Herrera aka The New Fletcher

Manchester United chat
redzebs
Legend

1 year ago

Can't believe this wee fucker never got his own thread!!

I rate him, added some nice link up play with Mata under LVG, now he can do the running in a Carrick Pogba Herrera 3,

Does the number 6 job when Carrick not playing, did well marking Hazard out.

Offered a new £125k contract and he's only 27, in his prime, more than happy with that!
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
marlon
Legend

1 year ago

Should be captain
dozer
Legend

1 year ago

Club legend.
If we hadn't got him which other clubs would have been bidding for him?
Would he improve Real, Barca, Bayern, Chelsea, City and Juve?
redzebs
Legend

1 year ago

dozer wrote:Club legend.
Why do you always have to be a sarky little bitch?

Would Fellani? No, but that's doesn't stop me singing his praises from the fuckin rooftops about how much better he looks under Jose.

Oh and would on his best days walk into the Chelsea team ahead of Fabregas, City ahead of Fernando (think they thought Fernandinho had a brother and were signing siblings), Barca? Haha, are you kidding me? They have three superstars upfront and an ageing Iniesta, their summer signings ain't getting it done, would he walk in ahead of Gomes and Mascherano who's has to be brought back into the middle at times and considering they are a Spanish club who would suit his style of play, yes.

Madrid and Bayern have an embarrassment of riches but Swampy seems to think the kid Kimmich is gettable and Lahms played in midfield because he's very good there but he's retiring so a young Spanish quick, tackling, box to box midfielder who can also play 6 8 10 or anywhere in a 3 man midfield, yeah he'd make the squad, Id say easy enough.

Juventus lost Vidal Pirlo and Pogba but under a decent coach, they have Khediera, Pjanic, Marchesio, who some woukd argue was always the main lynch pin in that midfield and their big €18 mill signing Asamoah. The point is do I think Herrera in those sides would not only look better, but play better given they are all top teams and cohesive units, apart from maybe Barca who have worried about MSN upfront too much, though Rakitic isn't bad tbf.

Bearing in mind Juventus have a 33 year old Alves playing for them and Evra who was written off for the last two years off his United career as a dying force, couldn't defend,

Is still playing for France, left us, went to Juventus and won trophies and played in a fuckin champions league final, his fifth one by my counting?

So yeah, I'm going to use the argument that gets players Carte Blanche, yeah he's a very neat, tidy player who can defend and attack, and has a bit of bite when needed but the team is shite apparantly so it's hard to see his best.

Must be doing something right tobget called up into the Spanish National team

Glad you made that tires old arguments because it actually is Bollocks. The above bar Real would have him in the squad, yeah.

Funny despite only starting 23 league matches this season he's been official motm 5 times, let's Chuck in his sub abbearances (2) which although should help your argument, still means he's been motm, considering some of the games we lost and certainly drawn against teams we should have beaten with their players and playing in the same team as Pogba and Zlatan, he's still got the motm in 20% of league games he's played in despite being played out of his favourite position quite a few times.

I think the only thing your cliche has done, is it has shown us we need more than Pogba Herrera Carrick and Fellani given their differing styles and Carricks age to form an effective cohesive unit that runs games, controls things and creates chances and chips in with goals.

Also worth noting that when he arrived in his first season at 24 and played in a more attacking midfielder role in a 3, he only played 31 times and scored 8 goals.

Which considering the flak that squad has taken and how apparantly it still now despite money spent needs an overhaul and that was his debut season, was pretty fuckin good.

Since then he's been used in a two, when used in a 3 he's expected to do the running as Carrick can't do it anymore and Pogba is the one with the licence to roam, his overall games improved, he's learnt the 6 role and can man mark players now to much aplomb.

He cost fuck all in today's money and he's only now going to get a rise to £125k, haven't heard a peep either about new contracts from him and being on more of a par with other squad members pay wise.

Only things he comes with are he can't rest on his laurels, trying to learn what he can from other great squad players and helping younger ones with their game and being there for them. Plus Fergie even admitted he really wanted to sign him the season before he left.

So yeah, hats off, all the materials for a future captain, for all his size, he has that don't back down streak in him and always backs his team mates up.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

1 year ago

I like Herrera... top quality squaddie... but a club that wants to be kings of Europe should have better in the starting 11...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
dozer
Legend

1 year ago

redzebs wrote:
dozer wrote:Club legend.
Why do you always have to be a sarky little bitch?

