Angel Gomes - The next Iniesta

Manchester United chat
jason_uk
First Teamer

3 months ago

So looks like he's a goner, can't really blame him to be fair, 19 minutes of PL football this season.

Have a feeling the club could look back on this one with some regret, who knows, too much talent for him not to come good.

Be interesting to see where he ends up next.
FuB
Legend

3 months ago

at least we'll all finally get to see how good he is... at another club
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

I can’t say he ever looked ready when I saw him, so I’m not that bothered right now, but maybe he just needs more time and opportunities.
jason_uk
First Teamer

2 months ago

So gomes left due to lack of first team opportunitys, to join lille, and then be shipped out on loan for the season... very bizarre!
fat maradona
Star Man

2 months ago

bman2 wrote:
3 months ago
I can’t say he ever looked ready when I saw him, so I’m not that bothered right now, but maybe he just needs more time and opportunities.
That seems to be the general opinion. He was gvien his chances, not that many mind, and he never looked liked he had convinced Ole or anyone else.

Having previously worked with someone who used to be an Academy lad (from the same bunch as the class of '92), he never made it because of injury, he would tell me tales about how good some of the lads were but just didn't have what it took to take it to the next level. We all know about Ravel, remember Macheda and Januzaj? I really hope Gomes makes it as a top player but we will have to wait and see.
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

fat maradona wrote:
2 months ago
bman2 wrote:
3 months ago
That seems to be the general opinion. He was gvien his chances, not that many mind, and he never looked liked he had convinced Ole or anyone else.

Having previously worked with someone who used to be an Academy lad (from the same bunch as the class of '92), he never made it because of injury, he would tell me tales about how good some of the lads were but just didn't have what it took to take it to the next level. We all know about Ravel, remember Macheda and Januzaj? I really hope Gomes makes it as a top player but we will have to wait and see.
Good for him if he kicks on and makes it. You’re always going to have a few good players in your academy that you let go, because ultimately training them has to take second place to winning things. If a player is too keen to prove himself to wait around for more seasons, that’s admirable.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

They didn't think Rashford had what it took until he hit the first team
fat maradona
Star Man

1 month ago

Made his debut the other day. Good range of passing and made 2 assists. Regardless of opposition, he showed good recycling of the ball.

Sid
Legend

1 month ago

You can tell he's quality in that vid. But the standard of football is shite.

About his height, Xavi, Iniesta, Sterling etc have no problem being small. You just have to be good. Their height even aids them in some situations. They turn oafs like Maguire and Static with ease. We should have kept him.