[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
V's Everton. - Page 11 - United Rant

V's Everton.

Manchester United chat

Moderators: Alfonso Bedoya, brianofnazarethffs

Forum rules
dozer
Legend

Re: V's Everton.

Postby dozer » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:36 pm

Lukaku is better than Morata ffs. Or at least he has been better so far. Morata is doing okay, but Lukaku is doing much better.
I didn't think Lukaku would be a good signing for us, but he's doing really well. He scored against Real too, so he is scoring against everyone we've played against. Obviously it's harder to score against the stronger teams but he scored in that one big game we had.
Lukaka needs to improve but he's just 24. People forget that. And he's been improving over the years.

Morata is just not a top top player. He'll do well, but he'll never be the key man for Chelsea.

bman2
Legend

Postby bman2 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:50 pm

People are being too harsh on some of our players. Lukaku has 5 goals and an assist in 5 games, Mickey has five assists and one goal in the same. Stats can be deceptive, but they're obviously doing well so far. Rashford is only 19 and seems to have established himself as a starter for United and England, on most days he helps win games.

Our attack in general still lacks something. We're battering teams into submission, pummelling them when they're knackered in the final ten minutes, but we're not opening them up with scintillating play as much as I think we'd all like. Maybe these players aren't as good as we'd like, but I think if we had a better option on the right that complemented the others, they'd all look better. I mean, it ain't bad for Mickey to have five assists when he usually only has two options to pass to - Lukaku or whichever of Rashford/Martial is on the pitch. It also obviously doesn't help when Fellaini has replaced Pogba as your playmaker...

Snoopcousins
Legend

Postby Snoopcousins » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:02 pm

Halfway between the gutter and the stars

HARRY
Legend

Postby HARRY » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:33 pm

"Hi guys...weekends here again. Hope youve all earned a few quid!!".

Davel
Star Man

Postby Davel » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:11 am

is lukaka shite ?

1 of the worst finshers ive ever seen at OT was andy cole
he was also 1 of the top scorers

this leads me to beleive theres 2 types of striker

the clinical (ruud)
the percentage (cole and luka)
both of these need maybe 3 or 4 chances to finally net.
thing is ruud probally would have not got into the same amount of goal scoring positions.
if he scores over 20 in the prem this season,he aint shite (just a percentage striker).

Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Postby Alfonso Bedoya » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:54 pm

"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:22 pm

Aye he should be banging them in against shite teams domestically, it's bread and butter. The big question is how he performs at the highest level in europe. That's what Carrick, Nev and I think Giggs questioned in summer. We just don't know til he comes up against em. Jose's approach will change against top clubs as well, he'll go defensive, so Rom will only get one or two chances. If he finishes then you can say yeah he's a clinical cunt, and a top striker. But for now you just can't say that, all you can say is he's a quality domestic striker.

How Zlatan fits into that is another matter n all. Can you play both of em. We might have to because I don't think he'll be content to sit on the bench while Rom plays in the CL.

redzebs
Legend

Postby redzebs » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:16 pm

If you give Lakaku chances in the box he'll take them, all I was saying was he was poor against Everton in that one game in my opinion.

And that for the money with the agents fees, throwing in Rooney, paying Roonrys wages etc etc, part of me would have loved to have thrown another £50 mill at it and try and get a Neymar for example so we are entertaining as fuck.

I still think we have an amazing chance of beating City to the league title but if you were a neutral and you got asked, who'd you rather go and watch, for entertainment, City or United, Id be sceptical if anyone said United.

Which is necessary after the post Fergie fuck ups but unthinkable 10 years ago that City would be better to watch.

Lakaku is a proven Prem striker so I'm not saying it was a bad buy, I just don't enjoy watching him play, even though he will make a massive difference and turn lots of last seasons draws into wins.

And look at ADM, so a Neymar crazy money purchase might have been a risk, but I'd love some x factory shit spearheading the attack the odd time just, that's it.

I'd start Martial at 9 tomorrow and just tell him to go and enjoy himself.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.

Snoopcousins
Legend

Postby Snoopcousins » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:12 pm

Snoopcousins
Legend

Postby Snoopcousins » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:15 pm

Return to “The Rant Forum”