Baseball!

Discuss other sports here
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

No one here gives a toss about baseball... I don't care, Toronto is rolling... what a game, and anyone here from the States can kiss my arse!

Bring on the Royals!
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Steggo
Legend

3 years ago

Rounders in strange uniforms.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

Steggo wrote:Rounders in strange uniforms.
Yeah, yeah... what a tired line that is... baseball is a great game, with shit loads of drama and excitement... and you won't see any cunt diving for a penalty or falling on the ground holding his face because the ball hit him in the arse...

It makes me laugh to see that you lot are just as full of shit as the Americans, who turn their noses up at "soccer"...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Atmosphere would be worth it alone to try, I want to hail a guy who can bring me a hot dog to my seat, plus I like the music and people hitting balls with bats.

But then I love a good day out at the cricket.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

I'm not going to try to convince anyone... most people have their favourite sports, and get a bit snobby about sports they don't understand...
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

I'll go try any sport were they have t shirt bazookas tbf, nah it looks interesting, definitely not going to be boring no , at least if people decide it's not exactly their cup of tea but the overall atmosphere and the difference between that and traditional sports we are used to over here, I'd lik to try, even the cheesy bits that are nothing to do with the game itself. I'd say it'd be good for guys with kids as well to bring them to, when Belfast got an ice hockey team it was like a novelty but now I think most games are really well attended and I think hey actually won the league a few years ago, similar thing about the atmosphere etc.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Steggo
Legend

3 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:It makes me laugh to see that you lot are just as full of shit as the Americans, who turn their noses up at "soccer"..
Have watched Vancouver Canadians a few times in the late '90s. Atmosphere was great but didn't think much to the actual games. Much preferred ice hockey.Watched Kamloops Blazers several times. Great atmosphere and great games. Also watched the Whitecaps in 1983 I think it was.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

Steggo wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:It makes me laugh to see that you lot are just as full of shit as the Americans, who turn their noses up at "soccer"..
Have watched Vancouver Canadians a few times in the late '90s. Atmosphere was great but didn't think much to the actual games. Much preferred ice hockey.Watched Kamloops Blazers several times. Great atmosphere and great games. Also watched the Whitecaps in 1983 I think it was.
Hockey is great... we had season tickets to Kitchener Rangers when I was a kid, back when the OHL was the main farm team league... I saw a lot of the great NHL players from the early 70s coming up... I'm not 100% sure, but I think I saw Booby Orr play, as a teenager... anyway, back then hockey was pretty mental as well... fights were as much a part of the game as goals, and some of the scraps back then were epic... I remember a particular brawl, benches cleared, fans involved, police all over the ice... it would be considered ridiculous now, but as a 7 year old, I thought it was great entertainment...

Steggs... "Vancouver Canadians"???

That where you are?
Steggo
Legend

3 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:That where you are?
No,but worked in Vancouver for a very short time.Also had relatives who owned a ranch in Knutsford(!) near Kamloops. Spent a few working holidays there.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

Steggo wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:That where you are?
No,but worked in Vancouver for a very short time.Also had relatives who owned a ranch in Knutsford(!) near Kamloops. Spent a few working holidays there.
Nice... beautiful, isn't it?

And so much for the Jays being on a roll... blew a 3-0 lead, with their ace throwing peas... wtf?... down 2-0 now, but we'll do summat about that at home... I hope...