is rashford gonna make it then

Manchester United chat
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I might be wrong Sid, but I'm sure I remember reading the when he played for the youth side at United he was more of a '10' than a '9'.

It was a bit of an eye opener for me. I'd given him a bit of stick and questioned whether he has the technique to make it at the top. And granted, it was just Costa Rica, but he stood out a mile for his quality and authority on the game. I still maintain that he's not a wide forward - there's a bit difference between drifting into wide areas and playing as an out and out wide man.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote: 5 years ago I might be wrong Sid, but I'm sure I remember reading the when he played for the youth side at United he was more of a '10' than a '9'.

It was a bit of an eye opener for me. I'd given him a bit of stick and questioned whether he has the technique to make it at the top. And granted, it was just Costa Rica, but he stood out a mile for his quality and authority on the game. I still maintain that he's not a wide forward - there's a bit difference between drifting into wide areas and playing as an out and out wide man.
Yeah I can see him as a 10, definitely. He's got flicks and can play in tight areas. He just gets shunted out wide because he's fast as fuck.

I hope he has a great World Cup, I hope he lights it up, so when he comes back Jose has to prioritise him.
Lazarus
Legend

Sid wrote: 5 years ago
ashleyfuckingyoung wrote: 5 years ago I might be wrong Sid, but I'm sure I remember reading the when he played for the youth side at United he was more of a '10' than a '9'.

Yeah I can see him as a 10, definitely. He's got flicks and can play in tight areas. He just gets shunted out wide because he's fast as fuck.

I hope he has a great World Cup, I hope he lights it up, so when he comes back Jose has to prioritise him.
A pair of prophets!!! Will getting the 10 shirt change anything for Rashford? Will he play as a 10?
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Lazarus
Legend

Jose-

"He wanted it. He always wanted it."

"Of course, he respected the big [Wayne] Rooney and then Zlatan wanted to have it. Of course, he was in the shadow, waiting for the opportunity and now the shirt is empty. It's something fantastic for the kid, let's give the shirt to him."
Lazarus
Legend

Rashford- ‘Wearing the shirt worn by United legends, honoured!’

Rooney- ‘It suits you mate.’

B-)
dozer
Legend

Rashford hasn't really done well yet he gets the number 10 shirt.
Our standards have really dropped.
If Fergie were still here Welbeck would still have been our number 9. But the cunt would still have won us the league.
Jose buys so many players but has only excuses to show up for it.
swampash
Legend

Good luck to the kid - I hope it inspires him to greater levels of performance. We certainly could do with it this season...
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

If only Mourinho played him as a 10
marlon
Legend

It's hard to tell what's Mourinho and what's Rashford, but he's had no presence whenever he's played up front under Mourinho. I think we'd be better off starting the season with Sanchez through the middle if we go with one up front.
Lazarus
Legend

"United have a deserved reputation for late goals - particularly during Sir Alex Ferguson's tenure - and Rashford has now scored two stoppage time winners in the Premier League.

The number might not sound outstanding, but it's the club record at Old Trafford and only the esteemed duo of Robin van Persie and Paul Scholes have matched his achievement."

Just 21. He's never going to make it :))