FA should poach them and put them in charge of English football...
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

Yeah that was an idea after the 2012 Olmypics when we smashed the velodrome. The FA have since consulted the twat (along with a shitload of other high profile people) but only in an unofficial capacity. It seems nothing more than a PR thing to look like they're doing something.
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

Europe'a top Olympic official has been arrested for ticket touting. What a fucking bunch.
Lazarus
Legend

2 years ago

Neymar scores in 15 secs for Brazil against Honduras. Live now on BBC 1
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Steggo
Legend

2 years ago

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/olympics ... ailsignout

Makes a bit of a farce for anyone who wins a boxing medal.
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

There were allegations before the games began that some boxing judges were corrupt. It's a bit late to act on it now.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

2 years ago

Sid wrote:There were allegations before the games began that some boxing judges were corrupt. It's a bit late to act on it now.
The whole Olympic establishment is dodgy as fuck... it's as bad, if not worse than FIFA... but these games in Rio, have got to go down as one of the worst... from what I read, the overwhelming majority of Rio didn't even want these games... billions spent on them, in a city with one of the worlds biggest, and worst slums...