Baseball!

Discuss other sports here
User avatar
madredmonkey
Legend
Posts: 1538
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Area 51 Zoo Section

3 years ago

School playground game, cant take it seriously . :-Q
LEFT THE SITE SADLY GOT BORED OVER THE LAST 12 MONTHS, NOT WHAT IT USTED TO BE, GOODBYE TO THE FELLOW MEMBERS.
JUST NEED SOMETHING NEW.
User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13446
Joined: 5 years ago

3 years ago

madredmonkey wrote:School playground game, cant take it seriously . :-Q
Haha... ya know, most Americans think "soccer" is a girls game... so there you go...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
User avatar
redzebs
Legend
Posts: 11399
Joined: 5 years ago

3 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
madredmonkey wrote:School playground game, cant take it seriously . :-Q
Haha... ya know, most Americans think "soccer" is a girls game... so there you go...

Wouldn't necessarily say most now Alf, not in say school - 40 age bracket.

Plus most Rugby players think American footballers with all of their crazy padding are a pack of fruits so it probably works both ways.

I fuckin hate Rugby so the pomp and overall day out at a big NFL game would interest me more eg I'd rather experience the Super Bowl than a Rugby World Cup final no matter what teams were involved in it.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13446
Joined: 5 years ago

3 years ago

redzebs wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
madredmonkey wrote:School playground game, cant take it seriously . :-Q
Haha... ya know, most Americans think "soccer" is a girls game... so there you go...

Wouldn't necessarily say most now Alf, not in say school - 40 age bracket.

Plus most Rugby players think American footballers with all of their crazy padding are a pack of fruits so it probably works both ways.

I fuckin hate Rugby so the pomp and overall day out at a big NFL game would interest me more eg I'd rather experience the Super Bowl than a Rugby World Cup final no matter what teams were involved in it.
Aye, it's all relative... I remember getting into an argument with a baseball nut, about which was better/harder, baseball or cricket... I like 'em both, but he just wouldn't have it... typically, he didn't have a clue how cricket is played though...

Not many sports I don't like... basketball... don't like that at all... we have the ball, run down their end, put it in the basket, they get the ball, run down our end, put it in the basket, we get the ball, etc, etc... game ends 110 - 108... fuckin hell... and the fuckers go crazy for the "slam dunk"... when a 7 foot giant who's nearly tall enough to reach the basket in his slippers, jumps up and stuffs it in with authority, and an attitude... ooooh, and the crowd goes wild... wtf??? It's the equivalent of Ronaldo hitting the ball as hard as he can, to hammer one into an empty net from 2 yards out, and then making out like that's even better than a 30 yard screamer into the top corner... Stupid game if you ask me...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13446
Joined: 5 years ago

3 years ago

Late game... but sounds like I missed a cracker... 11-8, and the Jays smacked 3 bigg'ns... that brings the series to 2-1 Royals... big game tonight, with the knuckleballer... need this one... 3-1 would probably be the end with 2 games still to play in KC... but we win tonight, then Price goes tomorrow, and we head there with a 3-2 lead... I fancy that...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13446
Joined: 5 years ago

3 years ago

Fuck off Gibbons!
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
User avatar
brianofnazarethffs
Legend
Posts: 3735
Joined: 5 years ago

3 years ago

I actually went to my first baseball game this summer. Went to watch the Yankies play Boston! Not a bad game to make my viewing debut!
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour
User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13446
Joined: 5 years ago

3 years ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:I actually went to my first baseball game this summer. Went to watch the Yankies play Boston! Not a bad game to make my viewing debut!
Yankees/Red Sox, actually is the baseball equivalent of United/Liverpool... very bitter rivalry between 2 very historic clubs...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
User avatar
brianofnazarethffs
Legend
Posts: 3735
Joined: 5 years ago

3 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
brianofnazarethffs wrote:I actually went to my first baseball game this summer. Went to watch the Yankies play Boston! Not a bad game to make my viewing debut!
Yankees/Red Sox, actually is the baseball equivalent of United/Liverpool... very bitter rivalry between 2 very historic clubs...

Yeah mate, I was informed of that fact before I went! Yankies won so it was all good!

It was an amazing experience and my little lad loved it! Also took him to his first trip to Old Trafford two weeks ago! Bloody ruined!
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour
RedArmy88
Trainee
Posts: 2
Joined: 3 years ago

3 years ago

I'm a fan of baseball, dad took me when i was 12 to see the Tampa Rays (known as devil rays then) and been hooked since

been to the obvios tropicana stadium a shit full of times and also been to a few other stadiums in the US

the favourite so far is Coors field at Colorado Rockies, great stadium
Post Reply