Pogba Confirmed

Manchester United chat
dozer
Legend

madmax wrote:We need to calm down ffs. Pogba is fine. He hasn't been playing well but he is bloody good. Obviously there is something going on between him and Mourinho. Hope they sort it out and gets his head back in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-Uh6qJ2KnA
This was after the Liverpool game. Looks like they get along fine.
Lazarus
Legend

madmax wrote:We need to calm down ffs. Pogba is fine. He hasn't been playing well but he is bloody good. Obviously there is something going on between him and Mourinho. Hope they sort it out and gets his head back in the game.

Calm down? Calm down? Why? Cause your happy he's doing fine? He's 'bloody GOOD'...... 90 mil of GOOD, that hasn't done fuck all of note in two years. Yeah us being calm is the problem :))
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

We've a few quality players who've just done good under Jose; Rashford, Martial, Mata now Pogba. Sanchez could be another one.
Snoopcousins
Legend

Watch it Max....They won’t like that kind of reasoned talk on here ....
The consensus is...He’s shit, we r better without him, he doesn’t train hard enough coz he spends too much time in the barbers etc....

Btw I agree with you
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
FuB
Site Admin

you forgot to mention that his stats are better, Snoops.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
Snoopcousins
Legend

FuB wrote:you forgot to mention that his stats are better, Snoops.

Can you not just take my word for it...I promise they’re better! :)

I’m bringing in pre-assists and chances created etc too

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
FuB
Site Admin

to be honest, Snoops. I wouldn't mind if you'd do me the honour of actually debating it. that was why I went to the effort of grabbing and tabulating the stats I could find. your only response was to snipe at the fact I hadn't got the stats from the cup games... which I duly went off to find as well.

you've mentioned in the past a "goals/assists ratio" or something. I don't really understand what that actually says to you. to me, it merely says it's a ratio, i.e. a comparison of one number (goals) to the other (assists) and I don't really understand how you can quantify one ratio as being better than another.

for the record: I think Pogba is a great player. What I don't think is that he has really shown it. This might be difficulty in living up to the hype, Mourinho's tactics and use of him, the players around him, etc. However, the only thing I can quantify with my eyes is that he just isn't what he was going to be.
Snoopcousins
Legend

It’s too early to suggest he’s not going to be what he could be...he’s still young ....
Remember Zidane wasn’t mentioned until he was at least 27....

I hunted for the stats but couldn’t find them - I think statman Dave talked about it- at arojnd Xmas time - that his stats at utd last season were better than his last season at Juve when he got into the FIFA Team of The Year

FuB
Site Admin

No, I agree with that (although comparing him to Zidane there might come back to bite you). I do think that, at 25, he's well on the cusp of not being young anymore but I do intend to give him a bit more benefit of the doubt even if he is so bloody frustrating. what I can't really accept is people suggesting he's better than he, objectively, is right now.

do you not agree though that the stats tables I pulled out don't agree with wherever you got the stats from before? i'd be happy to have some different stats shown to me and I can't vouch for whether what I found were "right" or not. They certainly seemed above board and well referenced but I'm not really any sort of expert on football stats.
Snoopcousins
Legend

FuB wrote:No, I agree with that (although comparing him to Zidane there might come back to bite you). I do think that, at 25, he's well on the cusp of not being young anymore but I do intend to give him a bit more benefit of the doubt even if he is so bloody frustrating. what I can't really accept is people suggesting he's better than he, objectively, is right now.

do you not agree though that the stats tables I pulled out don't agree with wherever you got the stats from before? i'd be happy to have some different stats shown to me and I can't vouch for whether what I found were "right" or not. They certainly seemed above board and well referenced but I'm not really any sort of expert on football stats.

I’m content with your stats ....
I think Statman Dave used other things apart from just goals and assists....but in any case if I’m wrong I’m wrong

I just don’t see how he’s the main one getting the criticism ....he’s done well for us as far as I’m concerned this year....apart from the last few weeks ...and he’s been injured a fake bit too.

He’s got proper talent, WC talent...I know Laz disagrees but IMHO its not debatable ....

He DOES need to step up in terms of being the talisman for the team....he can’t get annoyed if others arnt the same level as him etc ...get back to bossing games ;)