Manchester United chat

Moderators: Alfonso Bedoya, brianofnazarethffs

Forum rules
Sid
Legend

Re: V's Everton.

Postby Sid » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:48 pm

Snoopcousins wrote:
Sid wrote:That's ace for Lukaku, he has to keep the goals coming in while we're playing the shite

Even this post ...constant criticising!

It's just not, Snoop

I agree with what Zebs said, Lukaku was bought primarily to score against the shite we drew with last season. And that's what he did today. That's what I meant by that original post.

redzebs
Legend

Postby redzebs » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:13 pm

Aye but problem was, ok, tap in, but he should have been hooked for Martial well before, he's shite bar one track attack, I've no problem playing like that, to his strengths, but he cost so much so he'll keep playing, he'll start every no.9 game until Zlatan is back, even if Martial starts to look shit hot from other positions and amazing x factory centrally
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.

Davel
Legend

Postby Davel » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:28 pm

far too many players again were shite, and get away with it because of 1 magic moment.
if a player is not performing mou must have the balls to sub him
but alas if its 1 of his purchases he doesn`t.this will eventually be his downfall
we were lucky today, very lucky,but also this game last year we would have drawn.

if we play like this next week we will get thrashed

Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Postby Alfonso Bedoya » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:33 pm

Lukaku is shite???

I don't get that at all... he was bought to score goals... he's been scoring goals at a ridiculous pace... if he keeps this up, he'll set a new season record, no problem at all...

Now... I didn't particularly want him in the first place... I wanted Moratta, who I think is the all round better player... Lukaku is the 2 pound hammer in a jewelers tool box, for sure... but his job is to score goals, and as long as he keeps doing that, I don't give a fuck how one dimensional, or blunt tool he is...

I don't actually expect him to set any records, but he's doing his job, quit fuckin complaining... you didn't bitch like this about Ibs, who was as one dimensional as it gets...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."

redzebs
Legend

Postby redzebs » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:57 pm

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:Lukaku is shite???

I don't get that at all... he was bought to score goals... he's been scoring goals at a ridiculous pace... if he keeps this up, he'll set a new season record, no problem at all...

Now... I didn't particularly want him in the first place... I wanted Moratta, who I think is the all round better player... Lukaku is the 2 pound hammer in a jewelers tool box, for sure... but his job is to score goals, and as long as he keeps doing that, I don't give a fuck how one dimensional, or blunt tool he is...

I don't actually expect him to set any records, but he's doing his job, quit fuckin complaining... you didn't bitch like this about Ibs, who was as one dimensional as it gets...

No mate, Lakaku was shite today, I agree Zlatan was probably more wasteful but more wow factor and living on a legacy, I've no problem with Lakaku being bought to batter dross we could only draw with and yes he scored a tap in and yes he'll have better games, but do you not agree, say it's someone decent in the first knock out round in the champions league and Zlatan back or forget him because I take your point, say we set up a solid defence and midfield, even three midfielders, IF Martial had got his shit together and looks like first season, would you not give him a chance upfront in a game that's going to rely on a solid defence and x factory upfront.

I'm not stating we should do this now but v Bayern or some cunt, IF Lakaku keeps us in the Prem race but isn't really showing the skills to pay the bills in Europe, I would be inclined to go with a quicker more technical fluid player.

I think after working on him Martial is gonna fulfill his promise and if he's getting 1/3 of the game time but isn't far behind on goals, then Lakaku isn't the be all and end all.

Though Jose will play Zlatan so it's a moot point.

But ffs, I'd put a team out of good squaddies against Burton, but wouldn't it be nice to see one of our 9s who'll have to make do as wingers for a while get a chance upfront?

Snoopcousins
Legend

Postby Snoopcousins » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:08 am

Zebs - Lukaku was not shite, yes he missed a decent chance that he happened to make on his own but his overall play was good- his movement was good- the ones who were actually at the game and can comment said his movement was ace especially again get their back 3 CBs...and he took his goal brilliantly anticipating it too....

Fuck me you lot would criticise fucking everything.

And Alf i agree with you re Rashford, I've been saying it for a long time now - yes he's going through a purple year or so scoring important goals but he was never highly thought of coming through and couldn't hit a barn door etc...I've a feeling he will dry up soon....
He's too much like Welbeck IMHO- gets into good positions with his pace but lacks the composure of Martial...and he even forgets to bring the ball with him sometimes...

