Pogba Confirmed

Manchester United chat
User avatar
FuB
Legend
Posts: 5170
Joined: 3 years ago
Location: Littlewoods Data Entry Department

4 weeks ago

bman2 wrote:
4 weeks ago
Pogba’s a top player in a Mickey Mouse club. We went like gangbusters when Ole took over because he made us the Pogba team. Then in Feb, Zidane was appointed at Real and let it be known he wanted Pogba, and all the player’s heads dropped, because they knew he wanted out and knew we were shite without him.

There are legitimate concerns about Pogba — can he be consistent enough, disciplined enough? But if you’re supposed to be a CL-contender club, you probably need to replace every player before you get to Pogba and start wondering if he’s the weak link.
I said pretty much the same thing in another thread a couple of weeks back. I think you're on the money but you're wrong with the dates.

Zidane was re-appointed 11th March. We'd just pulled off the unlikely win against PSG (without Pogba) and the next game was Arsenal away (10th) where we were shite and lost 2-0. There'd already been press stories about him being re-appointed by the time of the Arsenal game and our season completely tanked from there on in with just a couple of scrappy, lucky home wins (Watford and West Ham).

I think the dates are far too well aligned for this not to be compelling.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 22700
Joined: 6 years ago

4 weeks ago

Tbf there's probably something in that, Fub

But right... if he leaves he leaves. Am over it. But who the fuck is going to be his replacement? We're not being linked with anyone. It would be a disterous move as it stands
User avatar
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend
Posts: 4739
Joined: 5 years ago

4 weeks ago

There's talk that we're refusing to sell him.

If his heads turned, he's the last player you want to keep around against his will. Just rinse Madrid or Juve for some cash and a player, and move on.
User avatar
FuB
Legend
Posts: 5170
Joined: 3 years ago
Location: Littlewoods Data Entry Department

4 weeks ago

yeah... but this is always the first response from a team that wants to, as you say, rinse the potential buyers. We're in a strong position for the most part given he has two years left to run on his contract plus an optional year.

if we do sell him, it would really help if we'd already dealt with bringing in replacements... otherwise it'll be us that gets rinsed (as usual).
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
sheesh
Legend
Posts: 2445
Joined: 3 years ago

4 weeks ago

Usual caveat that this article is from the Daily Mail, but wouldn't surprise anyone if true:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... fford.html
fat maradona
First Teamer
Posts: 346
Joined: 5 years ago

4 weeks ago

Sid wrote:
4 weeks ago
Tbf there's probably something in that, Fub

But right... if he leaves he leaves. Am over it. But who the fuck is going to be his replacement? We're not being linked with anyone. It would be a disterous move as it stands
Ok, so he was our best player but annoyingly inconsistent. We all say, 'Imagine if he played well every game, we'd be fucking awesome'. Reality is that Pogba isn't going to give you consistency. Why try and keep him, against his will, by offering him £500k p/w. Better off selling him for £120m and investing that money into other areas of the team as well as a replacement midfielder. So what that we lose our best, most inconsistent, player when we can have someone who does 65% of the job he does and then have a much better right winger.
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 22700
Joined: 6 years ago

4 weeks ago

fat maradona wrote:
4 weeks ago
Sid wrote:
4 weeks ago
Tbf there's probably something in that, Fub

But right... if he leaves he leaves. Am over it. But who the fuck is going to be his replacement? We're not being linked with anyone. It would be a disterous move as it stands
Ok, so he was our best player but annoyingly inconsistent. We all say, 'Imagine if he played well every game, we'd be fucking awesome'. Reality is that Pogba isn't going to give you consistency. Why try and keep him, against his will, by offering him £500k p/w. Better off selling him for £120m and investing that money into other areas of the team as well as a replacement midfielder. So what that we lose our best, most inconsistent, player when we can have someone who does 65% of the job he does and then have a much better right winger.
Can you trust Ed to invest the money wisely though? I'd be fine with Pog leaving if we were being linked with quality replacements, like last season when we were linked with Milinkovic Savic. And a cunt like Pepe for the left. But it's all gone quiet with those two - and everybody else.

