Pogba Confirmed

Manchester United chat
Steggo
Legend
Posts: 1721
Joined: 5 years ago

3 weeks ago

Lazarus wrote:
3 weeks ago
£500K a week. 2 Mill a month??????? We haven't had 2 mill of value out of him in 3 years.......
You can pay him a million a week but his commitment to the club isn’t going be any greater, his influence on the field will still be intermittent but his negative influence in the dressing move will increase. Offering him more money is not a good move, unless it’s a message to our ‘transfer’ targets.
Get rid of him!
User avatar
FuB
Legend
Posts: 5170
Joined: 3 years ago
Location: Littlewoods Data Entry Department

3 weeks ago

Steggo wrote:
3 weeks ago
Lazarus wrote:
3 weeks ago
£500K a week. 2 Mill a month??????? We haven't had 2 mill of value out of him in 3 years.......
You can pay him a million a week but his commitment to the club isn’t going be any greater, his influence on the field will still be intermittent but his negative influence in the dressing move will increase. Offering him more money is not a good move, unless it’s a message to our ‘transfer’ targets.
Get rid of him!
Why would we need to offer him more money anyway? 2 years +1 on his current contract.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
User avatar
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend
Posts: 4877
Joined: 6 years ago

3 weeks ago

fred is shite tbf, weak and thick as shite on the ball

he’ll play 50 games next season
lkhm

hoofing
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 22697
Joined: 6 years ago

3 weeks ago

FuB wrote:
3 weeks ago
fat maradona wrote:
3 weeks ago
Sid wrote:
3 weeks ago
fat maradona wrote:
3 weeks ago
Sid wrote:
4 weeks ago
Tbf there's probably something in that, Fub

But right... if he leaves he leaves. Am over it. But who the fuck is going to be his replacement? We're not being linked with anyone. It would be a disterous move as it stands
Ok, so he was our best player but annoyingly inconsistent. We all say, 'Imagine if he played well every game, we'd be fucking awesome'. Reality is that Pogba isn't going to give you consistency. Why try and keep him, against his will, by offering him £500k p/w. Better off selling him for £120m and investing that money into other areas of the team as well as a replacement midfielder. So what that we lose our best, most inconsistent, player when we can have someone who does 65% of the job he does and then have a much better right winger.
Can you trust Ed to invest the money wisely though? I'd be fine with Pog leaving if we were being linked with quality replacements, like last season when we were linked with Milinkovic Savic. And a cunt like Pepe for the left. But it's all gone quiet with those two - and everybody else.

Without Herrera and Pogba the midfield is oafish, hoofy as fuck, slow as fuck and fucking dumb. It needs pace, energy, ideas and above everything tech fucking nique. Players that can play under pressure, because Joses hoofers, Matic and Fred, melt.
tbf to Ole, some of the names being mentioned (Maddison & Rice) for a new look midfield are all decent players. I don't think Ole will have much time for Matic, preferring McTom over him. And I think Fred might come half good this season...well, I fucking hope he does for the money paid for him.
This didn't seem to be the case towards the end of last season. matic seemed to be one of the first names on the team sheet and we suffered as a result.

I also hope Fred comes good but it really didn't look like Ole rated him because, when all others were fit, he was always dropped to the bench.

@Sid... I'm not sure I would call Fred one of Jose's hoofers based on what I saw last season. I'm not sure I could come up with any other definition based on the small cameos he played, though.
Well he sat in front of the defence and hoofed it quite a lot. I'm sure that's not his game, but yeah like you say does anybody actually know what his game is, including Ed and Jose who bought him?

One thing's for sure he can't play in front of the back 4 and handle being pressed, because at least 3 times he got caught and each time it led to a goal
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 6739
Joined: 6 years ago

3 weeks ago

I'm hoping for a second season renaissance from Fred, but it's a fairly desperate hope. Didn't see much evidence that it's coming in his few appearances.

Sounds like Lukaku is definitely off. Makes it less likely the club will be willing to sell Pogba, too much to do in one summer. We need a significant signing in the attack, someone who will bring goals.
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 22697
Joined: 6 years ago

3 weeks ago

Steggo wrote:
3 weeks ago
Lazarus wrote:
3 weeks ago
£500K a week. 2 Mill a month??????? We haven't had 2 mill of value out of him in 3 years.......
You can pay him a million a week but his commitment to the club isn’t going be any greater, his influence on the field will still be intermittent but his negative influence in the dressing move will increase. Offering him more money is not a good move, unless it’s a message to our ‘transfer’ targets.
Get rid of him!
Offering him more money is cheaper than replacing him though. To get someone of his quality and commercial profile you're talking 100m or more, easily. In terms of fame he's up there with Neymar and Messi.

This is another thing shitly run clubs do; keep players that want to leave because it's easier and cheaper to throw money at them than sign a replacement
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 6739
Joined: 6 years ago

3 weeks ago

The best option might be to pay Pogba more to stay on another year. Real's hierarchy don't seem fully convinced and don't want to/can't pay the needed amount. We don't need yet another big change to handle this summer. Logic says it's best for all concerned -- Utd, Real, Pogba -- if he knuckles down for a season and shows he's the real deal. Then Real will make him their top priority next summer and hopefully we'll have restored some of our positive buzz and are better positioned to replace him.
User avatar
FuB
Legend
Posts: 5170
Joined: 3 years ago
Location: Littlewoods Data Entry Department

3 weeks ago

bman2 wrote:
3 weeks ago
The best option might be to pay Pogba more to stay on another year. Real's hierarchy don't seem fully convinced and don't want to/can't pay the needed amount. We don't need yet another big change to handle this summer. Logic says it's best for all concerned -- Utd, Real, Pogba -- if he knuckles down for a season and shows he's the real deal. Then Real will make him their top priority next summer and hopefully we'll have restored some of our positive buzz and are better positioned to replace him.
if...

I get both your point and Sid's point but we don't actually need to pay the cunt more to get another season out of him where we can all wonder IF he might actually not be generally disappointing. If we have to pay him more to persuade him to actually honour even his current contract then well, er… fuck him. How many more Sanchez stories do we want to spiral our wage bill even more out of control?

I'd say it's more likely him and his agent have pulled this story out their arses to essentially make a snide wage demand of Real or PSG or whichever (let's be fair, very limited choice here) club can afford him.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
User avatar
Robbo
Legend
Posts: 1190
Joined: 6 years ago

3 weeks ago

If United pay Pogba 500,000 pounds a week the I will be showing no interest in what or how United do next season, the cunt is angling for a move to Real then give it because mark my words he will cause even more unrest next season, all the he is interested in is his brand and himself.
-----------------------------------------------------
User avatar
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend
Posts: 4738
Joined: 5 years ago

3 weeks ago

Robbo wrote:
3 weeks ago
If United pay Pogba 500,000 pounds a week the I will be showing no interest in what or how United do next season, the cunt is angling for a move to Real then give it because mark my words he will cause even more unrest next season, all the he is interested in is his brand and himself.

I'm with you. Itd be so misguided in so many ways. Not only would it prove (again) that we're run like a shit show, it'd be rewarding someone who's fluttered his eyelashes elsewhere since he arrived. And it'd demonstrate a complete disconnect with the fans - who've started to turn on the likes of Pogba and Lingard for all the celebrity bollocks without doing much in the shirt.
Post Reply