Will we make top 4? (2017/18)

Manchester United chat
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

Now you can start to see next seasons team, will it be enough?

270m spent by Mourinho means it fucking should be
danniitronix
Legend

1 year ago

He needs to spend more money that we haven't got because the Glazers have pinched it all.

I want another 150m spent at least.
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

I've no clue but if it's done by playing ugly, hoof it, boring football it won't matter to me. I want to be entertained i want us to play lesser teams off the park and appreciate when we have to be cautious against better teams knowing that the next game we're back at stuffing Newcastle. I want to see a team that looks happy and play like they gel.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

It'll all be irrelevant if Mourinho continues to play the players that are meant to feed the CF in defence
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

Sid wrote:It'll all be irrelevant if Mourinho continues to play the players that are meant to feed the CF in defence
Surely he won't have to do that because that's what the transfer window is for and Woodlouse has had his picks for two months. We really shouldn't be seeing Rashford in defence again.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
senna
Legend

1 year ago

He needs to do better in big games for me and not be such a coward.

I think we will do alright against the smaller teams. It was ok for a while but we wasted a lot of chances and I think confidence took a hit.

If it's the same dross football as the last 2 months he can pack his bags.
redzebs
Legend

1 year ago

It will always be the same dross but grinding football mate, doesn't matter who we sign.

He prefers players that run about loads except the likes of Zlatan who gets a pass because he's already a football great and tell Jose to go and fuck anyway.

He likes Lingard and Young and players who put a shift in more than x factory players, sure look at who got pissed off with him at Chelsea, all the players that had skills to pay the balls, look who was happy enough, the average put a shift in cunts. Sure we know Ronaldo gave him dogs abuse and Jose had to go but bu bu but but it's not just me, wah wah wah, it's lots of the team.

Total harmony like, NOT.

Fergie was 70 odds and still ruled with an iron fist, Jose uses the media when he needs to tell the team unless someone who's basically getting bullied like Shaw has a set and phoned Jose and said I want a meeting tomorrow, put his point across, Jose backed down and played him three days later.

He doesn't know how to use the carrot and stick approach properly but he obviously uses enough players bought for big dough who aren't exciting to watch but sets them up in a certain way to stifle and stop the opposition playing then use a big cf to try and nick a goal or two.

I'm sorry but the way he fucked off and said he was bored of football last season and switched off in the league about five games before the end was shite.

Finishing out of the top four, not being entertained, but being hard to beat might have been ok for the rent boys who weren't a massive club but if we spend £250 mill even and it's shite he can fuck off.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Snoopcousins
Legend

1 year ago

Switched off at the end???
You mean the meaningless PL Games at the end? When we had a EL semi and final coming up?
With a severely weakened squad full of mad injuries?
You mean those games he should have went all out to win and sacrificed the EL?!
Yea.
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
bman2
Legend

1 year ago

I think part of Mourinho's antics at the end of last season were to cover up the decision to make sure we did not finish 5th. He didn't want the EL again. Once 4th seemed to slip away, he tanked the remaining games.
fat maradona
First Teamer

1 year ago

We all want to have a pop at Mourinho for not playing the kind of football we want to see again at United, and for his horrendous player management technique and for not finishing higher in the league. Reality is, anyone else in football worthy of managing a giant club like United just don't want the job. Fergie left the squad in a shit condition when he stepped down and decided Moyes was the best candidate to do a good job with dross (isn't that what he did, season after season, at Everton?) and that if they'd given the job to Mourinho in the first place, the world would have found out that Fergie had been a negligent motherfucker in the last couple of seasons.

Anyway, we weren't that bad last season. Coming off the back of that horrendous trauma with Mopes, then the absolute shite that was Van Gaal, I think Mourinho did a good job restoring confidence and changing the way we played. It was never going to be the swashbuckling swagger of the 90's/00's, football has moved on since then, and we aren't going to play like Bayern/Barca/Real overnight.

So, although he didn't play eye catching, entertaining football last season, we were alright (by the previous 3 seasons standards) and if we had WON the 12 games that we drew (instead of winning) then we'd be joint 1st.

The trick is to have your glass half full, and not half empty like most of the armchair managers on here.