But yea - drop Lukaku - he's shite, that's our problem, too many of these 4-0 wins....we are shite , we should be scoring 6 like City...wah wah wah.
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

redzebs
Legend

Postby redzebs » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:50 am

Snoopcousins wrote:Zebs - Lukaku was not shite, yes he missed a decent chance that he happened to make on his own but his overall play was good- his movement was good- the ones who were actually at the game and can comment said his movement was ace especially again get their back 3 CBs...and he took his goal brilliantly anticipating it too....

And Alf i agree with you re Rashford, I've been saying it for a long time now - yes he's going through a purple year or so scoring important goals but he was never highly thought of coming through and couldn't hit a barn door etc...I've a feeling he will dry up soon....
He's too much like Welbeck IMHO- gets into good positions with his pace but lacks the composure of Martial...and he even forgets to bring the ball with him sometimes...

But yea - drop Lukaku - he's shite, that's our problem, too many of these 4-0 wins....we are shite , we should be scoring 6 like City...wah wah wah.

Fuck me Snoop, you used to be objective, now it's like, oh well people who were there said he was good, wtf??

My mates got a season ticket so does that make him an expert.

Lakaku was shite in THIS game, I've already said I was wrong about Pogba, and to give Lakaku time,

And you love Jose and will back every single decision he makes except Rashford, who's a 9, who he plays out wide, who played for the first time I can remember the most games in a season, yip more than DDG and more than Pogba Mickey T Bailey.

Lakaku will be good at finishing shit teams we couldn't beat before but let's not pretend he's anything other than a big beast in the box, he's not on Aguero Suarez Sanchez Kane fuckin Costa, Rooney at his age, and I'm not even getting into the ballon d'or players contentenders.

Tell you what, stick Lakaku out wide and see if he does better than Rashford.

Plus you keep bringing this stuff up about a purple patch about Rashford. He's Jose's first name on the team sheet.

He's a youngster out of position learning his trade.

You keep bringing up that he wasn't anywhere near our better academy graduates.

Let's see

Wilson, back at the club, will be away soon

Fletcher, if he was getting paid for the trees he's ripping up he'd be bankrupt.

Keane, injured, again.

Back a bit further, King, Hull I think.

Rashford, scored on his euro debut prem debut England debut cup debut derby debut.

Lakaku has 5 years on him and I say again, swap places for a few games and see who looks the fool.

And Rashford was shite today by the way. But Lakaku was shocking, he needs to just welly his chances first time and it might win us the league, but if you're looking for skill and the full works, look elsewhere

dozer
Legend

Postby dozer » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:58 am

If Rashford wants to improve he should leave the club, not on loan but a permanent move.
Lukaku joined West Brom and Everton and earned his move to a big club only AFTER delivering throughout for other clubs, every season.
Pogba left for game time.

Rashford is still living on hype.

swampash
Legend

Postby swampash » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:33 am

...meanwhile, back at the ranch, I really enjoyed the game and thought we looked good all-round. I like the fact we now seem confident in our ability to finish teams off - last season when we went 1-0 up, you could sense the nervousness. For what it's worth, I think the arrival of Matic has a lot to do with the turnaround.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...

Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Postby Alfonso Bedoya » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:59 pm

Snoopcousins wrote:Zebs - Lukaku was not shite, yes he missed a decent chance that he happened to make on his own but his overall play was good- his movement was good- the ones who were actually at the game and can comment said his movement was ace especially again get their back 3 CBs...and he took his goal brilliantly anticipating it too....

Nah... disagree regarding Welbeck/Rashford... Wellbeck is a very good player... his all round game is excellent, but he's got no composure in front of goal... brilliant at getting into good scoring positions, then get's the yips and fucks it up... other than that, he's a bloody good player, which is why Arsene wanted him... but a striker who doesn't score enough, is hard to accommodate in any team...

Rashford isn't half the player Welbeck is, but he's been taking his chances in front of goal, so it's hard to ignore him... but for me, he's got a bit of Nani about him... piss poor decision making... that might come with games, and experience, or he might continue to think he has to prove something, and continue to play too much for himself and not the team... he's good, and young enough to get better, but he's not that good that he can play as selfishly as he too often does...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."