Forum upgrade and changes

Manchester United chat
Robbo
Legend

6 months ago

Snap1.png

Go to the forum index there you will see the following choose Matchday sub-forum then the match in question.
-----------------------------------------------------
sheesh
Legend

6 months ago

Fabulous job with the changes to the website. It looks great.

Thank you.
bman2
Legend

6 months ago

What's the difference between the den and the commons? we've almost got more forums than posters now ...

Great work though, it's really great.
dozer
Legend

6 months ago

FuB wrote:
dozer wrote:
FuB wrote:
@dozer - added that smilie here for you: :vampire:

Too small :(

I know where you're coming from but, if it's any bigger, it'll be so much bigger than all the others and fuck up text formatting, etc.

i'll try and resize it a bit but I think it'll just look stupid alongside the others

That's okay. We had a few emoticons in the original rant site which were big. Problem is quality in that image I sent you sucks. The usage is a little different; it's not meant to be embedded with texts.

Also, great effort; thanks mate! Appreciate it.
FuB
Legend

6 months ago

:vampire:

better? you may need to refresh your browser cache to get the larger format.

I actually downloaded a better copy and resized it so hopefully the quality is better
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
FuB
Legend

6 months ago

bman2 wrote:What's the difference between the den and the commons? we've almost got more forums than posters now ...

I think Robbo's idea was just to separate the obviously very politically-oriented discussions from just general off topic stuff. The political stuff here, obviously, tends to attract some seriously polarised opinions so putting it in a forum of it's own maybe helps to warn the intrepid explorer before entering?

bman2 wrote:Great work though, it's really great.

sheesh wrote:Fabulous job with the changes to the website. It looks great.

Thank you.

Thanks.

A couple of questions:

1. Did the moving match day to it's own forum work out? I thought it did... not having the forum tell me that someone else had posted at the same time as me made a huge difference to the experience in my opinion.

2. In the light of people being a bit confused about how to locate the matchday forum without the red nav bar on this version of phpBB, it's worth making clear that there is no similar nav bar available in the new version. There is, however, an easy link always available to get you back to the board index... and then on from there.

I do think it's worth all of you having a play around with the new version at www.unitedrant.co.uk/ranton_320 just so you get a feel for it before I cut things over. that includes logging in and posting (from all your various devices) and maybe seeing how easy it is to navigate around!
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Lazarus
Legend

6 months ago

Liked the quicker posting without the 'others have posted' warnings. Good job!
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
danniitronix
Legend

6 months ago

This is much better. Good work guys and thanks for the efforts.
redzebs
Legend

6 months ago

Glad to come back to this, well done FuB
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
swampash
Legend

6 months ago

bman2 wrote:What's the difference between the den and the commons? we've almost got more forums than posters now ...

...crossed my mind too. Not sure I've quite got the distinction.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...