Pogba Confirmed

Manchester United chat
dozer
Legend

2 years ago

bman2 wrote:More than anything else, Pogba is a dribbler and improviser, someone who breaks through the lines. He’s wasted in a team that wants to bypass the fucking midfield altogether and hoof it to bogbrush at the back post.

More excuses for Pogba. What about when Fellaini wasn't playing?
We need players who can do well on their own.
Matic is playing well in a 4231, 433 etc.
McTominay doesn't seem to have issues.
Herrera is equally mediocre in any of these positions. He's still better than Pogba who's a liability.
Fellaini usually has a big attacking impact when he's brought on. He's given us goals and created chances.
Carrick in the past played well in a 2 or 3 man midfield; there was no debate on who should play alongside him and how many midfield partners etc.

When you're crap, you're crap. We need midfielders who can play in midfield without any excuses.
Snoopcousins
Legend

2 years ago

Dozer - your post wud have more weight if you slagged Fellaini too....everyone’s Shit apart from Fellaini in your book....just because he has brought a few goals?? Pogba has brought a lot more regular goals and assists etc and you still slag him ....
The point is ...even if Fellaini brings the odd goal contribution he’s a terrible footballer ....

Howson called it right when he said Fellaini has he tactical awareness of a paper-bag blowing about in the wind
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
dozer
Legend

2 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote:Dozer - your post wud have more weight if you slagged Fellaini too....everyone’s Shit apart from Fellaini in your book....just because he has brought a few goals?? Pogba has brought a lot more regular goals and assists etc and you still slag him ....
The point is ...even if Fellaini brings the odd goal contribution he’s a terrible footballer ....

Howson called it right when he said Fellaini has he tactical awareness of a paper-bag blowing about in the wind

My post above says everyone's been mediocre to good except Pogba.
Look, I'm not debating Fellaini here; imo he's a good player and he's been effective. I mentioned him because I was comparing the other midfielder's performances and we have an other thread for the Fellani debate.
The point I made was the other players have been equally effective in a 2 or 3 man midfield with no other set midfielders.
Pogba gets these excuses like he needs to be on a left of midfield 3, he must play up front, he needs some other support player etc.
Good players play well on their own without these excuses.
swampash
Legend

2 years ago

Saw a suggestion that Pogba will try to get a move to Barca this summer.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
FuB
Legend

2 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote:Howson called it right when he said Fellaini has he tactical awareness of a paper-bag blowing about in the wind

This seems to be a description of Pogba as well but he's getting a bye all the time for being "world class". Maybe he's got more tactical nous than we're seeing but he seems too lazy to give a shit, and especially lately.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
dozer
Legend

2 years ago

swampash wrote:Saw a suggestion that Pogba will try to get a move to Barca this summer.

Fingers crossed...
Robbo
Legend

2 years ago

swampash wrote:Saw a suggestion that Pogba will try to get a move to Barca this summer.

If there is any truth in that then it just goes to prove that the most import thing for him is not the team, his team mates etc.it the brand "POGBA" his you tube hits, haircuts etc. instead of getting his head down and working his balls off proving how good he can be at the first questions regarding his ability etc. he wants to up sticks somewhere else.
-----------------------------------------------------
marlon
Legend

2 years ago

Pogba's basically a 10. Playing him in a 2 will never work with our end to end style.
Unitedroad
Reserves

2 years ago

Sorry Marlon ......totally agree he ain't disciplined enough to play elsewhere on a regular basis.
Lazarus
Legend

2 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
2 years ago
Dozer - your post wud have more weight if you slagged Fellaini too....everyone’s Shit apart from Fellaini in your book....just because he has brought a few goals?? Pogba has brought a lot more regular goals and assists etc and you still slag him ....

...and Rooney is doing better than both of them. Remember how shite Rooney was in MF??? His stats are better than Pogba. 10 goals 2 assists in 25 apps for Everton so far this season! He's 32 ...... =))
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X