Manchester United chat
Lazarus
Legend

That's funny but Woodworm isn't...
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
danniitronix
First Teamer

Superb move.

We have no money? Lolz. Always had it, just didn't want to spend it, unlike Jose.

Back on the map? We've never broken the world transfer record ever until now unless you count selling, which we did when we so Ronaldo. Ironic that it's only with the Glazers in charge have we broken the world sponsorship and now the world transfer record.
zzzzzds
First Teamer

Well it's official now. United website confirm signing. Hopefully he brought his training kit with him.
zzzzzds
First Teamer

United statement.....

Manchester United is delighted to announce that Paul Pogba has completed his transfer from Italian club Juventus. Paul joins on a five-year contract, with the option to extend for a further year.

Paul, 23, has been with Juventus for four seasons, making 124 appearances and scoring 28 goals. He joined the Bianconeri from United in 2012.

The midfielder has been capped by France on 38 occasions, scoring 6 goals and was a member of the recent squad that reached the final of Euro 2016.

Paul Pogba said:

“I am delighted to rejoin United. It has always been a club with a special place in my heart and I am really looking forward to working with José Mourinho. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Juventus and have some fantastic memories of a great club with players that I count as friends. But I feel the time is right to go back to Old Trafford. I always enjoyed playing in front of the fans and can’t wait to make my contribution to the team. This is the right club for me to achieve everything I hope to in the game.”

José Mourinho said:

“Paul is one of the best players in the world and will be a key part of the United team I want to build here for the future. He is quick, strong, scores goals and reads the game better than many players much older than he is. At 23, he has the chance to make that position his own here over many years. He is young and will continue to improve; he has the chance to be at the heart of this club for the next decade and beyond.”
Lazarus
Legend

Good luck to him!
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
dozer
Legend

danniitronix wrote:Superb move.

We have no money? Lolz. Always had it, just didn't want to spend it, unlike Jose.

Back on the map? We've never broken the world transfer record ever until now unless you count selling, which we did when we so Ronaldo. Ironic that it's only with the Glazers in charge have we broken the world sponsorship and now the world transfer record.
But... what about the debt money which we could have spent? Because of the Glazers we could have spent 200-250 mil instead of the 100-150 we spend per season. :))

Debt has gone down fromn 760 to 322 million. And revenue and transfers (which is key for us) have only gone up; way higher than the previous owners, beating the market.
Fergie had only good things to say about the owners and they haven't interfered with the football like Abramovich.

Ticket prices? I don't know. If you arrange the costliest to the cheapest prices for all clubs, I heard that United are somewhere midtable. I'm not too sure though.

The only thing that's screwed us, has been in the last few years and that's because we've hired the wrong managers. Moyes didn't spend too much, but Van Gaal spent a lot and none of his players have done well except Blind and Martial.
dozer
Legend

So we have a music video with a rapper, an Adidas advert, some photographs and other fancy videos with Pogba in an United shirt, all of which would have taken time to make.
I think the only thing that delayed the deal was this marketing aspect of it. They were probably busy shooting vids in Miami to build the hype. More shirts sold I guess.
The deal was probably done ages ago.
sheesh
Legend

dozer wrote:

But... what about the debt money which we could have spent? Because of the Glazers we could have spent 200-250 mil instead of the 100-150 we spend per season. :))

Debt has gone down fromn 760 to 322 million. And revenue and transfers (which is key for us) have only gone up; way higher than the previous owners, beating the market.
Fergie had only good things to say about the owners and they haven't interfered with the football like Abramovich.

Ticket prices? I don't know. If you arrange the costliest to the cheapest prices for all clubs, I heard that United are somewhere midtable. I'm not too sure though.

The only thing that's screwed us, has been in the last few years and that's because we've hired the wrong managers. Moyes didn't spend too much, but Van Gaal spent a lot and none of his players have done well except Blind and Martial.
It's almost as if the parsimony we saw during the latter part of the fergie era didn't happen. Buying Owen, Obertan and Valencia in one summer (as an example) after we sold Ronaldo. The repeated 'no value' line after years of buying expensive players like Keane, Cole, Yorke, Veron, Ferdinand.

Bit of a daft time for you and Danni to be restarting old arguments, but anyway...
dozer
Legend

http://www.juventus.com/en/news/news/20 ... united.php

Juve have confirmed the Pogba fee in their site.
Juventus Football Club can today confirm that Paul Pogba has completed a move to Manchester United for a fee of €105 million to be paid in two financial years. The consideration may increase by € 5 million on achieving given conditions in the course of the duration of the contract.
That's £89m + £4m addons I guess. Apparently the fee would only have been £74m if they'd bought him before the brexit pound crash.
dozer
Legend

sheesh wrote:
dozer wrote:

It's almost as if the parsimony we saw during the latter part of the fergie era didn't happen. Buying Owen, Obertan and Valencia in one summer (as an example) after we sold Ronaldo. The repeated 'no value' line after years of buying expensive players like Keane, Cole, Yorke, Veron, Ferdinand.

Bit of a daft time for you and Danni to be restarting old arguments, but anyway...
Valencia was player of the season for the first two years.
Ronnie left because he wanted to go.
He also bought Evra and Vidic for about 5-7m each.
And in the following few seasons Fergie did spend quite a bit of money.

Fergie himself said in his autobiography that the Glazers never stopped him from buying anyone or spending money, unlike the previous owners who were a little more restrictive. Now you could say he's lying to protect his job, but if you look at how much Fergie bragged about value and having a net spend of just 5m each season over his 25+ year career at United; I think this was his own choice. Fergie's too proud and bullish to be afraid of the Glazers and he could have just shut up about it instead of repeatedly praising the owners. But yeah, he could be lying.

But the facts are, Fergie made those statements, not just in his book but in interviews. And facts are United have spent a lot more even under Fergie, and especially since. United have also had a bigger stadium, and I heard that would have been expanded to 90k if the council hadn't blocked them for whatever reasons.
The only thing that's fucked us over was the managers post Fergie and that could continue. So many bad buys and the awfully boring football on top.