Will we make top 4? (2017/18)

Manchester United chat
Sid
Legend

10 months ago

Yeah it looks like they need a bit of freshness to give em a kick up the arse. But then they're champions, they scored a shtloads last season, so they shouldn't have to change too much.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

10 months ago

Well, Costa is a mystery... will he be there or not? and Moratta has already had a rough start... the pundits are predicting Batshit will try and step into the gap, but he's not looked like a 20 goal man... without Hazard, they may struggle to score...

City are the team to beat for me... whoever finishes above them wins the title...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
bman2
Legend

10 months ago

I feel that it always confounds the pundits' expectations. I think we might be the surprise this season, that we could be in there from the beginning, in the mix. City *should* be the team to beat on paper, but that's been true every season for the past 5-6 years, but only half those seasons at best have they been proper contenders.

Think we'll be very hard to score against; if we get Bale, and he's fit, that could be enough to do it. Mourinho has a way of making the game look straightforward.
urboystook1hellofabeating
First Teamer

10 months ago

fat maradona wrote:We all want to have a pop at Mourinho for not playing the kind of football we want to see again at United, and for his horrendous player management technique and for not finishing higher in the league. Reality is, anyone else in football worthy of managing a giant club like United just don't want the job. Fergie left the squad in a shit condition when he stepped down and decided Moyes was the best candidate to do a good job with dross (isn't that what he did, season after season, at Everton?) and that if they'd given the job to Mourinho in the first place, the world would have found out that Fergie had been a negligent motherfucker in the last couple of seasons.

Anyway, we weren't that bad last season. Coming off the back of that horrendous trauma with Mopes, then the absolute shite that was Van Gaal, I think Mourinho did a good job restoring confidence and changing the way we played. It was never going to be the swashbuckling swagger of the 90's/00's, football has moved on since then, and we aren't going to play like Bayern/Barca/Real overnight.

So, although he didn't play eye catching, entertaining football last season, we were alright (by the previous 3 seasons standards) and if we had WON the 12 games that we drew (instead of winning) then we'd be joint 1st.

The trick is to have your glass half full, and not half empty like most of the armchair managers on here.
--I couldn't have put it better myself :ymapplause:
dozer
Legend

10 months ago

We've turned into Arsenal fans, looking for a top 4 trophy.
The significance of top 4 is for a champions league place correct? This we already have this season with a Europa Cup, so getting top 4 again isn't really progress.
A champions league place is insignificant if we can't compete in it.
With the players Jose's bought, we must compete for the title and the champions league.
Competing for the title is a bare minimum.
Sid
Legend

10 months ago

Harry, you're still clearly deeply disturbed by Gaal. He's changed you as a person. I know it's hard to tell football wise but he's long gone.
Snoopcousins
Legend

10 months ago

Sid wrote:Harry, you're still clearly deeply disturbed by Gaal. He's changed you as a person. I know it's hard to tell football wise but he's long gone.
The nightmares are still there tbh, will be a while before the club recovers

But at least Jose has us playing better football making hella lot more chances, winning trophies and playing CL football ...
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Sid
Legend

10 months ago

Apart from winning less, finishing lower and playing truly dogshit long ball football - aye

But how long did it take Harry to find those links and quotes? This is Mourinho's second season, Gaal is long gone. Why's he still putting in that kind of effort?

He seems genuinely unwell. He makes suicide jokes a lot but most people reading this can clearly see there's only one person whose at his fucking limit.

I'd take another 3 month break if I were him
Sid
Legend

10 months ago

More links. Those days are gone, Harry, it's Mourinho's second season now. 2017.

Can someone get a nurse, he's gone again
Lazarus
Legend

10 months ago

Sid wrote:Harry, you're still clearly deeply disturbed by Gaal. He's changed you as a person. I know it's hard to tell football wise but he's long gone.
Thing is Sid it was just you maybe Justin who supported LVG, but you have traumatised Harry so much he thinks he was up against a whole gang!
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X