Klitschko v Fury

Discuss other sports here
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

Any of you lot following this?

Got to admit, I'm not... don't really care, but the hype is really ramping up as the fight gets closer... typically...

Klitschko is a machine, and not very exciting, which is why he's not very popular in the States, or here... but Fury seems to be a ridiculous twat and I hope Klitschko shuts him up, proper...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

Fury has been giving this the hard sell by talking shit and acting like knob

I think Klitschko will win quite comfortably
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

Sid wrote:Fury has been giving this the hard sell by talking shit and acting like knob

I used to follow boxing... never a fanatic, but I loved a good fight... can't say I know anything at all about Fury... is he any good, or is he just a big mouth?
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

3 years ago

Absolute fucking Z list boxers. The heavyweight division has been dead for years. 10-20 years ago the likes of Haye/Fury/Chisora would've been nowhere near the sparring circuit let alone the chance to fight for titles. Klitschko has been absolutely blessed to be around now, he's not had one decent genuine challenger in 11 years!

If he'd been around in the era of Iron Mike/Holyfield/Lewis/Bowe he'd done fuck all.

I'm just about old enough to remember Mike Tyson in his prime, fucking animal. Nothing better then watching his explosive style and the old duck and uppercuts he used to throw out.

Though my favourite fighter is Sugar Ray Leonard, Mike is a close second.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:Absolute fucking Z list boxers. The heavyweight division has been dead for years. 10-20 years ago the likes of Haye/Fury/Chisora would've been nowhere near the sparring circuit let alone the chance to fight for titles. Klitschko has been absolutely blessed to be around now, he's not had one decent genuine challenger in 11 years!

If he'd been around in the era of Iron Mike/Holyfield/Lewis/Bowe he'd done fuck all.

I'm just about old enough to remember Mike Tyson in his prime, fucking animal. Nothing better then watching his explosive style and the old duck and uppercuts he used to throw out.

For a few years, Tyson fights were the biggest rip off in boxing... big build ups... you and your mates would get down to the pub early to get good seats in front of the big screen... get a few rounds in, and get all wound up on the expectation... fight starts...

Biff, bop, BANG!

Cunt on the mat, spitting teeth, fight over...!

:))

Fuckin hell... he was a wrecking machine...

Heavy weight always got the most hype, but the middle weights were the best fights...
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

3 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
brianofnazarethffs wrote:Absolute fucking Z list boxers. The heavyweight division has been dead for years. 10-20 years ago the likes of Haye/Fury/Chisora would've been nowhere near the sparring circuit let alone the chance to fight for titles. Klitschko has been absolutely blessed to be around now, he's not had one decent genuine challenger in 11 years!

For a few years, Tyson fights were the biggest rip off in boxing... big build ups... you and your mates would get down to the pub early to get good seats in front of the big screen... get a few rounds in, and get all wound up on the expectation... fight starts...

Biff, bop, BANG!

Cunt on the mat, spitting teeth, fight over...!

:))

Fuckin hell... he was a wrecking machine...

Heavy weight always got the most hype, but the middle weights were the best fights...

Haha! Yeah that's true. He was fucking unstoppable for a period.

Agree about the middleweights too, much more skilled and technical.

I do have big hope for this Anthony Joshua....he needs to be challenged now though.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Sid wrote:Fury has been giving this the hard sell by talking shit and acting like knob

I used to follow boxing... never a fanatic, but I loved a good fight... can't say I know anything at all about Fury... is he any good, or is he just a big mouth?
I don't follow boxing that closely but I know that Fury never used to be a gobshite. He's going for it with this fight to try and ramp it up. It's a big pay day and a chance for him to take a shot at a legendary champion.

There's some truth to the fact that other fighters avoid him. He's one of the biggest heavyweights around (6"9) but he ain't the greatest boxer. There's that famous gif of him punching himself in the face, it's pretty fucking tragic. But who knows, with heavyweights it only takes one punch. But tbf I think he'll be outboxed by Klitschko.

I agree with Bri, Anthony Joshua looks promising. He just hasn't fought anyone decent yet. Cool fella as well, actually likeable.

Luke Campbell (lightweight) from Hull looks good n all. He was a different class with his hand speed and power against Tommy Coyle. He got properly roughed up by the cunt as Coyle is a proper brawler. It was as bad as it gets tbf. I remember at one point Coyle literally ran from one side of the ring to the other and speared him. But Campbell adapted his game and put him on the canvas.
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Kilt joke will bore him to death, nailed on.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

3 years ago

ive got nothing against massive gypo lumps of shite but hes out his depth here tbf
lkhm

hoofing
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Yeah, he's a fuckin muppet, I'd let him Tarmac my drive if he wasn't so mental.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.