Legend

1 year ago

level on goals with wayne now, everton have done a job on us again tbf
lkhm

hoofing
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

1 year ago

tbf its not just that hes shite, he gives it the big bollocks in interviews on the telly with henry and that but hes wet as shite on the pitch, he got battered by the ottomanendi cunt whos a short cunt and then his head drops, wayne was right tbf hes not got it in him to play for a big club for me, fucking fanny
lkhm

hoofing
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

5 months ago

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

3 months ago

I’m lost for words. A professional footballer...at United... for £75 million.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

He was still a better shout than Morata though. Lukaku is what he is. His control and first touch aren't great, but in other respects he's an excellent striker. United's 9 should have more quality and a lot more cutting edge, but for the time being I'd say that the position is for from the top of our worries. Defense is a shambles, right wing doesn't exist, and so on. If we were a side that was consistently creating more quality chances, Lukaku would rack up a lot of goals. And if it got to the point that we were spending big money to replace him, I'd be delighted, because it would mean the rest of the side was in good shape.

But he's never going to be the player that makes the difference in a tight, tense game against top opposition, the way a Persie, Rooney, or Ruud so often did.
Felwin
First Teamer

3 months ago

A very fair assessment bman. Missing in the warm up is about as inconsequential as it gets. Who can say what that means about him?

The fact is he’s a predator when he’s given consistent chances. Unfair to compare him to some of those silkier players who probably were better but also never had the pressure and negativity surrounding them that Lukaku has for at least half of his time at the club.

It’s all about what the next manger can get out of him now, Jose’s goose is cooked in terms of getting a tune out of these players.
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

He was the only remotely shithouse striker available to play Jose's dogshit football, so we had to buy him

If we played modern football we could look at othe types of forwards like City and Liverpool, or utilise Martial or Rashford more, but alas
marlon
Legend

3 months ago

90 million wasn't it? But Lacazette and Morata haven't worked out any better. Belotti turned out to be shit. Aubameyang would've been better but I guess they didnt want to spend that much on an older player. Griezmann/Dybala/Icardi didn't move. Also worth remembering Lukaku scored more in his last season for Everton than any of those players did last season (in their leagues). And I don't think any of those players are so much better that our attack would've suddenly looked competent.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

3 months ago

hes one of the worst line leaders we’be had
lkhm

hoofing
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

marlon wrote:
3 months ago
90 million wasn't it? But Lacazette and Morata haven't worked out any better. Belotti turned out to be shit. Aubameyang would've been better but I guess they didnt want to spend that much on an older player. Griezmann/Dybala/Icardi didn't move. Also worth remembering Lukaku scored more in his last season for Everton than any of those players did last season (in their leagues). And I don't think any of those players are so much better that our attack would've suddenly looked competent.
They're different players that play in different systems. You buy the right player for the right system. There were a couple of top shithouses that can play too, like Lewandowski, but they weren't available.

Lukaku is miles off a Drogba, who Jose would have preferred to sign because he's better in every way. But there's a lack of shithouses these days because a lot of top clubs prefer something different.