Pogba Confirmed

Manchester United chat
RedDevilinAZ
First Teamer

Pogba is the type of player who will always take chances, that part of what make him the player he is. Most of the time a mistake in the opposition's half is easy to recover from and doesn't cause too much heartburn, however; that same mistake in front of your back four can be catastrophic.
Defences know that Pogba will take the gamble to make a big play and are willing to put two defenders on him, especially when he is in his own half, trying to get a turnover. So far this season Pogba has been our best player, admittedly; the bar isn't very high on that statement, but we could get a lot more from him by if he played further up the pitch in a 4-3-3 formation.
Lazarus
Legend

RedDevilinAZ wrote: 4 years ago Pogba is the type of player who will always take chances, that part of what make him the player he is. Most of the time a mistake in the opposition's half is easy to recover from and doesn't cause too much heartburn, however; that same mistake in front of your back four can be catastrophic.
Defences know that Pogba will take the gamble to make a big play and are willing to put two defenders on him, especially when he is in his own half, trying to get a turnover. So far this season Pogba has been our best player, admittedly; the bar isn't very high on that statement, but we could get a lot more from him by if he played further up the pitch in a 4-3-3 formation.
My problems with this are first we haven't just signed him, he's played all over the place for us his attitude stays the same. Three years and we still don't know what his best position is and even when he has been played in it he's not been as advertised.

Secondly great players adapt in a game, if two defenders are on them, they do something different, they don't moan and throw their arms in the air and jog back into position. They enjoy the challenge, when do we ever see that from Pogba more than once or twice a game if we're lucky, great players do it over and over game after game. It's ridiculous that the Man City game is still his highlight and he wasn't even great in that.

Lastly, saying Pogba has been our best player seems daft this early in the season but if we're doing that, James has 2 goals. Rashford has 2 goals 1 assist, Martial has 2 goals 1 assist, Pogba has 2 assists, Pereira has 1 assist. Seems to me Rashord and Martial are leading the way and given neither of those are being sold for £180 mil and didn't cost a world record fee and haven't been hyped to fuck and are younger and don't want to leave for Real, i'll pick those two, then James because he's just signed and cost fuck all and is a kid, then Pereira because he cost fuck all and his assist came at an important time in the game to make it 2-0, then Pogba because he got two nice assists in the same game to make us look good, he knows all about that.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Lazarus
Legend

bman2
Legend

Sure why not. If he goes to Real and does well there should be a riot at OT.
RedDevilinAZ
First Teamer

Sure, let him go it's not like we are a team screaming out for a playmaker. :wall:
RedDevilinAZ
First Teamer

Lazarus wrote: 4 years ago
RedDevilinAZ wrote: 4 years ago Pogba is the type of player who will always take chances, that part of what make him the player he is. Most of the time a mistake in the opposition's half is easy to recover from and doesn't cause too much heartburn, however; that same mistake in front of your back four can be catastrophic.
My problems with this are first we haven't just signed him, he's played all over the place for us his attitude stays the same. Three years and we still don't know what his best position is and even when he has been played in it he's not been as advertised.

Secondly great players adapt in a game, if two defenders are on them, they do something different, they don't moan and throw their arms in the air and jog back into position. They enjoy the challenge, when do we ever see that from Pogba more than once or twice a game if we're lucky, great players do it over and over game after game. It's ridiculous that the Man City game is still his highlight and he wasn't even great in that.

Lastly, saying Pogba has been our best player seems daft this early in the season but if we're doing that, James has 2 goals. Rashford has 2 goals 1 assist, Martial has 2 goals 1 assist, Pogba has 2 assists, Pereira has 1 assist. Seems to me Rashord and Martial are leading the way and given neither of those are being sold for £180 mil and didn't cost a world record fee and haven't been hyped to fuck and are younger and don't want to leave for Real, i'll pick those two, then James because he's just signed and cost fuck all and is a kid, then Pereira because he cost fuck all and his assist came at an important time in the game to make it 2-0, then Pogba because he got two nice assists in the same game to make us look good, he knows all about that.
The best performances we have seen from Pogba have been when he has few or no defensive responsibilities and has has been given freedom to go wherever the game takes him but usually in a 4-3-3 formation on the left side. Pogba has been played at just about every midfield position and role imaginable, and for the most part put in a good performance. There are some games where he has phoned it in and his lackadaisical approach will brive aq monk to drink, but I do have to wonder, especially during the Mourinho’s term, was he just doing exactly what he was being told to do?

So far this season I believe he has given a 100% in every game and has been our best overall performer, it is not his fault that it required a world record fee to get him back to Old Trafford. If he really didn’t want to be here it would be a relatively easy thing to throw a shit storm and get the transfer he wants.
Lazarus
Legend

RedDevilinAZ wrote: 4 years ago
Lazarus wrote: 4 years ago

The best performances we have seen from Pogba have been when he has few or no defensive responsibilities and has has been given freedom to go wherever the game takes him but usually in a 4-3-3 formation on the left side. Pogba has been played at just about every midfield position and role imaginable, and for the most part put in a good performance. There are some games where he has phoned it in and his lackadaisical approach will brive aq monk to drink, but I do have to wonder, especially during the Mourinho’s term, was he just doing exactly what he was being told to do?

So far this season I believe he has given a 100% in every game and has been our best overall performer, it is not his fault that it required a world record fee to get him back to Old Trafford. If he really didn’t want to be here it would be a relatively easy thing to throw a shit storm and get the transfer he wants.
I just can't see these good performances. He's average to good and rarely great. Surely a WR fee buys you more than this. United gambled at the top table and got burned.

He didn't give 110% in the first half against Chelsea he was fucking terrible.

....and he doesn't want to be here. Do you think he's having a laugh? The problem with the transfer is he's not worth £180 mil. Maybe Real will come back for him and he's not signing a contract extension to help out with that. He could try to have an awesome season, that'd help, he probably can't.
Lazarus
Legend

Thank god it's not just me seeing this shite...

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... -Solskjaer
Lazarus
Legend

He's been dropped from the official 2020 calendar.....
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

shite article tbf, rash absolved as being isolated , he’s shite
lkhm

hoofing