Mayweather v McGregor

Discuss other sports here
redzebs
Legend

10 months ago

Fuck it, imagine ît lives up to the hype, imagine McGregor catches him with a cracking Southpaw hook in the first few rounds? If you don't wanna pay? Fair dues, if you can get on a Zlatan? Fuck it! Just get up cause seeing something the world talks about for decades live, isn't the same as watching the re runs
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
danniitronix
Legend

10 months ago

40 year old who hasn't fought for two years shits on him. Literally takes him to school.
Sid
Legend

10 months ago

A british boxing champ couldn't beat Mayweather let alone an MMA fighter. I'm surprised it lasted so long. Fucking farce, glad I missed it.
danniitronix
Legend

10 months ago

Connor WWE Smackdown McGregor.

He will be fighting the Undertaker next
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

10 months ago

What I've read said McGregor held his own for a while, and earned a lot of respect, but Mayweather paced himself, to come on in the rounds McGregor wouldn't be used to... sounds like a typical Mayweather fight... all business... I'll never like Mayweather... can't deny his record or his standing in the sport... one of, if not the greatest pure boxer the game's ever seen... but not a fighter, for me... and I'll never fully respect him for some of the cheesy wins he recorded...

Still stand by my opinion this fight was more farce than contest...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
pint vulger
Legend

10 months ago

' Boxing is a whole lot of white men watching two black men beat each other up'

M Ali.
danniitronix
Legend

10 months ago

pint vulger wrote:' Boxing is a whole lot of white men watching two black men beat each other up'

M Ali.
For a thick cunt that is very apt quote.

America can't wait for a black guy to loose to a white guy. This is why they suck up the PPV and Floyd is laughing and so is Connor.

Connor got dumped but he is a smart guy for sure. He will milk this and use it as a platform to increase his standing. Both MMA and boxing have won and I hope boxing gets the massive kick up the arse it deserves.
Sid
Legend

10 months ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:What I've read said McGregor held his own for a while, and earned a lot of respect, but Mayweather paced himself, to come on in the rounds McGregor wouldn't be used to... sounds like a typical Mayweather fight... all business... I'll never like Mayweather... can't deny his record or his standing in the sport... one of, if not the greatest pure boxer the game's ever seen... but not a fighter, for me... and I'll never fully respect him for some of the cheesy wins he recorded...

Still stand by my opinion this fight was more farce than contest...
Aye from the reports it sounds like Mayweather needed McGregor to tire before he could do any damage. 10 rounds ffs against someone whose barely an amateur boxer. And MMA fighters aren't used to doing 12. It takes pro boxers years before they build up to that distance.

I agree, total farce.

On a side note they sold 15 thousand tickets of the 20 thou available. Prices were a piss take so the atmosphere was shit apparently.
Snoopcousins
Legend

10 months ago

Ffs Mayweather didn't NEED 10 rounds....
That's hjs game - to sit back and tire the other boxer out before moving up a gear or two...

I've no doubt if he really wanted to he could have moved in for the kill a lot sooner
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Sid
Legend

10 months ago

So why's not do that then, why's he wait til the 10th? Wanted the overtime?

Truth is his game is to be cautious as fuck, to not take risks in case he's gets caught and goes down thus ruining his unbeaten run that only he rates. And he lacks power, especally now he's 40.