Lingard.

Manchester United chat
swampash
Legend

3 years ago

I'm expecting Darmian to be one of those shipped out this summer.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

I think we'll bring in three maybe four players at various levels/stages of their careers.

But City will spend again, Chelsea will add another top striker and a cb of another wb to boost them, Liverpool will sign a full back and a midfielder and if Wenger stays he's going to have to spend to appease the fans and if it's a new man, he'll be expecting dough.

So we are already struggling because our squad is small compared to some of the others and the fact we've the Euro Vase but we've shipped out a few good kids on loan so we'll need to see if they are going to come back but people are dreaming if they think just because we buy 3 or 4 players that that means Young Fellani Darmian Blind Carrick obviously not now but until last week, Lingard, Martial Jones and or Smalling. Bearing in mind big Dave will probably leave and Rooney and Carrick might retire. If we ship out even another 3 our squad will be fucked. He's going to have to do better with what he's got to start with then 3 or 4 players will boost the team. We've already flogged a winger and two cmfs ffs, we need to replace the retiring players/then the likes of Rooney just to get the numbers up!
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

We've got about 18 points and about 9 wins to make up on Chelsea let alone the other 4 clubs who like you say will all spend as well and compete for the players we want along with Madrid, Barca and PSG

And we've not progressed at all this season, we've just gone backwards, drawn more, scored less, still massively disorganised in april ffs, one player wins us games and gets us back into games... It's shite

Big ask to win a major trophy next season, but fans will be expecting, it's been 4 years without a title challenge...
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

I'd sign a top cdm, top top priority, a cb, then you've Bailley Rojo new cb and the kids, he'll keep Smalling and/or Jones but I'd play them in cup games/injuries only.

Another midfielder to back up and strengthen and compete with Herrera and Pogba.

A left sided winger/wide forward would be nice as well. No point signing a striker and not playing them, he's gonna have to trust some of the kids like Fosu and Tuanzabe and see if they can nail down even a back up cb/rb.

Shaw just needs an arm round the shoulder and played when he's fit and he'll be fine.

To call Jose and ask for talks then actually persuading him to start to bring him back in to the fold shows the kids got the mental fortitude.

No point signing a top striker if Zlatans still here.

Right side upfront you've Mickey T and Mata.

Left side again a top player would be nice but he might just decide to start Lingard and make him his first choice there.
dozer
Legend

3 years ago

Herrera is just a Darren Fletcher to me. We keep replacing Fletcher so many times in the last few seasons. Herrera's not someone any big club would consider buying.
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

dozer wrote:Herrera is just a Darren Fletcher to me. We keep replacing Fletcher so many times in the last few seasons. Herrera's not someone any big club would consider buying.

He's currently our best midfielder ffs, take that whatever way you want. That's why I want another box to box midfielder as well as a cdm
dozer
Legend

3 years ago

redzebs wrote:
dozer wrote:Herrera is just a Darren Fletcher to me. We keep replacing Fletcher so many times in the last few seasons. Herrera's not someone any big club would consider buying.

He's currently our best midfielder ffs, take that whatever way you want. That's why I want another box to box midfielder as well as a cdm
Pogba is our best midfielder. Then Fellaini and Carrick. Herrera is Fletcher mate. Good at everything and good for nothing.
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Fuck me, ok mate, no probs.
swampash
Legend

3 years ago

dozer wrote:
redzebs wrote:

Pogba is our best midfielder. Then Fellaini and Carrick. Herrera is Fletcher mate. Good at everything and good for nothing.
Err, no.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
marlon
Legend

3 years ago

redzebs wrote:I think we'll bring in three maybe four players at various levels/stages of their careers.

But City will spend again, Chelsea will add another top striker and a cb of another wb to boost them, Liverpool will sign a full back and a midfielder and if Wenger stays he's going to have to spend to appease the fans and if it's a new man, he'll be expecting dough.

So we are already struggling because our squad is small compared to some of the others and the fact we've the Euro Vase but we've shipped out a few good kids on loan so we'll need to see if they are going to come back but people are dreaming if they think just because we buy 3 or 4 players that that means Young Fellani Darmian Blind Carrick obviously not now but until last week, Lingard, Martial Jones and or Smalling. Bearing in mind big Dave will probably leave and Rooney and Carrick might retire. If we ship out even another 3 our squad will be fucked. He's going to have to do better with what he's got to start with then 3 or 4 players will boost the team. We've already flogged a winger and two cmfs ffs, we need to replace the retiring players/then the likes of Rooney just to get the numbers up!
In terms of other teams, we could be in a better position. Costa still sounds like he wants to leave and Madrid are after Hazard. If we hold on to Dave they might have a go at Courtois too. Plus Chelsea will have european football next season which makes a big difference in the league, so even if they have a good summer, they're running to stand still. They've basically used a squad of 14 in the league all season. Same goes for Liverpool, who already tailed off without any european football. And again, beyond their 1st XI, their depth is Klavan, Lucas, Origi and some kids. Spurs already have a good, settled squad, but they can't compete with us on transfers or wages, especially with the new stadium. Looks like Sanchez and Ozil could leave and let's be honest, if we're competing with them, we're not winning anything. City are the real threat next season, but even they need to rebuild their defence including the keeper and their midfield is getting old too.

We actually have a massive squad. We've had 19 players start at least 10 league games this season and that's not including Shaw or Rooney (yet). For comparison, excluding City, the rest of the top 6 have 12-14 players with more than 10 starts. I'm sure everyone's going to say they're dross, but we just don't get to see the other teams' dross. There's nothing wrong with our depth. Bit more quality at the top and we'll be fine.