Will we make top 4? (2017/18)

Manchester United chat
Lazarus
Legend

11 months ago

fat maradona wrote:We all want to have a pop at Mourinho for not playing the kind of football we want to see again at United, and for his horrendous player management technique and for not finishing higher in the league. Reality is, anyone else in football worthy of managing a giant club like United just don't want the job. Fergie left the squad in a shit condition when he stepped down and decided Moyes was the best candidate to do a good job with dross (isn't that what he did, season after season, at Everton?) and that if they'd given the job to Mourinho in the first place, the world would have found out that Fergie had been a negligent motherfucker in the last couple of seasons.

Anyway, we weren't that bad last season. Coming off the back of that horrendous trauma with Mopes, then the absolute shite that was Van Gaal, I think Mourinho did a good job restoring confidence and changing the way we played. It was never going to be the swashbuckling swagger of the 90's/00's, football has moved on since then, and we aren't going to play like Bayern/Barca/Real overnight.

So, although he didn't play eye catching, entertaining football last season, we were alright (by the previous 3 seasons standards) and if we had WON the 12 games that we drew (instead of winning) then we'd be joint 1st.

The trick is to have your glass half full, and not half empty like most of the armchair managers on here.
That's convinced me, how could i have thought anything else???? Woooooo Whoooooo!!! BRING ON NEXT SEASON!!!!! WE WERE 'ALRIGHT' LAST SEASON!!! Just 12 victories away from being joint 1st...... :ymapplause:
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X
Sid
Legend

11 months ago

And 30 odd goals, and an actual style of football
fat maradona
First Teamer

11 months ago

Lazarus wrote:

That's convinced me, how could i have thought anything else???? Woooooo Whoooooo!!! BRING ON NEXT SEASON!!!!! WE WERE 'ALRIGHT' LAST SEASON!!! Just 12 victories away from being joint 1st...... :ymapplause:
I don't know you Laz but from what little I've read of your contributions on here, I don't think even you know what you think. It's either usually bollocks or it's just reciting whatever it was that your latest crush on here has said.
fat maradona
First Teamer

11 months ago

Back on topic, the fact is that HAD we scored that elusive goal in those 12 draws which we SHOULD have won (because we were outplaying the oppo or we let slip a late goal) then we would be joint 1st. It's not something I've made up, it's a facking fact. And it wasn't because we were playing shite, mostly we were playing ALRIGHT, it's because we couldn't put a goal away.
Snoopcousins
Legend

11 months ago

fat maradona wrote:Back on topic, the fact is that HAD we scored that elusive goal in those 12 draws which we SHOULD have won (because we were outplaying the oppo or we let slip a late goal) then we would be joint 1st. It's not something I've made up, it's a facking fact. And it wasn't because we were playing shite, mostly we were playing ALRIGHT, it's because we couldn't put a goal away.
Those kind of facts and talk don't go down well around here....trust me I've tried....
You need to be depressing and never happy
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

11 months ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
fat maradona wrote:Back on topic, the fact is that HAD we scored that elusive goal in those 12 draws which we SHOULD have won (because we were outplaying the oppo or we let slip a late goal) then we would be joint 1st. It's not something I've made up, it's a facking fact. And it wasn't because we were playing shite, mostly we were playing ALRIGHT, it's because we couldn't put a goal away.
Those kind of facts and talk don't go down well around here....trust me I've tried....
The truth is somewhere in the middle... we didn't win those games, because we didn't score enough goals... that's not bad luck, we simply weren't good enough in attack... having said that, we did play some good football, and not all those draws were JUST poor finishing, but you're not allowed to say "bad luck" around here... at all... without copping it from the "hard core"...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Lazarus
Legend

11 months ago

fat maradona wrote:
Lazarus wrote:

I don't know you Laz but from what little I've read of your contributions on here, I don't think even you know what you think. It's either usually bollocks or it's just reciting whatever it was that your latest crush on here has said.
Who are you again? You want to have a go at backing any of that up or are you just like the other pseudo intellectual on here who never backs anything up? Go on who's my latest crush?
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X
Lazarus
Legend

11 months ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Snoopcousins wrote:
The truth is somewhere in the middle... we didn't win those games, because we didn't score enough goals... that's not bad luck, we simply weren't good enough in attack... having said that, we did play some good football, and not all those draws were JUST poor finishing, but you're not allowed to say "bad luck" around here... at all... without copping it from the "hard core"...

"you're not allowed" =))

Who's the "hard core" Alf?
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X
Lazarus
Legend

11 months ago

Snoopcousins wrote:

It's supposition not facts......
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X
Sid
Legend

11 months ago

It's not bad luck when it happens for about 12 games. Luck is a bullshit concept anyway, especially when you apply it to something that happens so consistently and predictably over many months.

But that shite became irrelevant anyway because we stopped attacking in the second half of the season and resorted to defending and hoofball

So you can't moan about the points the total at the end of the season. It is what it is.