Would Fellani? No, but that's doesn't stop me singing his praises from the fuckin rooftops about how much better he looks under Jose.

Oh and would on his best days walk into the Chelsea team ahead of Fabregas, City ahead of Fernando (think they thought Fernandinho had a brother and were signing siblings), Barca? Haha, are you kidding me? They have three superstars upfront and an ageing Iniesta, their summer signings ain't getting it done, would he walk in ahead of Gomes and Mascherano who's has to be brought back into the middle at times and considering they are a Spanish club who would suit his style of play, yes.

Madrid and Bayern have an embarrassment of riches but Swampy seems to think the kid Kimmich is gettable and Lahms played in midfield because he's very good there but he's retiring so a young Spanish quick, tackling, box to box midfielder who can also play 6 8 10 or anywhere in a 3 man midfield, yeah he'd make the squad, Id say easy enough.

Juventus lost Vidal Pirlo and Pogba but under a decent coach, they have Khediera, Pjanic, Marchesio, who some woukd argue was always the main lynch pin in that midfield and their big €18 mill signing Asamoah. The point is do I think Herrera in those sides would not only look better, but play better given they are all top teams and cohesive units, apart from maybe Barca who have worried about MSN upfront too much, though Rakitic isn't bad tbf.

Bearing in mind Juventus have a 33 year old Alves playing for them and Evra who was written off for the last two years off his United career as a dying force, couldn't defend,

Is still playing for France, left us, went to Juventus and won trophies and played in a fuckin champions league final, his fifth one by my counting?

So yeah, I'm going to use the argument that gets players Carte Blanche, yeah he's a very neat, tidy player who can defend and attack, and has a bit of bite when needed but the team is shite apparantly so it's hard to see his best.

Must be doing something right tobget called up into the Spanish National team

Glad you made that tires old arguments because it actually is Bollocks. The above bar Real would have him in the squad, yeah.

Funny despite only starting 23 league matches this season he's been official motm 5 times, let's Chuck in his sub abbearances (2) which although should help your argument, still means he's been motm, considering some of the games we lost and certainly drawn against teams we should have beaten with their players and playing in the same team as Pogba and Zlatan, he's still got the motm in 20% of league games he's played in despite being played out of his favourite position quite a few times.

I think the only thing your cliche has done, is it has shown us we need more than Pogba Herrera Carrick and Fellani given their differing styles and Carricks age to form an effective cohesive unit that runs games, controls things and creates chances and chips in with goals.

Also worth noting that when he arrived in his first season at 24 and played in a more attacking midfielder role in a 3, he only played 31 times and scored 8 goals.

Which considering the flak that squad has taken and how apparantly it still now despite money spent needs an overhaul and that was his debut season, was pretty fuckin good.

Since then he's been used in a two, when used in a 3 he's expected to do the running as Carrick can't do it anymore and Pogba is the one with the licence to roam, his overall games improved, he's learnt the 6 role and can man mark players now to much aplomb.

He cost fuck all in today's money and he's only now going to get a rise to £125k, haven't heard a peep either about new contracts from him and being on more of a par with other squad members pay wise.

Only things he comes with are he can't rest on his laurels, trying to learn what he can from other great squad players and helping younger ones with their game and being there for them. Plus Fergie even admitted he really wanted to sign him the season before he left.

So yeah, hats off, all the materials for a future captain, for all his size, he has that don't back down streak in him and always backs his team mates up.
So to sum it up, you're saying he's like Fletcher then. Agreed.
pint vulger
Legend

1 year ago

The odd decent game ,mainly contributes very little,ideal game for him Sunday, do the same to Silva next Thursday.
Chorus line.
swampash
Legend

1 year ago

Our best midfielder, no question.
Could we buy someone better? Maybe - but that's really beyond the point.
We should be glad we have him and give him due credit for what he does.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
swampash
Legend

1 year ago

pint vulger wrote:The odd decent game ,mainly contributes very little,ideal game for him Sunday, do the same to Silva next Thursday.
Chorus line.
Do you really believe the twaddle you post here, or is it just a wind up?
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

Another one of the "dross" being signed up