BBC ditch F1

Discuss other sports here
Mumford
First Teamer

2 years ago

The BBC have decided to ditch F1 coverage three years early as a cost cutting exercise, the rights for the next three seasons have been sold to C4, they reckon it will save the Beeb £35m over the three years.

So thats another sport made popular by the BBC gone to ground, very soon you wont be able to watch any of the top sport on free to air, fucking Murdoch has lot to answer for.

Personally I think th BBC is way overdue for advertising, being funded by the public in this day and age is bollocks, they should be allowed to advertise so they can compete on a level field with all the other channels.
Take all the courage you have left
And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

Nah that's full on privatisation. If it bends over to advertisers and crooks like Murdoch the reason why people love the BBC in first place will change. It will become just like the rest.

It's on its arse though tbf. Huge insurmountable debts, Tories who're bending over to private networks. MOTD is under threat because the cost of the highlights packages is ridiculous
Mumford
First Teamer

2 years ago

TBH I watch very little on the Beeb, it's full of crap and repeats, I suppose that's part of the cost cutting too, I'm not into costume drama or a lot of the cops and robber shows they put on.
The latest one the missus watched was some competition involving pottery, that has to be dredging the bottom of the barrel.

I don't watch MOTD either, I find the pundits on there slagging off managers to be a bunch of cunts, especially Shearer, he couldn't do it at Newcastle,.

I watch all my footie via streams, and BT sport.
Take all the courage you have left
And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

Ey the pottery thing was good

But I fucking hate costume dramas as well. Absolutely fucking awful. They were described recently by a British film director as films by posh people, for posh people, that are full of posh people. Just a load of fucking emotionally repressed sexually frustrated posh cunts eating tea and swinging on fucking swings in their massive gardens. The most fucking drama you get is when one of em picks up the wrong dessert spoon at dinner and it causes ructions. But of course they all fucking keep it in. Sit there repressing their emotions. The most you might get is a fucking raised eyebrow. I just fucking hate em. It's just a chance to dust off all the old costumes they've got in the BBC warehouse. "Darcy??" go fuck yourself.

The thing is though yanks love em, and posh cunts here love em. They love anything to do with overt obvious class distinctions were the poor are put in their place, like Downton. It's to be filed under "back everything was better TV" aka you could still be racist, all the dinner parties were white and plebs were to be not seen and not heard. And the BBC is increasingly pandering to other markets, especially yanks, in order to deal with its funding crisis. It panders to the Daily Mail as well who eat all this shite up. "At last some proper telly" go fuck yourself as well. Because the Fail has the Beeb over a barrel
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

2 years ago

Sid wrote:Ey the pottery thing was good

But I fucking hate costume dramas as well. Absolutely fucking awful. They were described recently by a British film director as films by posh people, for posh people, that are full of posh people. Just a load of fucking emotionally repressed sexually frustrated posh cunts eating tea and swinging on fucking swings in their massive gardens. The most fucking drama you get is when one of em picks up the wrong dessert spoon at dinner and it causes ructions. But of course they all fucking keep it in. Sit there repressing their emotions. The most you might get is a fucking raised eyebrow. I just fucking hate em. It's just a chance to dust off all the old costumes they've got in the BBC warehouse. "Darcy??" go fuck yourself.

The thing is though yanks love em, and posh cunts here love em. They love anything to do with overt obvious class distinctions were the poor are put in their place, like Downton. It's to be filed under "back everything was better TV" aka you could still be racist, all the dinner parties were white and plebs were to be not seen and not heard. And the BBC is increasingly pandering to other markets, especially yanks, in order to deal with its funding crisis. It panders to the Daily Mail as well who eat all this shite up. "At last some proper telly" go fuck yourself as well. Because the Fail has the Beeb over a barrel
It's MISTER Darcy... get it right!
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
redzebs
Legend

2 years ago

Downton Abbey is fuckin beaut tbf
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

2 years ago

that pottery guff, fucking bellend bursting into tears every time he sees a nice bit of pattern on a cup, fuck off mate tbf
lkhm

hoofing
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

Haha every fucking time he was weeping, every episode, it was unbelievable
redzebs
Legend

2 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:that pottery guff, fucking bellend bursting into tears every time he sees a nice bit of pattern on a cup, fuck off mate tbf

That's cheered me right up. :)) :)) :))

How do you know knobby if you weren't watching?
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.