Roy Keane

Manchester United chat
Sid
Legend

7 years ago

"shame them into performing" is not something that's acceptable - that's why he got the boot

Fergie never nailed his players publicly

Keane is one to talk about loyalty. Ask Ferdinand whether he thinks Keane is loyal - the player who helped us lift the European Cup
Anantax
Legend

7 years ago

Sid wrote:"

Fergie never nailed his players publicly
He just did

Without reason
Sid
Legend

7 years ago

He isn't manager though is he

Keane cannot talk about loyalty, it's shite. You can bang on about details but you don't do what either cunt has done. It's just a bullshit argument between the two of em.
Anantax
Legend

7 years ago

Sid wrote:He isn't manager though is he

Keane cannot talk about loyalty, it's shite. You can bang on about details but you don't do what either cunt has done. It's just a bullshit argument between the two of em.
Neither is Keane

But I agree with your conclusion and lets leave it at that...
Sid
Legend

7 years ago

No right ffs

Fergie when manager never nailed players

Keane when the biggest player at the club, and captain, went to the press, gave them some big fuck off juicy soundbites about our entire squad pretty much - going above the manager in the process

And then he was disposed of. What do you expect. It's time he realised it was inevitable and stopped using ITV as a vehicle for his shite.

Even now Fergie hasn't nailed anybody Keane style, has he? Keane was brutal with the truth
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

7 years ago

Sid wrote:No right ffs
lol... Sid...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
captainhormone
Star Man

7 years ago

Tbf keane has a right to be bitter. .I mean how would you feel being made the scapegoat for season ticket hikes back in 2000..keane was and it was all downhill from there Tbf
Lkhm

Hoofing

Quality Red.
Anantax
Legend

7 years ago

Sid wrote:No right ffs

Fergie when manager never nailed players

Keane when the biggest player at the club, and captain, went to the press, gave them some big fuck off juicy soundbites about our entire squad pretty much - going above the manager in the process

And then he was disposed of. What do you expect. It's time he realised it was inevitable and stopped using ITV as a vehicle for his shite.

Even now Fergie hasn't nailed anybody Keane style, has he? Keane was brutal with the truth
Apologies for not being clear - but thats sort of my point: if Fergie IS still the manager and these players are still his players I would actually be ok with it

A manager, and a captain's, job is to get the best performance out of their team. So in this context, there should be no such thing as loyalty if you're manager or captain. To take an extreme example, we surely wouldnt want our manager to be "loyal" to Bebe, would we? A manager should be ruthless, once they no longer perform, ship them out.

As a captain, you have a more limited arsenal to get the best performance. Threaten, cajole, persuade, berate, thats it. Thats what I thought Roy Keane was doing.

Was he wrong in doing so publicly? Sure he was. Does he deserve to get the boot? sure.

But my argument is that his motivation for doing so is valid - he is doing his job as captain. Badly and in the wrong manner, but doing his job

Fergie, since he is no longer manager, had the option of being loyal to the players rhat has served him well. Why besmirch the reputation of people loyal to you? But he chose not to, just for the sake of having the last word. Thats where I think Keane has got a point.

Its like me badmouthing a former colleague of mine whos always been nice to me, despite me having no reason to. Its just poor form.

But tbh I have very little knowledge of what Keane does in his work as a tv pundit, so you might very wrll be right that he has no concept of loyalty either
Sid
Legend

7 years ago

You make a good point, aye, I can see that

But I still don't think Keane is one to talk about loyalty toward players when he went behind their backs and slammed them in the press. It's ridiculous.
Lazarus
Legend

7 years ago

Fergie even had a go at Kevin Moran FFS. Kevin Moran??? :))
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X