Lingard.

Manchester United chat
dozer
Legend

3 years ago

My dad who doesn't watch football much was at home yesterday. He wasn't watching the game much.
He asks me sometime during the game if Lingard was Man Utd's best player.
Why? Because he kept hearing the commentator say Lingard all the time.

Made me think. Lingard was very good yesterday, but it looks like he sees a lot of the ball and the players seem to trust him enough to give him the ball.
Worth being a squaddie then I suppose.
How badly is Martial doing that he's being kept out by Lingard?
Snoopcousins
Legend

3 years ago

dozer wrote:My dad who doesn't watch football much was at home yesterday. He wasn't watching the game much.
He asks me sometime during the game if Lingard was Man Utd's best player.
Why? Because he kept hearing the commentator say Lingard all the time.

Made me think. Lingard was very good yesterday, but it looks like he sees a lot of the ball and the players seem to trust him enough to give him the ball.
Worth being a squaddie then I suppose.
How badly is Martial doing that he's being kept out by Lingard?
Has Davel hacked your account ?!
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Jose likes him because he runs himself into the ground and is tidy enough always going forward
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
pint vulger
Legend

3 years ago

Discussion yesterday ,Jessie or Sane ? And i was amazed at the numbers who went for the City player. For me Lindgards brilliant goals at Wembley prove hes the kid for the big games ,Sane is pundits flavour of the month and atm overated imo ,but may turn out decent.
swampash
Legend

3 years ago

No way pint. Sane was an inspired buy, imho. Kid is going to be a real star.
Along with Kimmich...
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Mane now would do lol.

Would say Jesus looks the part over all of them tbf

Lingard was the first one to draw a proper save yesterday wasn't he? His recent figures aren't that impressive but whose are bar Zlatan and that's all you get from him, I'm not slagging him off, he's 35 and going to hit 35 goals easy, can't teach that, but when he doesn't score nobody else in this Jose side and our style of play looks like ripping up trees bar Mickey T if you give him a run of games, especially if you played him at 10 but I still think the only team the team looks like a proper team is in a 433.

Otherwise Pogba does fuck all, Herrera has to get the nasty head on otherwise we lose the midfield against decent sides and we end up far too deep at the end of games we are winning
swampash
Legend

3 years ago

I'm starting to like Rojo's attitude, the more I see of him...
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

swampash wrote:I'm starting to like Rojo's attitude, the more I see of him...

He is a nasty fucker but not to his team mates and he backs it up, plus he backs up his team mates which I like. Far too many times over the last 3 or 4 years, we give a free kick away and 3 or 4 of their players are over bullying the fuck out of the likes of Rashford or another youngster for a genuine fuck all in it really mistimed challenge.

I remember it happening to Rashford and Zlatan and Rooney weren't playing so the only cunt who got stuck in was Lingard.

Herrera will back you up if he's not too far away.

Again that was one thing I liked about Evans over Smalling or Jones, never let his team mates get pushed about.

You need a wee bit of aggro still in the game.

But aye Rojo isn't a bad squad cb and I wouldn't like to get into a row with him.
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

Rojo's hopeless on the left or right but he's alright at centreback
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Yeah tbf Herrera is hopeless at on and tv but he got a run out last week there lol, still a decent player in midfield.

If Young hadn't got injured and we did a proper shuffle, I think Herrera would have finished the game at full back ffs.

Also Young at lb or wide forward, not at RB, just play an actual full back like Darmian who at least knows the position if he isn't great still!