Joshua v Klitschko

Discuss other sports here
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

2 years ago

Sid wrote:You have to remember it's only his 19th fight, Alf. A lot of fighters wouldn't fight a top pro like Klitschko until their 25th. But like he said he's learning under the lights - and making a ton of fucking money in the process. But aye I think his team got the tactics wrong. I agree he needs to be cleverer, lighter and box. They thought he could blitz the 41 year old and finish it early. But a world class champ like Wlad doesn't stay on the canvas for long. And he was fit as fuck - fitter than most younger fighters.

Thing is who is there to fight? Fury will be massive but there's still a few question marks over his quality. Wilder will be massive as well but he's not fought anyone good. He's an experienced pro with 38 fights but he's dodged Klitschko, dodged Fury, dodged all the british heavyweights like Haye, Whyte, Chisora.

The lack of quality US heavyweights is a real problem. Josh will rise to the top and it might be 5-10 years before they produce a top one that can challenge him.
Aye, but that's a problem in itself... first off, why was he stepping up so soon, if he's not quite ready? Smacks of Hearn seeing dollar signs to me... an honest, genuinely concerned manager would be telling his boy to have patience, the big time will come when he's ready... and second, the money itself might have come too soon... it's one thing to earn millions when you've already developed the game to win, and defend your titles... training is straightforward, and motivation is easier... physical/mental fitness, positive attitude... just go out there and do what you know... but he's going to be stinking rich now, owner of the belts, targeted by every hungry cunt who wants what he's got, and he's still learning???

To tell the truth, I probably wouldn't give a toss, if he didn't seem like such a good lad... if he was a mouthy twat, like Fury, couldn't care less if he gets his bell wrung, actually look forward to it... but it will be a sad sight to see him come up against the wrong fighter who really stuffs him good...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

2 years ago

Lazarus wrote:I'm with Sid, he's relatively inexperienced and still young. He seems to develop every time i've seen him. I think he'd destroy Fury, his muscle mass absorbs heavy shots and they work like demons on it, Fury doesn't have that and Joshua's body punches will hurt him. I also think he's got smarts much more than many boxers and he wants to be the best. But there aren't too many potential opponents about.
I'm not worried about Fury at all... wouldn't surprise me to see that fat, big mouth fuck, give it large, about how he's going to school AJ, get to the fight, and pack it in after 1 or 2 hard shots to his cheesy guts... his head's not right anyway... I'm not even sure he should be allowed to fight... regardless, Fury isn't the one that worries me... it's the unknown cunt, who right now, is in some dingy gym in Chicago or New York training on raw meat, and punching bricks... I watched that fight, and as much as I enjoyed it, I couldn't help thinking, Tyson would have fuckin killed him...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Lazarus
Legend

2 years ago

Oh for another Tyson, those were the days.... Remember Bruno's legs just going rigid and his eyes, he didn't know what hit him.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
pint vulger
Legend

2 years ago

Neanderthal ,grown men ? Well in age ? Watching two blokes ( sometimes women!!! ) punching ten bells out of each other ,in 2017 !M fucking incredible.
How far have we come ?
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

2 years ago

pint vulger wrote:Neanderthal ,grown men ? Well in age ? Watching two blokes ( sometimes women!!! ) punching ten bells out of each other ,in 2017 !M fucking incredible.
How far have we come ?
"ah gaaaack ugga ugga, ha ha ha"...
pint vulger
Legend

2 years ago

Just my opinion like.