crossing dross

Manchester United chat
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

7 years ago

I've a theory about why there was such a ridiculous amount of crosses...

Moyes knew Fulham were going to park the bus, and put 10 men behind the ball... he's never had to deal with teams parking the bus against him before... and he simply doesn't know how to deal with that... get it wide and cross it in was his solution...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Snoopcousins
Legend

7 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:I've a theory about why there was such a ridiculous amount of crosses...

Moyes knew Fulham were going to park the bus, and put 10 men behind the ball... he's never had to deal with teams parking the bus against him before... and he simply doesn't know how to deal with that... get it wide and cross it in was his solution...
True.....
But it's his standard play/tactic against every team we face...him and Neville don't have a clue how to play intricate modern football
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Sid
Legend

7 years ago

Yeah, we've been relying on crossing all season really. It's gotten worse as the players spend more time learning Moyes' training, tactics, style

Against Swansea, the first game of the season, we looked diverse, interesting, a threat from different areas. But that variety has been irradicated now Moyes has had em for 5 or 6 months

It's something that has got progressively worse. You can almost track it game after game
danniitronix
Legend

7 years ago

Sid wrote:Yeah, we've been relying on crossing all season really. It's gotten worse as the players spend more time learning Moyes' training, tactics, style

Against Swansea, the first game of the season, we looked diverse, interesting, a threat from different areas. But that variety has been irradicated now Moyes has had em for 5 or 6 months

It's something that has got progressively worse. You can almost track it game after game
This media attention on the crossing fallacy is brilliant. Gollum's reference to it being a positive in his press conferences is the ultimate expression of delusion. To think that the amount of crosses correlates to a great performance is lunacy.

If I shag twenty biffers does that make me brad pitt, ffs. It's illogical and desparate. He can't possibly believe it to be true. He must be chatting shit to defend the result just like Taggart and other managers.

He's a tactical buffon who is tarting to beleive his own horseshit.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

7 years ago

Worringly, I think he does believe it. He's from the school of managers who believes the more crosses you lump in, the more likely you are to score goals.

He's fucking clueless.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

7 years ago

crossing dross
lkhm

hoofing
Lazarus
Legend

7 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:crossing dross

What you doing using my Da as your new avatar? Weird…...
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
RobDiablo
Legend

7 years ago

Lazarus wrote:What you doing using my Da as your new avatar? Weird…...
Storm Saxon is your Da?
Lazarus
Legend

7 years ago

RobDiablo wrote:
Storm Saxon is your Da?
Big Len is my da, who is Storm Saxon???
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
RobDiablo
Legend

7 years ago

Lazarus wrote:
RobDiablo wrote:
Storm Saxon is your Da?
Big Len is my da, who is Storm Saxon???
A character from the television program playing in the background of V for Vendetta (both the comic and the film).