Roy Keane

Manchester United chat
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

7 years ago

is roy wrong in what he says though

does he need to hammer players to sell his book

roy is still bitter though tbf, and taggarts right when he says you think he wouldn't be as bitter at how it ended now hes tried and failed at management himself
lkhm

hoofing
dozer
Legend

7 years ago

When has he been right? It's fun to watch and hear as an audience when a man who's performing well in his profession starts ranting and belittling others but it's nothing but demeaning and Keane overstayed at the club. He wasn't a good player in his final few seasons anyway although we did have some bad bad first teamers like Fortune, Silvestre, Smith and a goal keeper.

This is why are personalities like Keane and Mourinho so popular. Box-office cunts they are.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

7 years ago

more bollocks, in his last few seasons his legs went so his job was basically what carrick does

keane did it better
lkhm

hoofing
Lazarus
Legend

7 years ago

Fergie didn't mind Roy's 'attitude' when he was 'his' representative on the pitch or dressing room. Roy didn't get more outspoken, Fergie had less use for him and knew he'd have to move him on. Roy wouldn't/ didn't go quietly.Roy also saw the dross coming throught the doors of old trafford before the rest of us did and said so. He saw established players softening up when fame and trophies had come seemingly easy. Roy also saw Fergie changing with the new style of man management and Roy couldn't/ wouldn't change as well.

He'll never be a good manager but fuck he's a legend. Him and Triggs!
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

7 years ago

Some of his observations of Fergie being a cunt are probably right.

But you're on pretty thin ice when you're calling someone out as disloyal for talking about what goes on behind closed doors of a football club when you've release a couple of your own autobiographies.

He comes across as a bitter, pissy twat when he speaks on TV, whatever its about. He's a very angry man and I don't think he'd be much of a joy to spend time with.

Brilliant, Brilliant player though.
Anantax
Legend

7 years ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:Some of his observations of Fergie being a cunt are probably right.

But you're on pretty thin ice when you're calling someone out as disloyal for talking about what goes on behind closed doors of a football club when you've release a couple of your own autobiographies.

He comes across as a bitter, pissy twat when he speaks on TV, whatever its about. He's a very angry man and I don't think he'd be much of a joy to spend time with.

Brilliant, Brilliant player though.
I am with Keane on this one

I dont see it as him calling Fergie disloyal because Fergie talked abouy hwat goes on behind closed doors. He called Fergie disloyal because Fergie spoke badly about many of his players who have been great servants to the club and to Fergie - some of which remains very loyal to him such as Beckham - and doing so despite not really needing to. fergie doesnt need to shame them into performing (anymore). Fergie, with his astounding record, doesnt really need to prove himself to anyone. He doesnt even really need the money. Its all just essentially eanting to have the last word, at the expense of these aforementioned players

I am buying the book so will let you know whether its as bad as what the media makes it out to be, but from what I've read so far I must say, despite the fact that Keane is a bitter man, He has got a point...
Sid
Legend

7 years ago

Hang on though, didn't Keane nail some players publicly - players who were loyal and helped us to win things?

Does he know anything about loyalty, running to the press to slag off Rio etc.
Lazarus
Legend

7 years ago

It's all pointless nonsense for us to be debating now. Fergie and Keane were the mutts nuts for us as supporters when they were working with each other. I liked most of Fergie's way of dealing with things but, as with all things, this gradually diminished with time. Now he's gone. I loved Keane and his no compromise attitude, this also gradually diminished with time. Now he's gone and we never replaced him. I hope we don't have years to wait to replace Fergie.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
RobDiablo
Legend

7 years ago

Lazarus wrote:... I hope we don't have years to wait to replace Fergie.
It was always going to be years; let's just hope it's not decades.
Anantax
Legend

7 years ago

Sid wrote:Hang on though, didn't Keane nail some players publicly - players who were loyal and helped us to win things?

Does he know anything about loyalty, running to the press to slag off Rio etc.
I thought he did that while still a Utd player? If so then at least he has reason to...shame them into performing as I said before

I am not trying to justify what he did, but at least he has reason to.

Fergie doesnt, not really.

Look I am not trying to defend keane or make him out a hero or anything like that. But in my view, slagging off players that by and large has been loyal to you for no reason other than to sell books and make more money when you dont really need to, or just to have the last word, I think thats pretty poor form. You're the most successful manager in English football. Leave it at that, why pick on other people?

Just by focusing on workings of football and/or management tips and tricks the book would be a bestseller alreadt...thats the reason I bought it...to learn what I can from someone who's been hugely successful in his field....not for some trash gossip on what x players did or say...