it’ll be a summer of profit for the glazers
lkhm

hoofing
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Easily our best player

JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Whilst they'd need to be replaced - and how we do that is a concern - for me, the bigger principle of moving Lukaku and Pogba on is that it has to be the catalyst for a step change in how we play. And a change of mentality in the dressing room. Pogba's role is that of midfield playmaker. He dictates the pace and rhythm of our game. Lukaku is the focal point of the attack. Those 2 roles, along with the role of defensive midfielder, are fundamental to your style of play. There has to be much more energy and tempo to our game and that will never come with Pogba and Lukaku in the side. We need to look beyond replacing their contributions through individuals, to enhancing our output as a side.

Use Martial, Rashford and Greenwood as our central striking options. Bring in at least 1 wide player of quality. I've been against bringing Bale in, but I think he'd make us better than what we get with Pogba, if he stays fit. We need someone on the right too and we should be looking to bring Chong through. Give Perreira more game time.

Don't replace Pogba on a like for like basis. Get shut and bring in 2, maybe 3 new midfielders who'll get us playing the right way. Even if that takes some time. Partey, Ndombele, Tielemans, Ndidi, Neves, Rice, Bruno. 2 or 3 of those and Bale (or a younger alternative) would make us better than the current approach. Throw in a centre back and right back and we'd have a chance of kicking on. Then the next wave of the rebuild would take place next summer, hopefully with us on an upward curve and with CL football on offer.
dozer
Legend

Sid wrote: 4 years ago
dozer wrote: 4 years ago I'd sell Pogba for a good fee, provided we buy someone.
You can't just buy someone, it has to be someone of quality. But we're not even being linked with any cunt other than Bruno Fernandes who would replace Pogs goals but not much else, it's not his game.

Pog is the only midfielder we have that's comfortable on the ball under pressure. If we want to ditch Mourinho's hoof & hope football we need to keep players like him, not sell em.
We have to do what Spurs and Pool did and buy young players and improve them. It needs good scouting and coaching.
We can't expect to buy Mbappe and Eriksen. They won't join us; well, they might, for a lot of money but then that's the kind of transfer strategy I'm hoping we avoid. it hasn't worked well for us.
bman2
Legend

dozer wrote: 4 years ago
dozer wrote: 4 years ago I'd sell Pogba for a good fee, provided we buy someone.
You can't just buy someone, it has to be someone of quality. But we're not even being linked with any cunt other than Bruno Fernandes who would replace Pogs goals but not much else, it's not his game.

Pog is the only midfielder we have that's comfortable on the ball under pressure. If we want to ditch Mourinho's hoof & hope football we need to keep players like him, not sell em.
We have to do what Spurs and Pool did and buy young players and improve them. It needs good scouting and coaching.
We can't expect to buy Mbappe and Eriksen. They won't join us; well, they might, for a lot of money but then that's the kind of transfer strategy I'm hoping we avoid. it hasn't worked well for us.
Spurs and Pool have managers that got a lot more out of many of the players they already had. It remains to be seen if Ole can do that. It makes a huge difference.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 4 years ago

Spurs and Pool have managers that got a lot more out of many of the players they already had. It remains to be seen if Ole can do that. It makes a huge difference.
If Ole can do that he's a world class coach. It's unlikely.
Lazarus
Legend

Sid wrote: 4 years ago Easily our best player

Surprise!!!! I don't agree.....

Pogba played 2226 mins, the next to him was Rashford who played 2037 mins. Pogba got 13 goals (7 pens) Rashord got 10 goals (1 pen). Martial played 1272 mins and scored 10 goals. Pogba got 4 more assists than Rashford. https://www.foxsports.com/soccer/manche ... team-stats

These are not great or WC stats. We've watched and commented on nearly every game for three years. How many was i made look a fool for sticking to my guns about Pogba? I can't remember more than two. Turns out all this debate about him seems irrelevant because he WANTS to go. I'll be glad to see the back of him and don't give a shit if he turns out to be the best player ever, he couldn't, wouldn't do it for us.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Lazarus
Legend

bman2 wrote: 4 years ago

If Ole can do that he's a world class coach. It's unlikely.
It does remain to be seen but for now i'm choosing to be hopeful and remember the records he set before it all turned to shit. We enjoyed some of that football. Despite Woodward, the Glazers and what looks like a cluster fuck behind the scenes i'm rooting for Ole more than Moyes, LVG or Jose ever made me root for them.

To steal Bri's line, it's the hope that kills you.......
bman2
Legend

Pogba’s a top player in a Mickey Mouse club. We went like gangbusters when Ole took over because he made us the Pogba team. Then in Feb, Zidane was appointed at Real and let it be known he wanted Pogba, and all the player’s heads dropped, because they knew he wanted out and knew we were shite without him.

There are legitimate concerns about Pogba — can he be consistent enough, disciplined enough? But if you’re supposed to be a CL-contender club, you probably need to replace every player before you get to Pogba and start wondering if he’s the weak link.
Lazarus
Legend

bman2 wrote: 4 years ago Pogba’s a top player in a Mickey Mouse club. We went like gangbusters when Ole took over because he made us the Pogba team. Then in Feb, Zidane was appointed at Real and let it be known he wanted Pogba, and all the player’s heads dropped, because they knew he wanted out and knew we were shite without him.

There are legitimate concerns about Pogba — can he be consistent enough, disciplined enough? But if you’re supposed to be a CL-contender club, you probably need to replace every player before you get to Pogba and start wondering if he’s the weak link.
I've never said he was the weak link. My point has always been that he wasn't consistent, he switched off and that he had a long way to go the be considered WC or even great and that was all before he ever came back to United. People heaped expectation and praise on him and he has never improved.

As for how he played when Ole took over... the whole team played better but Pogba didn't stand out that much more than anyone else, read the threads, he still switched off, lost the ball, didn't track back and played shit passes. Then he just shut down, as you say. Pogba isn't giving us the option this time to build a team around him, he wants to go. Ole has fuck all to do with any of that.