Victor Lindelof

Manchester United chat
redzebs
Legend

6 months ago

Not exactly the same thing Harry, did we already have quality young defenders coming through back then, I've no outstanding recollection but things have moved on and Fosu Mensah and Tuanzabe for me should easily be in a first team squad.

He might come really good but the only decent touches I saw him have last night were near in midfield like hitting a decent pass to Rashford to flick it on for Lingard.

I think people not having a full go at him but questioning whether for now he is a young Swedish Blind is fair enough? Anyway Zlatan told us to sign him so let him fix the wee fucker!
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

Right now Fosu and Tuanzebe are much better than Lindelof. At worst they're consistent and do their job, at best they actually contribute more with attacking runs, crosses, a threat. They should start ahead of that useless twat.

If he doesn't settle this season then he looks like a write off. But will Jose actually play Tuanzebe or Fosu or will he go out and spend another 30/40m on another defender?
bman2
Legend

4 months ago

Jose on Lindelof after Watford:
“I think Richarlison is a very good player and a difficult player to play against but Victor is very fast and he’s adapted to play centrally but also to go to the sides because he’s got the agility that many of the central defenders don’t have. I think it was another very positive performance by Victor.”
Sid
Legend

4 months ago

Aye tbf he's had a couple of quiet games where he's not fucked up and caused any problems, just done his job. So that's promising. But we need a lot more than that. He needs to offer something Jones, Rojo and Smalling don't so we can sure up the defence.
pint vulger
Legend

4 months ago

Vidic or Evra didn't hit the ground running, not forgetting Pallister.
dozer
Legend

4 months ago

Not fucking up is something that Jones, Smalling and Rojo can't offer.
Lindelof has looked good against 2 shit teams albeit an improvement over him being shit against shit teams.
But he's looked "really" good in the last 2 games, like a seasoned defender who knows exactly where to be.
senna
Legend

4 months ago

Jones and Smalling fucks up all the time.

Smalling is a horrible leader and I'm sure if you put Lindelöf with someone who can lead he will look much better.

And he does offer something different. He can pass the ball.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 months ago

Rio was well known for fuckups back at Westham and Leeds, but there was so much raw class there, Ferguson blew a record wedge to get him... awesome business in the end.

Don't know if Lindelhof has that sort of class, but there is so much to learn about defending, they need more time to master their position... hopefully by the end of the season, we'll know if he's going to make it, but we might not know for another year or two if he's going to be one of the top defenders...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
bman2
Legend

4 months ago

Lindelof is very good on the ball and has good pace and movement. So he could bring a lot to the side, especially if we play a back three frequently. I hope it works out. I think players like him often look like fannies when they start in the PL because they're erring on the side of not giving up a penalty. They find themselves out of position against an attacker and don't know how much they can get away with.
Davel
Legend

4 months ago

ffs this was 1 game ,and to be honest wtf did he do (never fucked up) guys your really straw clutching, you can polish shit with whatever you want, its still a turd.