Without Herrera and Pogba the midfield is oafish, hoofy as fuck, slow as fuck and fucking dumb. It needs pace, energy, ideas and above everything tech fucking nique. Players that can play under pressure, because Joses hoofers, Matic and Fred, melt.
fat maradona
First Teamer
Posts: 346
Joined: 5 years ago

4 weeks ago

Sid wrote:
4 weeks ago
fat maradona wrote:
4 weeks ago
Sid wrote:
4 weeks ago
Tbf there's probably something in that, Fub

But right... if he leaves he leaves. Am over it. But who the fuck is going to be his replacement? We're not being linked with anyone. It would be a disterous move as it stands
Ok, so he was our best player but annoyingly inconsistent. We all say, 'Imagine if he played well every game, we'd be fucking awesome'. Reality is that Pogba isn't going to give you consistency. Why try and keep him, against his will, by offering him £500k p/w. Better off selling him for £120m and investing that money into other areas of the team as well as a replacement midfielder. So what that we lose our best, most inconsistent, player when we can have someone who does 65% of the job he does and then have a much better right winger.
Can you trust Ed to invest the money wisely though? I'd be fine with Pog leaving if we were being linked with quality replacements, like last season when we were linked with Milinkovic Savic. And a cunt like Pepe for the left. But it's all gone quiet with those two - and everybody else.

Without Herrera and Pogba the midfield is oafish, hoofy as fuck, slow as fuck and fucking dumb. It needs pace, energy, ideas and above everything tech fucking nique. Players that can play under pressure, because Joses hoofers, Matic and Fred, melt.
tbf to Ole, some of the names being mentioned (Maddison & Rice) for a new look midfield are all decent players. I don't think Ole will have much time for Matic, preferring McTom over him. And I think Fred might come half good this season...well, I fucking hope he does for the money paid for him.
User avatar
FuB
Legend
Posts: 5170
Joined: 3 years ago
Location: Littlewoods Data Entry Department

4 weeks ago

fat maradona wrote:
4 weeks ago
Sid wrote:
4 weeks ago
fat maradona wrote:
4 weeks ago
Sid wrote:
4 weeks ago
Tbf there's probably something in that, Fub

But right... if he leaves he leaves. Am over it. But who the fuck is going to be his replacement? We're not being linked with anyone. It would be a disterous move as it stands
Ok, so he was our best player but annoyingly inconsistent. We all say, 'Imagine if he played well every game, we'd be fucking awesome'. Reality is that Pogba isn't going to give you consistency. Why try and keep him, against his will, by offering him £500k p/w. Better off selling him for £120m and investing that money into other areas of the team as well as a replacement midfielder. So what that we lose our best, most inconsistent, player when we can have someone who does 65% of the job he does and then have a much better right winger.
Can you trust Ed to invest the money wisely though? I'd be fine with Pog leaving if we were being linked with quality replacements, like last season when we were linked with Milinkovic Savic. And a cunt like Pepe for the left. But it's all gone quiet with those two - and everybody else.

Without Herrera and Pogba the midfield is oafish, hoofy as fuck, slow as fuck and fucking dumb. It needs pace, energy, ideas and above everything tech fucking nique. Players that can play under pressure, because Joses hoofers, Matic and Fred, melt.
tbf to Ole, some of the names being mentioned (Maddison & Rice) for a new look midfield are all decent players. I don't think Ole will have much time for Matic, preferring McTom over him. And I think Fred might come half good this season...well, I fucking hope he does for the money paid for him.
This didn't seem to be the case towards the end of last season. matic seemed to be one of the first names on the team sheet and we suffered as a result.

I also hope Fred comes good but it really didn't look like Ole rated him because, when all others were fit, he was always dropped to the bench.

@Sid... I'm not sure I would call Fred one of Jose's hoofers based on what I saw last season. I'm not sure I could come up with any other definition based on the small cameos he played, though.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
User avatar
Lazarus
Legend
Posts: 15146
Joined: 6 years ago

4 weeks ago

£500K a week. 2 Mill a month??????? We haven't had 2 mill of value out of him in 3 years.......
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Post Reply